1. #1 Reid says he can't work with Romney 
    Five days before the election, Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid has ruled out trying to work with Mitt Romney should he win next week.

"Mitt Romney's fantasy that Senate Democrats will work with him to pass his 'severely conservative' agenda is laughable," Mr. Reid said in a statement on Friday, trying to puncture Mr. Romney's closing election argument that he'll be able to deliver on the bipartisanship President Obama promised in 2008 but has struggled to live up to.

Mr. Reid, a Nevada Democrat and a Mormon, like Mr. Romney, has become the Republican presidential nominee's chief critic this campaign, at one point accusing him of failing to pay taxes — a charge that Mr. Romney has refuted.

With Democrats appearing poised to keep control of the Senate, a President Romney would have to be prepared to work with Mr. Reid, who would set the upper chamber's schedule and determine what bills make it to the floor.

Mr. Reid flatly ruled out following Mr. Romney's agenda, saying he and his colleagues have already voted down many of those proposals, including House Republicans' budget, written by Republican vice presidential nominee Rep. Paul Ryan.

Read more: Reid says he can't work with Romney - Washington Times http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/...#ixzz2B5mn2bhl
    Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter
    I don't often post political things to my facebook page, but this was certainly one of them. I'm sick and tired of hearing about how the Republicans can't reach across the aisle, when time and time again the proof has been laid out tht it's been the Dems who refuse to try to meet in the middle. For them it's all or nothing.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Reid is being presumptive. He should wait and see if he is in a position to work with Romney before he declares himself incapable. If he is demoted, his anticipated inabilities may be a moot point; he'll just have to do as he is told.

That would be nice.

Well, Harry, it sounds like you need a new line of work.
    Olde-style, states' rights conservative. Ask if this concept confuses you.

Harry is a miserable guy who needs to be retired from the senate. I hope that the Republicans turn the table on him in the senate and let him be the minority leader.

The Dems never intend to work with anyone. He's already announced it---proving what many of us have always thought.

Some lineup the dims have--Pelosi, Reid and Obama. No wonder the country is in such bad shape.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

GO CARDS

Quote Originally Posted by Starbuck View Post
    Reid is being presumptive. He should wait and see if he is in a position to work with Romney before he declares himself incapable. If he is demoted, his anticipated inabilities may be a moot point; he'll just have to do as he is told.

That would be nice.
    This idea that one person is all powerful in the senate and the house needs to change, something tells me that this was not the intention of the writers of the constitution.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Harry needs to be shown the door.
    May the FORCE be with you!

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    Harry needs to be shown the door.
    I was goin to say he needs to be given a boot out the door ...

but the only boot Reid is familiar with, is a boot on the neck of the American people.
    http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd445/JansGraphix/ConsUndergrd-Sig2.jpg
    Liberalism is just communism sold by the drink.

Power CUer
    Are we really surprised by this?

I wouldn't expect anything else quite frankly.