Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AmPat View Post
    Simple. We elected Dopey-Changey, a muslim sympathizing communist racist. We elected him for no better reasons than he was BLACK, thereby salving the Great White Guilt, and because a bunch of juvenile idiots thought he was "cool." Now we have the greatest incompetent fool occupying the White House and an even bigger, although a different kind of fool a heart beat away.

It's time for a real adult to be in charge and dismiss the garbage back to the sewers of $hi*cago.

Damn right.
    May the FORCE be with you!

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Wood View Post
    I've only really started getting a really good grasp of the timeline of this (moment of attack through end of attack) in the last 24 hours or so. I'm just ... staggered.

If I'm understanding this right, from cobbling together the bits and pieces that we know, the e-mails, etc., and I'm just more and more appalled.
    I posted a pretty complete timeline here:

http://www.conservativeunderground.c...345#post534345

Honestly, TX, I don't know how you can have any faith in your Commander in Chief any more. I hate to think about how this must make you and all the other military folks feel, knowing that, KNOWING that your CinC will just abandon you and watch you get killed on TV while you're begging for help to save American lives, and the assets are on the scene, ready to be deployed to save American lives, even if it's not your own. The sheer futility that those two SEALs must have felt, knowing themselves that the assets were there to put a stop to the bad guys in a matter of seconds, but they weren't deployed while these guys fought on for hours, is almost more than I can bear to imagine.
    Now I'm speaking only for myself here with my own personal belief when I say this...but at times like this...like I've said before...I do this for something more than who happens to be warming the seat in the WH at any given time. A lot of people will vote with their feet if Obama gets elected again...they'd rather get out than serve under this President...and that's there choice and frankly I don't blame them..if you can't trust the man who you swore an oath to "obey the orders of...So help me God."...to have your back and do everything he can in his power to give you the resources you need to come out of a bad situation alive...then who can you trust?

I have faith in my immediate leadership and the soldiers I work with...at times like this...that's enough to keep me going.

What I do and what most soldiers will do is concentrate on the 50 meter target...the mission that is right in front of me. That's not to say they won't keep what happened in Libya in the back of their mind...but we've got a daily mission to take care of...we've got soldiers to train, lead and teach.

Also in times like this..you do this job for the guy to your left and right. Just like you do in combat.

Those former SEALS did what any trained soldier would do in a situation like that...they could have no more sat there and done nothing than you or I could have willing stopped breathing. They knew what orders were being sent from D.C. and probably why...and they went anyway. And had we gotten the help there that was on standby...they'd have lived to tell the tale.

How the fuck did we get here?
    The simple answer is that people voted for the guy.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    I posted a pretty complete timeline here:

http://www.conservativeunderground.c...345#post534345
    Yeah, that's a good one that I saw earlier. I meant the timeline of the attack itself, with what we're finding out now.

What I thought happened with previous information:

Terrorists break through gate, the ambassador was tucked away in a "safe room," other consulate employees hunker down somewhere until the SEALs get them out and over to the annex, terrorists follow them to the annex, and the SEALs get killed fighting them off. Everyone else hunkers down for eight hours until the cavalry arrives at dawn.

Now we know that what happened was very, very different indeed, and it changes everything.

Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    Now I'm speaking only for myself here with my own personal belief when I say this...but at times like this...like I've said before...I do this for something more than who happens to be warming the seat in the WH at any given time. A lot of people will vote with their feet if Obama gets elected again...they'd rather get out than serve under this President...and that's there choice and frankly I don't blame them..if you can't trust the man who you swore an oath to "obey the orders of...So help me God."...to have your back and do everything he can in his power to give you the resources you need to come out of a bad situation alive...then who can you trust?

I have faith in my immediate leadership and the soldiers I work with...at times like this...that's enough to keep me going.

What I do and what most soldiers will do is concentrate on the 50 meter target...the mission that is right in front of me. That's not to say they won't keep what happened in Libya in the back of their mind...but we've got a daily mission to take care of...we've got soldiers to train, lead and teach.

Also in times like this..you do this job for the guy to your left and right. Just like you do in combat.

Those former SEALS did what any trained soldier would do in a situation like that...they could have no more sat there and done nothing than you or I could have willing stopped breathing. They knew what orders were being sent from D.C. and probably why...and they went anyway. And had we gotten the help there that was on standby...they'd have lived to tell the tale.
    Well, I sure as hell don't envy the position this puts you in, but I understand that you're a professional who has a job to do no matter the circumstances.

