Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by LukeEDay View Post
    Jimmy Carter said the other day that he would be happy with Romney in the White House!
    Jimmy Carter is dimly aware of his own existence, he pees on runways like his brother only it's in his depends.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    Jimmy Carter smiles now at the thought that he's known as the second worst President we've ever had. Obama took the top spot away from him.

You're an idiot if you think otherwise.
    There have been far worse. LBJ, FDR, and Lincoln come to mind.

The are all the Godfathers of Big government. Carter doesn't hold a candle to Obama or the former big gov shills.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by Molon Labe View Post
    There have been far worse. LBJ, FDR, and Lincoln come to mind.

The are all the Godfathers of Big government. Carter doesn't hold a candle to Obama or the former big gov shills.
    Order of worse:

Most worse - FDR
    Right now it is tied for second between Carter and obama.

After tomorrow, I will move obama into the slot above Carter

Order of best:

Best - Reagan
    Second best - Lincoln ..

Anyone who doesn't like Lincoln is just upset because he abolished slavery, and you liberals are all for slavery. After all, you are the racist party ..

I love my God, my country, my flag, and my troops ....

Anyone who doesn't like Lincoln is just upset because he abolished slavery, and you liberals are all for slavery. After all, you are the racist party ..
    Lincoln was a traitor to the nation. He freed no slaves. He did not end slavery. His war was over the yankee "businessmen" wanting to buy southern agrarian products for a mandated price less than they could get from Europe or those wanting guvmint giveaways like the auto bailouts of the little o.
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    Live every day as if it were your last, because one of these days, it will be.

Order of worse:

Yeah...he was a regular MLK Jr.

He freed the slaves because it was Politically expedient.

If I could save the Union without freeing any slave I would do it, and if I could save it by freeing all the slaves I would do it; and if I could save it by freeing some and leaving others alone I would also do that. What I do about slavery, and the colored race, I do because I believe it helps to save the Union; and what I forbear - Honest Abe
    “I will say then that I am not, nor ever have been in favor of bringing about in anyway the social and political equality of the white and black races – that I am not nor ever have been in favor of making voters or jurors of negroes, nor of qualifying them to hold office, nor to intermarry with white people; and I will say in addition to this that there is a physical difference between the white and black races which I believe will forever forbid the two races living together - Honest Abe

Sorry to drop a big truth bomb on you, but anyone who thinks Lincoln was a great President probably likes the expansion of Federal power into all areas of you private lives. He was the first guy to think it was cool. And Lincoln's GOP was very different than the conservatism of today's GOP.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

Yeah...he was a regular MLK Jr.

He freed the slaves because it was Politically expedient.

Sorry to drop a big truth bomb on you, but anyone who thinks Lincoln was a great President probably likes the expansion of Federal power into all areas of you private lives. He was the first guy to think it was cool. And Lincoln's GOP was very different than the conservatism of today's GOP.
    Did they dig you up in a time capsule under Robert E. Lee's porch?
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.

Eh, Lincoln's motivations are a bit too complex to put in a soundbyte. The problem was skilled white labourers (specifically things like craftsmen) were having their products severely undercut by slave labour. Because those big plantations had some very skilled slave blacksmiths, carpenters, etc... who actually were afforded quite a large number of privileges to the point of being better off, better clothed, and better fed than white labourers they were competing with. It's similar to the situation we have now with China... China makes cheap goods because they don't have minimum wave, and they don't have things like safety laws... if you get your hand chopped off making garments or your lungs rot out from breathing toxic fumes, too bad for you. So at first the northern states (at the state legislature level) wanted to impose tariffs and so forth on southern goods, but the interstate commerce clause made this problematic. Therefore the only real way of fixing this situation was trying to ban slavery in the South, or at least minimize the impact. Another issue was individual states trading directly with foreign powers, because the South had a lot of commerce with Europe but a lot of the revenue went to Northern cities. So these sorts of conflicts played out in Congress. Eventually, the South was like "fine then, we'll just be our own country" but then the North (and the United States) would have really been screwed... so the North invaded. I do think we are much better off as a Nation all being under the same flag, and obviously... not having slavery...

So it was about Slavery but it wasn't like the North had any sort of mainstream ethical moral outrage. Just like people in the US don't care about the horrible conditions of your average Chinese factory worker, until they start putting Americans out of work.

On edit: there's a modern day version of this playing out all over the EU. You have countries talking about leaving the EU (basically bailing on the debt they owe Germany), and other countries like Poland and I think Romania flooding Europe with cheap labour.

Apologize for wall of text, but as I said it's not a soundbyte issue.
    Last edited by m00; 11-05-2012 at 07:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Did they dig you up in a time capsule under Robert E. Lee's porch?
    Yep.

You know who really cares about the Confederacy or Rebel Flags and crap. The truth is the truth.

I predict a stack of ballots will be discovered in King Tuts Tomb if the election becomes close and the 9th circuit court of appeals will decide they are admissible.

Yep.

You know who really cares about the Confederacy or Rebel Flags and crap. The truth is the truth.
    There are a lot more relevant things to argue about today.