Being a Democrat doesn't make you a liberal. I know quite a few democrats who hate liberals. A true Democrat won't be voting for obama this year.
As for Romney. He is not my first choice, but he is better than obama. This election is about a change and removing the worse disaster since Carter. Any vote that is not for Romney (ie; voting for Dr. Nuts, and some stupid green party candidate) is a vote for obama. So if you are going for one of them, you might as well vote for obama.
I love how it is a wasted vote because someone votes with their principles and not based on what letter is in parentheses next to the candidates name. Back to topic. I remember hearing about FR doing this. More power to them, it's their right. And they are correct. Romney is not a Conservative. Pushing for more regulation and more war is not Conservative in the slightest. Wanting to make things that you personally disagree with but cause harm to no one is not Conservative. But nobody on either side of the aisle will listen. Democrats aren't Liberal and Republicans aren't Conservative. The day either party is will be a good day for America.
1. Ron Paul is not a rational person
2. A 3rd party candidate never has a prayer in a national election
3. A "liberal" Republican in the White House is far better than a socialist-Marxist Democrat any day of the week and 20 times on Sunday.
4. Sometimes the best course of action is to swallow one's pride and vote for the person who at least has a modicum of understanding of our core principles than for a guy who not only has no chance of winning but voting for such a person is actually counter productive to getting a person out who is bar none the most dangerous man to ever hold the office of the president. In fact, voting for someone who has not a snowballs chance in Hades of winning actually increases the odds of the dangerous person already there getting to stay there.
5. Free Republic has never been confused with having the most rational thinkers in the world.
When you are calling the President of the United States a "socialist-Marxist," you really don't get much cred when choosing who is and isn't rational.
|« Previous Thread | Next Thread »|