Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    You never can just admit something is plain and simply wrong, you always have to establish some sort of moral equivalence thus making your posts meaningless.
    I think I've said more than once that Maher is in the wrong. That he's a judgmental, elitist jackass.

I could actually see him meaning this as a joke, but it wasn't a funny one. I see him more as somebody who talks out his ass than as somebody who threatens. I can think of somebody/something else to compare that to (somebody you all love), but I wouldn't want to be accused of making excuses for him.

Besides, you know what people on your side constantly do? When it's pointed out that somebody on their side did something wrong, the comeback is "Well, your side did it." I guess the posts of most conservatives are meaningless.

Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    I'm so sick of libs complaining about Akins. He wasn't saying to rape women. He made a stupid remark about a woman's body shutting down if raped and possibly not conceiving. That's a whole lot different than how it's being spun. It's still stupid, but not even close to Maher threatening whites having blacks coming after them if they vote for Romney.

By the way, I had said months ago that Akin probably would win. I still think it's a distinctly good possibility.

I really miss being in a red state. Sigh.
    Want to switch places with me? Please? With a blue tie on top? Seriously, they're so conservative where I'm at, that they arrogantly assume that everybody else around them is conservative on a 24/7 basis. You'd like it.

If Akins and other Republicans want people to let the stupid comments they let go, then they need to stop saying them. THE END. Stop talking about legitimate rape, forcible rape, and other forms of rape like there's a difference. Rape is rape.

Maher's comment reminds me of Anne Coulter's stuff. She says that we should bomb Muslim countries and force them to become Christians. She says that women should not have the right to vote because they'll vote Democrat. People insist she's only telling a joke. She's joking about murdering people, but whatever. How is what Maher said any different? The guy is a comedian. He tells tasteless jokes all of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    Want to switch places with me? Please? With a blue tie on top? Seriously, they're so conservative where I'm at, that they arrogantly assume that everybody else around them is conservative on a 24/7 basis. You'd like it.

If Akins and other Republicans want people to let the stupid comments they let go, then they need to stop saying them. THE END. Stop talking about legitimate rape, forcible rape, and other forms of rape like there's a difference. Rape is rape.

Maher's comment reminds me of Anne Coulter's stuff. She says that we should bomb Muslim countries and force them to become Christians. She says that women should not have the right to vote because they'll vote Democrat. People insist she's only telling a joke. She's joking about murdering people, but whatever. How is what Maher said any different? The guy is a comedian. He tells tasteless jokes all of the time.
    Popcorn I like popcorn caramel corn , popcorn balls, buttered popcorn balls, corvettes are neat you ever drive a corvette? I need to go shopping la la la la la.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

So, it looks like Maher said this garbage on his show, Real Time.

In the same episode, he had Republicans join his discussion.

Two out of three people discussing here are Republicans. Do those two (especially the woman) look like they fear Maher? Does Maher look like he wants to kill them? No.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xG1sOvjetA8

So yes, what he said was tasteless and stupid. I really do wish the guy would shut up already. He not only makes us look bad, but he's made black people look bad twice now. But honestly, I don't think he meant is as more than a joke. And if he was conservative, you all would agree.

And if he was conservative, you all would agree.
    Sorry, No! Bad taste is bad taste and then there is maher.
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    Live every day as if it were your last, because one of these days, it will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Retread View Post
    Sorry, No! Bad taste is bad taste and then there is maher.
    Then, why do so many of you all support Anne Coulter, who has made jokes about murdering Muslims, John Edward's dead son, how women shouldn't vote, how we should put a traitor to death just to show "liberals" that they can be killed, etc?

While some of you are going to the polls on behalf of your Christian faith (and looking down on those who see the subject differently), do remember what Jesus said about hypocrisy.

At least I won't claim Bill Maher. Most of you all probably would claim Anne Coulter.

Then, why do so many of you all support Anne Coulter, who has made jokes about murdering Muslims, John Edward's dead son, how women shouldn't vote, how we should put a traitor to death just to show "liberals" that they can be killed, etc?

While some of you are going to the polls on behalf of your Christian faith (and looking down on those who see the subject differently), do remember what Jesus said about hypocrisy.

At least I won't claim Bill Maher. Most of you all probably would claim Anne Coulter.

Pie. I like pie. Apple chocolate pumpkin all kinds of pie.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

I think I've said more than once that Maher is in the wrong. That he's a judgmental, elitist jackass.

I could actually see him meaning this as a joke, but it wasn't a funny one.

Besides, you know what people on your side constantly do? When it's pointed out that somebody on their side did something wrong, the comeback is "Well, your side did it." I guess the posts of most conservatives are meaningless.
    Maher gave $1 million to Obama's campaign. Obama's major campaign theme has been that there is a war on women. Maher, aside from being a jackass, is a misogynist jackass who refers to Republican women in terms that are utterly despicable. Obama kept the money.

Maher also refers to the women that he is seen with in public as "arm candy", a derogatory slur that feminists should loathe, but for some reason, don't, when it comes from a liberal.

So, it looks like Maher said this garbage on his show, Real Time.

In the same episode, he had Republicans join his discussion.

Two out of three people discussing here are Republicans. Do those two (especially the woman) look like they fear Maher? Does Maher look like he wants to kill them? No.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xG1sOvjetA8

So yes, what he said was tasteless and stupid. I really do wish the guy would shut up already. He not only makes us look bad, but he's made black people look bad twice now. But honestly, I don't think he meant is as more than a joke. And if he was conservative, you all would agree.
    Given a choice, when they are grown and dating, I'd trust my daughters with Akin before I'd trust them with Maher. Akin wouldn't rape them, but he wouldn't treat them like disposable sex toys, either.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

He's like the Republicans who talk about rape. I wish he'd just shut up.
    Uh huh, and what is happening to those Republicans who talk about rape? Thought so. Now, what's going to happen to Mahr? Nothing. People like you are nothing short of hypocrites. Hell, leftism is hypocrisy at it's finest and you are the best hypocrite of them all you little tart.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post

Given a choice, when they are grown and dating, I'd trust my daughters with Akin before I'd trust them with Maher. Akin wouldn't rape them, but he wouldn't treat them like disposable sex toys, either.
    That would be a very safe choice. I personally know Akin. He is a very good man. I'm sick that he said something stupid that is being so misinterpreted by the libs.

Maher is a pig. There are pigs (no offense Rock) on both sides. It's pointless to keep saying that "our pig isn't as bad as your pig".

But Maher is one of the worst ones around, totally dispicable.

And to answer one of Lanie's previous posts, when she said that I'd personally be happy with only conservatives around, she's wrong. My patience with some of the utter stupidities uttered by some liberals is wearing thin, but I maintain friendships with people with varying political beliefs. I just shut up about politics (usually) when I'm around people who totally disagree with us, and talk about other subjects.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"