Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Navy Replaces Admiral Leading Mideast Strike Group Because of Ongoing Investigation 
    In an unusual move, the Navy has replaced an admiral commanding an aircraft carrier strike group while it is deployed to the Middle East. The replacement was prompted by an Inspector General’s investigation of allegations of inappropriate leadership judgment.

Rear Adm. Charles M. Gaouette, the commander of the USS John C. Stennis strike group, is being returned to the United States for temporary reassignment.

In a statement the Navy said it had approved a request made by Vice Adm. John W. Miller, the Commander of U.S. Naval Forces Central Command, to temporarily reassign Gaouette “pending the results of an investigation by the Navy Inspector General.”

The statement said Gaoutte would return to the carrier’s home port of Bremerton, Washington.

A Navy official familiar with the circumstances of the investigation said it involved allegations of “inappropriate leadership judgment” and stressed it was not related to personal conduct.

The Stennis group arrived in the Fifth Fleet’s area of operations on Oct. 17 to replace the USS Enterprise, which was on the final deployment of its 50 years of service. The allegations are recent and were made within the last couple of weeks.

The Stennis returned to Bremerton in March from a seven-month deployment to the Middle East. In July the Pentagon ordered the carrier to deploy in August — four months ahead of schedule — so a two-carrier presence could be maintained in the Middle East after the Enterprise finished its deployment. The other carrier strike group currently operating in the Fifth Fleet is the USS Dwight D. Eisenhower.

Gaouette’s Chief of Staff, Capt. William C. Minter, will lead the strike group until Rear Adm. Troy M. Shoemaker arrives to take command “until the matter is resolved.”

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics...investigation/
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Could there be a revolt against the incompetence of the CIC? The military are dedicated to honor and to protect our country. I'm sure the stuff that's going on now is churning their stomachs. It's horrendous to make a man (or woman) of honor do something that is dishonorable.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

GO CARDS

There are just too many of these amazing coincidences going on lately.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    Could there be a revolt against the incompetence of the CIC? The military are dedicated to honor and to protect our country. I'm sure the stuff that's going on now is churning their stomachs. It's horrendous to make a man (or woman) of honor do something that is dishonorable.
    We may have someone else that wanted to help the ambassador.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Possibly. This is, however, speculation. The timing supports that speculation, and, by replacing him, but keeping him on active duty, the administration effectively gags the Admiral until after the election. Still, it's thin.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    Possibly. This is, however, speculation. The timing supports that speculation, and, by replacing him, but keeping him on active duty, the administration effectively gags the Admiral until after the election. Still, it's thin.
    It is all thin but there are to dammed many unusual coincidences right now and this government has proved itself time and time again to be dishonest and up to many things that are far from what our founders intended and our constitution allows.
    I don't believe in coincidences, everything come to pass for a purpose for someone.

It is all thin but there are to dammed many unusual coincidences right now and this government has proved itself time and time again to be dishonest and up to many things that are far from what our founders intended and our constitution allows.
    I don't believe in coincidences, everything come to pass for a purpose for someone.
    The real problem with the dishonesty of the administration is that even when they are acting properly, they engender suspicion. They become carriers for paranoia.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    The real problem with the dishonesty of the administration is that even when they are acting properly, they engender suspicion. They become carriers for paranoia.
    Very true, it is a precarious position to be in when in a dangerous world, you cannot trust your own government to have the best interest of it's citizens at heart.

It would make sense. Gen. Ham would reach out to assets in his AO that could quickly get to the trouble spot. And IMO the Admiral had to be getting the same flash traffic messages about Benghazi.

Just too many coincidences here.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    It would make sense. Gen. Ham would reach out to assets in his AO that could quickly get to the trouble spot. And IMO the Admiral had to be getting the same flash traffic messages about Benghazi.

Just too many coincidences here.
    5th Fleet belongs to CENTCOM though. That makes the likely hood of a cover up that much smaller, since you'd have everyone at two major commands being kept silent about this.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.