Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Disaster Preparadness 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Guess who???

Thu Nov 1, 2012, 08:35 PM
    nadinbrzezinski

Disaster Preparadness

I have heard way too many excuses, so here is what we do.

We always try to have about six cans of tuna, I buy more when we get down to two... always cycle

Six cans translates to two lunches and two dinners if need be. And of course we always have chips at home.

We always have food bars, which again serve as a meal replacement... since that is what I have in my back pack for covering news stories... we buy them at the price club, a box of nuts (rich in protein) and fruit, and a box of larabar bars. These things we get more when they get close to four bars left.

Right there, we have enough food, nothing luxurious, to eat for three days if need be, and to share. The nuts... bars, also can feed the two parrots.

Now water, we have a case in the trunk, and four gallons upstairs. Again this is cycled.

I just listed to you all the water and food needed for two adults to make it through three days.

We also have a flashlight each in our shooting vests we use as reporters. (And I have one in my keychain)

We also have a solar charger for the phone, ipad and the rest of the electronics... in fact just got one that now lives in my take to fires and other stories backpack... I expect to share it with evacuees, serious.

There is a radio siting by my side. It is also capable of being hand cranked and charging devices

And these are as basic as supplies get.

But the food and the water, read that list. It is spartan as hell, not luxurious at all... but it is what you need.

We have more than just that, but I am pretty sure we will have to share with some of my elderly neighbors.
    Thank you nadin, I don't know what we'd do without you!!!!
    May the FORCE be with you!

Or you can not be retarded and get like 30 cans of pork and beans and eat for a few weeks

She could always eat her parrots too. That should give her at least another day.

Quote Originally Posted by Irish Mom View Post
    She could always eat her parrots too. That should give her at least another day.
    I was going to post that on DU but restrained myself...

Dummy "disaster preparedness list":

1. Duplicate EBT card placed in a secure location in case the original is lost.
    2. Maps given to the local family members to the nearest location that has free wi-fi so they can continue to bitch about their lives on DU.
    3. An extra stack of Obama/Biden bumper-stickers because buying duct tape supports the military industrial complex and you must show off your liberal pride while trying to fix something.
    4. Locations marked down on your map of all your conservative neighbors so that when the looting starts you can join in on the fun.
    5. Nearest hospital location in case your conservative neighbors have guns and don't like looters.
    6. A weeks worth supply of "George Bush paper-mache" effigies because something will need to be burned to keep you warm.
    7. An extra key to the lock that your parents have in case they try an prevent you from leaving the basement to loot THEIR supplies.
    8. Cheetos.

Power CUer
    We always try to have about six cans of tuna, I buy more when we get down to two... always cycle
    I live in Nadin's neck of the woods and am kicking myself for not having precisely 6 cans of tuna in case of fire or earthquake.

Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    I live in Nadin's neck of the woods and am kicking myself for not having precisely 6 cans of tuna in case of fire or earthquake.

No more, no less.

I know Nadin means well with all this, but my god she just needs to stop. She sounds so stupid.

Everything she just described would get a family of four through a day at the most. That is not preparedness. That is old mother hubbards cubbard.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    I know Nadin means well with all this, but my god she just needs to stop. She sounds so stupid.

Everything she just described would get a family of four through a day at the most. That is not preparedness. That is old mother hubbards cubbard.

You vill NOT question Das Nadin!!!! She is the expert on all!!! It is said Lord oBAMA consults with her!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    Six can's of tuna would last her for what... about an hour?

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis