Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Racist cries racism because NBA team too white. 
    Are Minnesota Timberwolves Too White?

Minnesota Timberwolves fans may notice something different about their team this year. In a league in which American-born black players made up 75 percent of roster spots in 2011, the Timberwolves will have an opening-day roster comprising just 33 percent black players (five out of 15).

Is that a problem?

Some civil rights leaders in Minneapolis think so. Tyrone Terrell, chairman of St. Paul's African American leadership council, told the Star-Tribune that he thinks the unbalanced roster could be seen as a ploy by the ownership to sell the team to a majority-white fan base.

Ron Edwards, a longtime Minneapolis civil rights advocate, told the Star-Tribune that it was "somewhat disturbing" when he saw a game last season in which Wes Johnson was the only black player on the floor for the Timberwolves. The composition of this season's roster has prompted Edwards to react even stronger.

"It raises some real questions to me about what's really intended," Edwards said. "I think, personally, that it was calculated. Is this an attempt to get fans back in the stands? Minnesota, after all, is a pretty white state.''
    This is, obviously, where his logic breaks down but he'll never acknowledge it. Since Minnesota is but 5% black that means the Minnesota Timberwolves should only have 0.75 black people on their team (15 players x 5%) instead of the five that are on the team.

Today has to be April 1st
    Be Not Afraid.

It's to the point where their true anti-white racism is showing.

Maybe fans aren't in the stands because in the great white north we like things like Hockey, and not Basketball.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    Maybe fans aren't in the stands because in the great white north we like things like Hockey, and not Basketball.
    What hockey?

I love my God, my country, my flag, and my troops ....
    _ WELFARE IS NOT AN ENTITLEMENT! _

I'm just wondering where they found that many white guys who could play basketball well enough for the NBA?

Senior Member Unreconstructed Reb's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    I'm just wondering where they found that many white guys who could play basketball well enough for the NBA?
    Racist much?
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that you won't need it until they try to take it away."---Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Fabulous Poster
    When I was a kid, I attatched a certain level of interest to college and professional sports teams. When I was a teen, I learned that the University of Maryland was growing football players in Spotsylvania County Virginia and that the Washington Redskins hired players from all over the place. Suddenly, I couldn't understand why anyone cared who won the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Unreconstructed Reb View Post
    Racist much?

You were obviously born without any sense of humor whatsoever.

Senior Member Unreconstructed Reb's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    You were obviously born without any sense of humor whatsoever.
    Perhaps, but at least I didn't turn into a flaming libtard/progressive/commie bastard.
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that you won't need it until they try to take it away."---Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote Originally Posted by Unreconstructed Reb View Post
    Perhaps, but at least I didn't turn into a flaming libtard/progressive/commie bastard.
    You could at least call me a bitch. My parents were married when they had me.