eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Ooooo...kpete is a toughguy!!!

Sun Oct 28, 2012, 07:22 AM
    kpete

Dear Mrs. Romney, SHUT THE HELL UP

Daily Kos member
    SAT OCT 27, 2012 AT 09:57 PM PDT

Dear Mrs. Romney, SHUT THE HELL UP

I am one of those horrible public school teachers you and your husband and your party see as "the enemy". I started teaching in 1995 at a K-12 public, community school (one of only about six in Tennessee).

We need to talk, so please walk with me over the oh-so-French fleur de lis-looking scrolly thing...

First of all, for some reference, let's have a linky to the stinking pile of crap that you unloaded on Good Housekeeping. As a former local new reporter who suffered through an interview with Bill Frist in his dumbass American flag tie, let me tell you, you should RIGHT NOW thank the journalism gods that I didn't do this interview because I'm so fed up with lying pols, I would have ripped into you like Hurricane Sandy, but that's for another day.

Let's talk about THIS comment:

I've been a First Lady of the State. I have seen what happens to people's lives if they don't get a proper education. And we know the answers to that. The charter schools have provided the answers. The teachers' unions are preventing those things from happening, from bringing real change to our educational system. We need to throw out the system.

Where to begin, where to begin...I'll start with the first line

As a First Lady of the State, please tell me how that had to do with actually setting foot in a classroom? Have you taught a non-nanny-cared-for kid how to read? Have you taught an ELL kid how to structure a sentence in English? How many kids have you tutored to take the ACT? Then SHUT THE HELL UP.

the rest:
    http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/1...ucation-system

Via a KOS Kiddie...
    May the FORCE be with you!

Well atleast he's honest about being a horrible teacher.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

What the hell is a "public, community school?" I've lived my entire life save three years in Tennessee, and I've never heard of such a thing.

Another DUmmie completely full of shit. You could knock me over with a feather.
    Olde-style, states' rights conservative. Ask if this concept confuses you.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Wood View Post
    What the hell is a "public, community school?"
    Maybe it means "unlicensed"

All I ever hear is that we need to give schools more money because the schools suck right now. Do they suck or not?

Or do they only suck when Dems say they do so they can demand more money. I take it they don't suck when Repubs demand more accountability.
    Be Not Afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    All I ever hear is that we need to give schools more money because the schools suck right now. Do they suck or not?

Or do they only suck when Dems say they do so they can demand more money. I take it they don't suck when Repubs demand more accountability.
    Exactly! We pour money in to the schools and they are still substandard, underachieving wastes. Neil Bootz pointed out a few years ago that the Altanta School District spend more money per student than any other city in the country and was at the top of the list of the worse performing schools. Money doesn't help. Many private schools are doing a lot better job with a lot less money and home school students steadily out perform public school students. Its sad when an mother or father who was not formally trained to teach can do a better job that a professional.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis