1. #1 Just once it would be nice for alll the media to do their civic duty and help calm fr 
    link

What a hoot. kelliekat44 doesn't like it that people are getting tired and impatient about the relief efforts. DUers and some of those affected were all about demanding the impossible with Katrina and 100% blaming President Bush. Just wait til it gets worse and the people affected blame Obama.
    kelliekat44 (159 posts)

Just once it would be nice for alll the media to do their civic duty and help calm frayed attitudes

and emotions over disaster relief. It would be nice for them to keep informing people about how difficult these relief efforts are and how the state, local, and federal governments are doing everything in their power to help people through a most difficult situation even as some of the responders suffer huge losses themselves. And more credit needs to given to the Red Cross...especially since they were so demeaned by the RW media (FOX) right after 9/11 and Katrina. The RW never saw a social safety net they didn't want to cut.

Here's another.

link

Skidmore (27,834 posts)

ABC pushing the anger is rising and should be ashamed.

I'm sorry, but let's get realistic about how fast cleaning up can occur after such a huge disaster. Instead of pushing anger, let's facilitate communicating what type of assistance is needed and where. Good grief, the sea came inland with great force. It scoured beaches and slammed debris around on a huge scale. It cannot all be cleaned up in a week's time. Four years after the 2008 floods we are still removing debris in this area while we are rebuilding. Let's help people be safe for now. No city, regardless of how huge, has the resources to clean up something like this on its own in such a speedy fashion. Our state has sent crews to help and I know many other states have too. But for this media outlet to be dealing with bad situation in this manner is not helpful.
    Their main concern is how it will reflect on Obama, their hero and god.

nc4bo (12,542 posts)

2. MSNBC doing same. Liberal In LA did an OP about it...

They will be extremely predictable.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/10021678252

I agree with you, it's going to take some time, this will be NO Katrina and that is going to have the RW and M$M setting themselves on fire but it's going to take time.
    That's right. For one thing Christie is a REPUBLICAN and not a Democrat like the mayor and governor of LA. Of course it will be better, but it will still look bad for Obama.
    winstars (993 posts)

5. I said on Tuesday that this meme was coming...

Our President could be up on a frigging pole with spikes and a hard hat on, personally reconnecting the electricity today and if there is one (1) person left with power,

ITS THE BLACK GUYS FAULT!!!

Its a no brainer...

Obama's Katrina!!!

Federal Response Too Slow!!!

BTW, He Is Still Black!!!

There is no way Faux and the rest will not do this, starting today.

Look for our side to have a massive display today of Federal action today, like when the National Guard finally arrived in NOLA with Gen. Honore in command.
    Gosh it only makes sense that it has to be FAIR. Obama is expected to perform at the same standards President Bush was with Katrina.

WHY DOESN'T HE HAVE IT ALL CLEANED UP, AND WHY DOES HE HATE PEOPLE SO MUCH THAT HE IS LETTING THEM DIE!!!

brooklynite (11,146 posts)

9. I'm confused: are you saying that people AREN'T getting angry?

....which I would assume would be a natural development. Or are you saying that the job of the media is to change the story, rather than report it?
    That is exactly what they are saying........,don't report something that makes Obama look bad.

Fabulous Poster
    I'm just going to declare disgust for anyone who exploits this storm. I have been in major storms, and not once did I hear the victims, helpers, or heros identify or sort themselves out by political affiliation. When storms hit Ocean City, everyone is outside cleaning up what's in front of him. People team up to lift broken porches, awnings, and trees off cars. There is no red and blue.

Here in Florida, the guy with a chainsaw, a truck with a tow chain, or some cinder blocks to hold up your porch until you can get it fixed is as likely to be a Republican as he is a Democrat. I will say that no one gets trucks loaded and on the road with relief supplies like the evangelicals, but the Catholics and Methodists come in a close second. The Episcopalians write checks and watch the grandkids because they are old.

They are showing how hypocritical they are by talking the complete opposite of how they were with Bush. obama is their messiah, they are in love with him. They all want to get in line and fellate him ..

I love my God, my country, my flag, and my troops ....
    _ WELFARE IS NOT AN ENTITLEMENT! _

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    I'm just going to declare disgust for anyone who exploits this storm. I have been in major storms, and not once did I hear the victims, helpers, or heros identify or sort themselves out by political affiliation. When storms hit Ocean City, everyone is outside cleaning up what's in front of him. People team up to lift broken porches, awnings, and trees off cars. There is no red and blue.

Here in Florida, the guy with a chainsaw, a truck with a tow chain, or some cinder blocks to hold up your porch until you can get it fixed is as likely to be a Republican as he is a Democrat. I will say that no one gets trucks loaded and on the road with relief supplies like the evangelicals, but the Catholics and Methodists come in a close second. The Episcopalians write checks and watch the grandkids because they are old.
    I agree, helping people should transend political, cultural and religious affiliation. I went down to Miami after Andrew and I don't remember anyone asking me if I was a democrat or republican before accepting help from me and those with me.
    Last edited by FlaGator; 11-01-2012 at 11:21 AM.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    I agree, helping peope should transend political, cultural and religious affiliation. I went down to Miami after Andrew and I don't remember anyone asking me if I was a democrat or republican before accepting help from me and those with me.

I think Christie and Obama have done a good job of demonstrating that kind of cooperation in the last day or so.