Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    There are a lot more relevant things to argue about today.
    We have the biggest election coming up and they are bringing this shit up? WHO GIVES A FLYING #$%#?
    We're from Philadelphia, We Fight- Chip Kelly

Quote Originally Posted by Retread View Post
    Lincoln was a traitor to the nation. He freed no slaves. He did not end slavery. His war was over the yankee "businessmen" wanting to buy southern agrarian products for a mandated price less than they could get from Europe or those wanting guvmint giveaways like the auto bailouts of the little o.
    Revisionist much?
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    There are a lot more relevant things to argue about today.

I agree. Didn't mean to derail it. It seems that some get us off track.

Back to the predictions.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    We have the biggest election coming up and they are bringing this shit up? WHO GIVES A FLYING #$%#?
    Lessons of history... the civil war was a very instructive period. Also puts things in perspective. I've heard people say that this is "the most important election evar" but seriously, Lincoln vs Douglas was nation-defining. Although Lincoln really did crush Douglas in the EV. :)

Quote Originally Posted by m00 View Post
    Lessons of history... the civil war was a very instructive period. Also puts things in perspective. I've heard people say that this is "the most important election evar" but seriously, Lincoln vs Douglas was nation-defining. Although Lincoln really did crush Douglas in the EV. :)
    Well I think this nation going bankrupt is pretty important topic to vote on.
    We're from Philadelphia, We Fight- Chip Kelly

Yeah, yeah, you liberals hate Lincoln just like you hated Reagan. Face the facts, the Dem party is the racist party ... And liberals are baby killers ;)

I love my God, my country, my flag, and my troops ....
    _ WELFARE IS NOT AN ENTITLEMENT! _

Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    Well I think this nation going bankrupt is pretty important topic to vote on.
    Going Bankrupt? We've been bankrupt for at least a decade. We're just able to hide it because we print money, and we're the world's reserve currency.

Romney has an 8 year plan to balance the budget. Do you know how absurd this is? "Balancing the budget" should not take 8 years. Because it means we'll be running deficits for the next 8 years until the balancing occurs. We'll be 20 trillion in the hole. If you want to balance the budget, just return spending levels to 10 years ago. It's not like we were wallowing in poverty then. Hell, Clinton expanded Medicare AND balanced the budget. Romney is going to gut entitlements and take 8 years to balance the budget? Something doesn't add up.

If Obama wins the story will be about Chris Matthews' nipples.

Going Bankrupt? We've been bankrupt for at least a decade. We're just able to hide it because we print money, and we're the world's reserve currency.

Romney has an 8 year plan to balance the budget. Do you know how absurd this is? "Balancing the budget" should not take 8 years. Because it means we'll be running deficits for the next 8 years until the balancing occurs. We'll be 20 trillion in the hole. If you want to balance the budget, just return spending levels to 10 years ago. It's not like we were wallowing in poverty then. Hell, Clinton expanded Medicare AND balanced the budget. Romney is going to gut entitlements and take 8 years to balance the budget? Something doesn't add up.
    It could take less time, but saying 8 years of being realistic. Besides, obama said he would cut the deficit in half in three years, and he doubled it and didn't pass a budget yet ..

I love my God, my country, my flag, and my troops ....
    _ WELFARE IS NOT AN ENTITLEMENT! _

Just as the Fed should never have printed fiat dollars the government can't just suck dollars out of existence Doing so would cause the collapse of our economy. There is a reason Budgets are projected out over 2 , 3 , 10 yr periods.
    The 21st century. The age of Smart phones and Stupid people.

It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.