Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Take a day to yourself, handle your snakes and oil the door to your bunker, the pressure is getting to you.
    You can't seem to handle a mild rebuke of back off and be civil and you won't be happy until you have made a production of this so take a couple days off on me.
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    A man is but a product of his thoughts. What he thinks, he becomes. Gandhi
    Quote Originally Posted by Carol
    When I judge someone's integrity one key thing I look at is - How does s/he treat people s/he doesn't agree with or does not like?
    I can respect someone who I do not agree with, but I have NO respect for someone who puts others down in a public forum. That is the hallmark of someone who has no integrity, and cannot be trusted.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Unreconstructed Reb View Post
    For one, I didn't call her a bastard. Read the post again.

Since you're a mod let me make sure I have this squared away: Noonie, the Bronco Bama voting liberal, is off limits. Reb, me, a conservative, is fair game. Does that about sum it up?
    No one, as you've found out, is "off limits".

What I don't want happening on my board are members attacking other members who are in good standing. CU isn't DU, you can have a Lib leaning if you are so inclined and follow the rules.

So chill out when you come back or don't come back, your choice.

SR
    May the FORCE be with you!

Question Boss - When on hiatus are just their posting rights on hold?
    When I judge someone's integrity one key thing I look at is - How does s/he treat people s/he doesn't agree with or does not like?
    I can respect someone who I do not agree with, but I have NO respect for someone who puts others down in a public forum. That is the hallmark of someone who has no integrity, and cannot be trusted.

Quote Originally Posted by Retread View Post
    Question Boss - When on hiatus are just their posting rights on hold?
    The person in question is basically banned, I just change their title from Banned to Timed out. The ban is
    a temp one. When it expires his account is active again.

They can still view all posting as a guest, but they cannot log into their accounts, so "Timed Out" folks can, and probably are, still seeing everything we say.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    They can still view all posting as a guest, but they cannot log into their accounts, so "Timed Out" folks can, and probably are, still seeing everything we say.
    Thanks - that was my real question. Assuming they aren't so PO'd as to just leave. We could all wish........

Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    Exactly. Sorry I wan't clear.

Quote Originally Posted by Unreconstructed Reb View Post
    Ask noonie if she's gonna vote for Bronco Bama and when she answers Yes I want to ask you how can you stomach that?
    Maybe she is, maybe she isn't. Maybe she says she isn't, lies, and does anyway. Who's to know?

The point is Reb, this is an Internet messageboard where a few hundred people bounce in and out on a semi-regular basis. No policy is made here, no kings or presidents post here, except that guy that heads up that Empire. He may have died though.

The thing is, if you want to affect any real change, get off your butt and go do it. This is not the place for that and hollering at a couple Lefties on this board isn't going to make one bit of difference.

Just chill and realize that she's a kook and find a nicer way of telling her that she is. ;)
    Be Not Afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    I wasn't sure what "Dude!!" meant.
    That's cause you're not a dude.

Every dude on here knows the 50 or so words and meaning I was expressing with that one word reply. Sure, it would have been better to hear my inflection but they got it.
    Be Not Afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by Retread View Post
    Thanks - that was my real question. Assuming they aren't so PO'd as to just leave. We could all wish........
    I always get a kick when you get these types, so far flung out there that they call folks like me liberals, simply because I treat homosexuals like a regular person. I for one see no great loss if he doesn't come back.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.