Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    That's one of the best descriptions of the voting habits of some of the dems. I think a pickle would be better than Obama----at least it would do no harm.
    It just goes to show how stupid liberal voters are.

Quote Originally Posted by marv View Post
    Didn't a Dem win re-election several years ago - even though he had already died? Was it in CA?
    I never heard of that?

I love my God, my country, my flag, and my troops ....
    _ WELFARE IS NOT AN ENTITLEMENT! _

Quote Originally Posted by LukeEDay View Post
    It just goes to show how stupid liberal voters are.

I never heard of that?

It was the Missouri situation that SLW summarized. Carnahan died, and he won the election anyways, so they put his wife in the seat.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    It was the Missouri situation that SLW summarized. Carnahan died, and he won the election anyways, so they put his wife in the seat.
    He won by a narrow margin, after some really questionable votes in the city of St Louis. There were lots of dead folk voting for the dead guy.

Luckily she only had a 2 year term and was defeated at the next election. Jean Carnahan was quite the liberal. I'm trying to remember why she was only in there for 2 years.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    He won by a narrow margin, after some really questionable votes in the city of St Louis. There were lots of dead folk voting for the dead guy.

Luckily she only had a 2 year term and was defeated at the next election. Jean Carnahan was quite the liberal. I'm trying to remember why she was only in there for 2 years.

This is just a guess, but perhaps it was because she wasn't the candidate on the ballot, so they decided to have another election the next federal election cycle, which would be 2 years?

Didn't Morris predict a win for McCain in 2008 or am I remembering that wrong? Either way, I think this is a bit of wishful thinking. The early indicators are looking positive for Romney, especially in early voting which was Obama's strong point. However, it's far from a lock yet and if Romney does win I doubt it'll be with more than 300 electoral votes.