Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    The military is civilian controlled. Your other comments are deflection. Just because you don't mind being evangelized, subtly or not so subtly, doesn't mean that it's supposed to be happening.
    What deflection? There is no evangelicalization occuring within the military. We have an administration that is socially engineering the military, as we've seen repeatedly, and you have your standard atheist asshat leading the charge.

It's a non-issue, people making mountains out of mole hills, putting our resources towards things other then our real mission, and it's all bullshit.

When you've got real insight on how it's going in the military I'll take your word for it, but in the mean time blow off on it. I am an atheist, i'm not defending the home team on this one. While I'm acceptent of peoples rights to practice religion, I'm vehemently opposed to efforts to convert. I wouldn't be defending anything were this something that was truly happening.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    What deflection? There is no evangelicalization occuring within the military. We have an administration that is socially engineering the military, as we've seen repeatedly, and you have your standard atheist asshat leading the charge.
    Define socially engineering the military and when you think it began.

Define socially engineering the military and when you think it began.
    Social engineering = Enforcing political correctness...special rights for protected classes forcing the military to accept certain behaviors and policies that are detrimental to good order and discipline and fly in the face of what is needed to be done to engage the enemy and win in combat.

It began in earnest right after the inauguration in 1993.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

[I]Blah, blah, blah.
    Q. How can anyone make more posts to try to cloud the issue than novatwit?

A. They can't.

All those posts and not a single shred of meaningful info......
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    Live every day as if it were your last, because one of these days, it will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Retread View Post

All those posts and not a single shred of meaningful info......
    A 100% perfect record as usual.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    Social engineering = Enforcing political correctness...special rights for protected classes forcing the military to accept certain behaviors and policies that are detrimental to good order and discipline and fly in the face of what is needed to be done to engage the enemy and win in combat.

It began in earnest right after the inauguration in 1993.
    It goes like this:

First - it was just illegal.

Next - It was "don't ask, don't tell".

Now - It's not only legal, it's celebrated.

I suggest most of you guys currently in the services get out before they make it mandatory.
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    Live every day as if it were your last, because one of these days, it will be.

Then you have the deliberate efforts within the military to promote evangelical religion and Republican politics. http://www.airforcetimes.com/news/20...ligion-083112/
    That's a ridiculous statement, even from you. Whatever may or may not have been going on at the Academy, it is not indicative of the whole Air Force. In over 25 years of both active and reserve service, I have not witnessed anything resembling pressure or heavy handed promotion of any religious beliefs. Weinstein's "crusade" is well known here in Colorado, and since it first surfaced, I've asked enlisted and officers alike if they've experienced anything close to what he is alluding to. Nada. I've read some of the claims Weinstein makes, and although I wouldn't call him an outright liar, I feel comfortable saying he's quite prone to hyperbole. There may be isolated cases that he's cherry picking and blowing up, but they are not rampant, as he would like his audience to believe. It fits right in with the liberal mindset though, similar to the argument that having Rush Limbaugh on AFN is "brainwashing" the troops.

I've run across evangelicals in the military who've attempted to persuade me to their cause, but with no more aggressiveness or in no larger numbers than I've encountered in the civilian world. And if self-reliance, a sense of duty and personal responsibility are also associated with "republican politics", then it's by accident and not by design. I'd get one or two more sources than Mikey before I'd cement my opinion on this.