Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Madisonian View Post
    Yes on 1, yes on 5 (super majority to raise taxes) and no on the rest.
    Yeah, I did vote Yes on 5 as well.

I felt conflicted on voting for the collective bargaining one, I'd have been fine if it was just public sector stuff, but they tossed private in there as well so I had to shoot it down.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

I will vote "yes" on 1 and "no" on the rest. When you mess with the state constitution, you are only asking for it.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    It's more like +5 for Obama. I just don't see many Romney signs in yards or stickers on cars-only in wealthy neighborhoods and in rural areas, like Livingston County.

2 of the largest cities are pretty much all Obama (Detroit and Warren). The city of Grand Rapids (not it's suburbs) is about 50/50.

The bulk of Michigan's population lives in Detroit and it's immediate suburbs. As much as the rest of the state hates it, we pretty much decide the presidential vote for the state, at least we do when the second largest city is split 50/50.
    That there proves that Southerners are much smarter than Northerners. Who in their right mind supports a pathetic loser with a four year track record of failure?
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by AmPat View Post
    That there proves that Southerners are much smarter than Northerners. Who in their right mind supports a pathetic loser with a four year track record of failure?
    I'm pretty sure Atlanta will be about as blue as Detroit will.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    I'm pretty sure Atlanta will be about as blue as Detroit will.
    I realize that. I'm messing with Nooner over a previous comment from another thread. I'm well aware of the hotbeds of liberal infestation in the South.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

The problem with this poll and every other poll you see is they're basing their weighting on the 2008 voter turnout when they should be using the 2010 numbers. I think most of the pollsters are going to be very surprised come November 7th because of this.
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

I realize that. I'm messing with Nooner over a previous comment from another thread. I'm well aware of the hotbeds of liberal infestation in the South.
    Sarasota is also infested with libs. Scary thing it's not only in the Whole Foods Parking lot.
    I think the demographics of people moving here has shifted from the Midwest to the Northeast. After the storms, it's liable to get worse. The east coast of Florida used to be the destination of choice, but now they're coming to the Gulf Coast.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

Quote Originally Posted by Madisonian View Post
    We hate it because you keep voting yourselves more money out of our pockets and then when the rest of us try to hold the worthless areas south of 696 and east of 275 accountable with things like the Emergency Manager laws, you piss and moan and file lawsuits because we are interfering.

ETA: You also keep foisting Levin and Stabmenow on us every 6 years, fuck you all very much.
    You're welcome. We have the most people, we get the most votes. Despite that, the republicans have managed to control the Michigan Legislature, the MSSC and currently, the Governor's office and the Attorney General's office. The GOP has held the Governor's office after each of the last two census counts and has controlled redistricting.

Stabenow is up by about 20 points. If your party didn't choose a complete racist asshole to run, you might actually be able to win that one. That ad he ran during the Super Bowl pretty much cost him the election in February, before he even won the primary.

Levin is probably going to retire in a couple of years. You could win that one, if you don't run Hoekstra. Blanchard will probably run for that spot on our side, and he's not all that popular-but he could beat Hoekstra.

Dude, I told you on that thread that my comments were a response to the guy who uses the traitor flag as his icon, not to the whole south. Like I said then, we wouldn't have anything called "American Cusine" without the south. All of our cooking styles up here come from either other countries, or the southern tradition.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    Dude, I told you on that thread that my comments were a response to the guy who uses the traitor flag as his icon, not to the whole south. Like I said then, we wouldn't have anything called "American Cusine" without the south. All of our cooking styles up here come from either other countries, or the southern tradition.
    Chill Nooner, just teasing you. I enjoy a little cross banter sometimes. Maybe I should have added a smiley?
    C. S. Lewis
    Ayn Rand