Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My grandpa cast my grandma's vote for her since 1998. He got mad at her for voting for Clinton the last time they actually went in and voted in person, so at that point, he decided they would vote absentee ballot from then on. She went to the nursing home around 2001, but he continued to cast her absentee ballot for the republican candidates every year until she died.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    My grandpa cast my grandma's vote for her since 1998. He got mad at her for voting for Clinton the last time they actually went in and voted in person, so at that point, he decided they would vote absentee ballot from then on. She went to the nursing home around 2001, but he continued to cast her absentee ballot for the republican candidates every year until she died.
    Looks like we all have family members of the opposing party. Good for your grandpa---for being a Republican and voting against Clinton.

I went to a family reunion 7 years ago. They were the side of the family I rarely saw as a kid. They were all saying how evil the Republicans are. I felt very uneasy with them. My dad and his side of the family were all Republicans. Although raised a Democrat, my mom came to agree with my dad and even was a Republican election judge. She never talked politics much, so I was surprised at how Democrat her family actually was----up to the present time.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

GO CARDS

Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    Looks like we all have family members of the opposing party. Good for your grandpa---for being a Republican and voting against Clinton.

I went to a family reunion 7 years ago. They were the side of the family I rarely saw as a kid. They were all saying how evil the Republicans are. I felt very uneasy with them. My dad and his side of the family were all Republicans. Although raised a Democrat, my mom came to agree with my dad and even was a Republican election judge. She never talked politics much, so I was surprised at how Democrat her family actually was----up to the present time.

Well, Grandma's big mistake in 1996 was to come out of the voting booth all defiant and tell Grandpa first thing "I voted for Clinton". He had been coaching her for days to vote for Dole, but she liked Clinton.