Thread: I'll probably be the target of a stupid bouncy tale.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 37
  1. #11  
    Fabulous Poster
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    10,161
    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    SLW, CBS poll;



    Just 2 weeks ago.

    Far as Europe being better, you should have turn around that and asked why is every European nation then switching to a more privatized healthcare system and getting away from the government run style? And if its so great, why are all but one bankrupt? Not to forget one last question. Why doesn't she live there now?
    http://votifi.tumblr.com/post/246280...among-veterans
     

  2. #12  
    Senior Member txradioguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Bavaria
    Posts
    7,224
    Military Times (run by Gannett News) has pretty much the same results as the CBS poll.

    Reuters is smoking crack with that poll of theirs.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

    Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

    To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

    The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.
     

  3. #13  
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Sarasota,FL
    Posts
    41,917
    And, I forgot about this, I saw a report on CNN or MSNBC can't remember, that a TON of people in France
    buy additional health policies. Now if their "free" system is so good, why are these selling??

    I missed this encounter as I had joined the other husband at the docks to look at some boats that
    were for sale and he wanted a cig break. I had a feeling the "encounter" might happen as before
    we got up the aggressive dyke was watching & listening to us. I guess she felt the need to
    educate us like a good widdle ObamaBot...
    May the FORCE be with you!
     

  4. #14  
    Zoomie djones520's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    St. Louis
    Posts
    10,049
    Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    And, I forgot about this, I saw a report on CNN or MSNBC can't remember, that a TON of people in France
    buy additional health policies. Now if their "free" system is so good, why are these selling??

    I missed this encounter as I had joined the other husband at the docks to look at some boats that
    were for sale and he wanted a cig break. I had a feeling the "encounter" might happen as before
    we got up the aggressive dyke was watching & listening to us. I guess she felt the need to
    educate us like a good widdle ObamaBot...
    Canada is like that as well. My dad's girlfriend was thrilled when she landed a job that offered private insurance.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

    In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.
     

  5. #15  
    Administrator SaintLouieWoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Sarasota Florida
    Posts
    39,653
    Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    No cop jumping out of the bushes?
    Her girlfriend/date was supposedly a cop in Pinellas County, Florida. She seemed extremely embarassed at the rudeness of her companion.

    Probably what bothered her the most was turning my back on her, not willing to waste any more time. I admit to listening to conversations once in a while in a crowded restaurant, but would never butt into their discussions or comment, other than to say to the next table that they had cute little kids as we left (to the parents or grandparents).
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

    " To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

    "
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"


     

  6. #16  
    Zoomie djones520's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    St. Louis
    Posts
    10,049
    Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    Her girlfriend/date was supposedly a cop in Pinellas County, Florida. She seemed extremely embarassed at the rudeness of her companion.

    Probably what bothered her the most was turning my back on her, not willing to waste any more time. I admit to listening to conversations once in a while in a crowded restaurant, but would never butt into their discussions or comment, other than to say to the next table that they had cute little kids as we left (to the parents or grandparents).
    Yeah, it's certainly the epitome of rudeness.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

    In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.
     

  7. #17  
    Fabulous Poster
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    10,161
    Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    Military Times (run by Gannett News) has pretty much the same results as the CBS poll.

    Reuters is smoking crack with that poll of theirs.
    It would help if the polls were more clinical and less POV. For example:


    Although there is little or no data distinguishing active duty military personnel and veterans, there is a contrast in political views among officers and enlisted personnel. Jason Dempsey, a Lieutenant Colonel in the Army and Bob Shapiro have done a fair amount of ground-breaking research into attitudes and trends in the military and offer some of the following analysis:
    2/3rds of majors and other high-ranking officers describe themselves as conservative
    32% of enlisted personnel are conservative
    23% are liberal
    45% are moderates



    This actually is pretty close to national representation, howbeit the demographics are a bit skewed. The nation is more closely divided into thirds conservative, liberal, "moderate (whatever the hell that means)".

    I would expect the military to skew a little towards the conservative for a variety of reasons, not inconsequential that the demographics of those who enter the military skew conservative in civilian life. Then you have the deliberate efforts within the military to promote evangelical religion and Republican politics. http://www.airforcetimes.com/news/20...ligion-083112/
     

  8. #18  
    Zoomie djones520's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    St. Louis
    Posts
    10,049
    Nova, in 11 years I've never once seen anyone promote their religion on me in a conversion attempt. There is hardly anything widespread about any activities like that.

    And I like that you assert that there are "deliberate efforts" and then link an article that clearly states that such cases are isolated, and there is clear policy against it.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

    In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.
     

  9. #19  
    Fabulous Poster
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    10,161
    Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    Her girlfriend/date was supposedly a cop in Pinellas County, Florida. She seemed extremely embarassed at the rudeness of her companion.

    Probably what bothered her the most was turning my back on her, not willing to waste any more time. I admit to listening to conversations once in a while in a crowded restaurant, but would never butt into their discussions or comment, other than to say to the next table that they had cute little kids as we left (to the parents or grandparents).
    I have been known to say to my companion, "Oh for God's sake, can you hear this garbage this person is going on?" I do reserve that for the most extremes of falsehood or offensiveness, rarely if ever commenting on a matter of opinion.

    I can't wait to move back to California. My best friend and I are looking forward to calling a lot of people on their bullshit and offending as many as possible.

    Waiter: Do you have any questions?

    Nova : Yes. Is the tofu grilled or fried?

    W: It's grilled.

    N: And are the avocados Haas?

    W: Yes.

    N: Are the kitchen workers illegal aliens?
     

  10. #20  
    Fabulous Poster
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    10,161
    Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    Nova, in 11 years I've never once seen anyone promote their religion on me in a conversion attempt. There is hardly anything widespread about any activities like that.
    I don't doubt you, but at the same time the MRFF has a lot of source material on its website, justifying its mission and showing the issues and events which have gotten traction or initiated change. Is it possible that there is some reason you were excused from the "illegal command pressure" that Weinstein refers to?
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •