Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    Then, why do so many of you all support Anne Coulter, who has made jokes about murdering Muslims, John Edward's dead son, how women shouldn't vote, how we should put a traitor to death just to show "liberals" that they can be killed, etc?

While some of you are going to the polls on behalf of your Christian faith (and looking down on those who see the subject differently), do remember what Jesus said about hypocrisy.

At least I won't claim Bill Maher. Most of you all probably would claim Anne Coulter.
    Who?
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    Live every day as if it were your last, because one of these days, it will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    He's like the Republicans who talk about rape. I wish he'd just shut up.
    The Democratic party is not supporting Maher for public office.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    But they are taking his money and not suggesting that he cease and desist from his outrageous conduct. They are supporting Barack Obama, whose administration is up to its collective knees in the coverup in Benghazi.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    But they are taking his money and not suggesting that he cease and desist from his outrageous conduct. They are supporting Barack Obama, whose administration is up to its collective knees in the coverup in Benghazi.

Why should they? Does Romney return Donald Trump's money when he goes all birther? Or Rupert Murdoch's for saying that if Romney loses, they'll make Christie pay for not hating Obama more than he loves New Jersey?

There is way too much money in politics, these days, from good people and bad people. Maher didn't donate that million to the actual Obama campaign, he gave it to a super PAC. I'm not sure how much power the campaigns have over that type of thing.

Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    As for Maher...He's just another scared Liberal bigot playing up the "angry black man" stereo type to scare folks who might consider voting for Romney.
    Well, I think he's an opinionated liberal on a non-news (politically themed comedy) talk show that likes to say outrageous things (with a grain of truth in them) in order to get ratings. Since he doesn't pretend to be a journalist, I can't get too offended.

What's the grain of truth in this? If Romney wins, there probably will be race riots regardless of Maher.

You said:
    11-03-2012, 01:43 PM
    He's like the Republicans who talk about rape. I wish he'd just shut up.
    In resonse to a race baiting comment by a complete idiot. What has that to do with Republicans talking about rape?
    Do you suggest Republicans don't have a right to talk about rape or is that reserved for DImoRATs exclusively?

I see no moral equivalency here. Help me out.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

They're coming mighty damn close taking his money while they know who he is what what he says.

Reckon it would be OK if the GOP just blithely accepted a million-dollar donation from, say, Andrew Dice Clay?
    Olde-style, states' rights conservative. Ask if this concept confuses you.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Wood View Post
    They're coming mighty damn close taking his money while they know who he is what what he says.

Reckon it would be OK if the GOP just blithely accepted a million-dollar donation from, say, Andrew Dice Clay?

Sure. Is Dice a republican? I find that kind of hard to believe. His versions of nursery rhymes would not go over well at a Romney/Ryan campaign event.

Sure. Is Dice a republican? I find that kind of hard to believe. His versions of nursery rhymes would not go over well at a Romney/Ryan campaign event.
    Hickory Dickory Dock...
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

No, but he was a successful businessman that made a lot of money during his prime.