::best civvie salute::

You're a bigger man than I.
    Olde-style, states' rights conservative. Ask if this concept confuses you.

Well, I sure as hell don't envy the position this puts you in, but I understand that you're a professional who has a job to do no matter the circumstances.

It puts the entire military in a bad position. And it furthers solidifies the risk aversion factored into every decision made by ledership in future operations.

To accept that soldiers were knowingly and willingly left on the battlefield by our CINC is something few of us can imagine...much less accept. It's breaking a trust between soldiers and leadership that dates IMO back to Washington.

I didn't/don't want to accept it either quite frankly. It hurts my head when I try to.

If it's ever proven beyond a doubt that this Administration knew and did nothing...and told others to do nothing...the rift it would create between the military and our civilian leadership...and to a certain extent senior uniformed leadership...would be almost irrepairable.

Kind words sir...I hope some day to live up to your high praise.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Yeah, that's a good one that I saw earlier. I meant the timeline of the attack itself, with what we're finding out now.

What I thought happened with previous information:

Terrorists break through gate, the ambassador was tucked away in a "safe room," other consulate employees hunker down somewhere until the SEALs get them out and over to the annex, terrorists follow them to the annex, and the SEALs get killed fighting them off. Everyone else hunkers down for eight hours until the cavalry arrives at dawn.

Now we know that what happened was very, very different indeed, and it changes everything.

Well I am now retired and I don't mind voicing my opinion of the POC occupying the CIC position. He is at best an incompetent fool. At worst, an Anti-American muslim sympathizer. This "man," Obozo the Fool, is lower than excrement in my eyes. I share this on behalf of my brothers-in-arms still serving and therefore compelled to refrain from such comments.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

10 If you falter in a time of trouble,
    how small is your strength!
    11 Rescue those being led away to death;
    hold back those staggering toward slaughter.
    12 If you say, “But we knew nothing about this,”
    does not he who weighs the heart perceive it?
    Does not he who guards your life know it?
    Will he not repay everyone according to what they have done? Proverbs 24:10-12
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by AmPat View Post
    Well I am now retired and I don't mind voicing my opinion of the POC occupying the CIC position. He is at best an incompetent fool. At worst, an Anti-American muslim sympathizer. This "man," Obozo the Fool, is lower than excrement in my eyes. I share this on behalf of my brothers-in-arms still serving and therefore compelled to refrain from such comments.
    Thank you for your comments. Sadly I don't give him the benefit of the doubt as being an incompetent fool. Incompetent he might be, a fool he might be, but it's done with what I think is a great deal of malice of forethought.

Thank you for your service, and I'm sure that you're glad that you no longer have to salute that person. During Clinton's terms, I talked to many officers who had turned to a civilian job, as they said that they no longer in good faith could salute Bubba as their commander in chief. Too many good men resigned because of him. At least the economy was in good enough shape that they could get a decent job in civilian life. The incompetent in the White House now has denied that to many leaving the military (and to civilians, too).
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    Thank you for your comments. Sadly I don't give him the benefit of the doubt as being an incompetent fool. Incompetent he might be, a fool he might be, but it's done with what I think is a great deal of malice of forethought.

Thank you for your service, and I'm sure that you're glad that you no longer have to salute that person. During Clinton's terms, I talked to many officers who had turned to a civilian job, as they said that they no longer in good faith could salute Bubba as their commander in chief. Too many good men resigned because of him. At least the economy was in good enough shape that they could get a decent job in civilian life. The incompetent in the White House now has denied that to many leaving the military (and to civilians, too).
    Thank you kind lady.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Today during a Sandy photo op:

This is a tough time for a lot of people; millions of folks all across the Eastern Seaboard, but America's tougher. And we're tougher because we pull together, we leave nobody behind, we make sure we respond as a nation and remind ourselves that whenever an American is in need, all of us stand together to make sure we're providing the help that's necessary.
    This clownshoes has no shame. None. What a disgusting piece of crap this guy is.

I left out the uhs and ums or it would have been unreadable.
    Be Not Afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Today during a Sandy photo op:

This clownshoes has no shame. None. What a disgusting piece of crap this guy is.

I left out the uhs and ums or it would have been unreadable.
    You echo my thoughts entirely. Obama has no shame nor sense of honor. He's a disgrace and don't feel too kindly to Gov Christie right now. Never thought I'd admire Bloomberg more. At least he told Obama to keep out of New York.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"