1. #1 Pat Buchanan: How Obama Won -- and May Win 
    http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=26916

...Barack was thus able to unite the McGovern wing -- young, idealistic, liberal, anti-war -- with the Jesse Jackson quadrant of the party, black folks, and defeat Hillary's coalition of working-class Catholics, women, seniors and Hispanics.

As of today, by the traditional metrics of national politics, Democrats should roll up a victory this fall like FDR's first in 1932. ...

Yet, national polls show McCain-Obama a close race, and the electoral map points to critical problems for Barack.... Middle America knows little about him, and much of what they know they do not like. When West Virginians were asked what they knew about Barack, a plurality said the Rev. Wright was his pastor. In Pennsylvania, a goodly slice of Democrats knew Barack had said they were "bitter" about being left behind and were clinging to their bigotries, Bibles and guns.

By June, resistance to Barack's nomination in the party that he now leads was extraordinary, stemming from a belief that he is too naive to be commander in chief in wartime and too far left, and does not like or understand Middle America or its values.

"He is not one of us."

And if Barack cannot erase this hardening perception in the American mind, he will not be president...

Goldwater
    In a way it is some kind of miracle McCain was picked, the only guy in the GOP who can compete for hispanic votes...

Quote Originally Posted by Goldwater View Post
    In a way it is some kind of miracle McCain was picked, the only guy in the GOP who can compete for hispanic votes...
    And thank God for that. I know conservatives don't want to vote for McCain, but when you've got a choice of Mac or Barack?

It's good to see another Buchanan fan. Am I being too presumptuous?
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by Molon Labe View Post
    It's good to see another Buchanan fan. Am I being too presumptuous?
    Not so much a fan as an appreciator of his style.