1. #1 Study: Minorities In Poor Neighborhoods Less Likely To Receive CPR, Survive 
    WASHINGTON (CBSDC) – Minorities who suffer heart attacks in poor neighborhoods are not nearly as likely to receive proper CPR compared to if they were to suffer from cardiac arrest in affluent white neighborhoods.

A recent study from a group of medical researchers found that blacks and Hispanics are about 30 percent less likely to be aided by CPR than white people, with the odds being the worst when it involves a black victim in a low-income black neighborhood. Comilla Sasson, the study’s lead author from the University of Colorado in Denver, found that socio-economic status actually makes more of a difference in a person surviving than a neighborhood’s racial makeup.

Of the 14,000 cardiac-arrest cases that were examined, the data discovered that those people in poor minority neighborhoods who did receive bystander CPR were twice as likely to survive.

The study, which was published on Oct. 25 in the New England Journal of Medicine, showed that little has changed in regard to the rate of people surviving heart attacks in non-hospital settings during the last 30 years. According to The Associated Press, more than 300,000 people suffer heart attacks in non-hospital settings each year, and most of those cases don’t survive.
    http://washington.cbslocal.com/2012/...e-cpr-survive/

Here is a thought, why don't the people in these neighborhoods get off their asses and take the free CPR classes that are offered so they can help each other. These studies imply that some how there is some sort of Prejudice causing people in these minority neighborhoods to die more frequently because the people do not know what to do for themselves. How about the self righteous SOB's that do these worthless studies go in and teach these people.
    We have an entire group of people that apparently have entirely forgotten how to take any responsibility for themselves, what is next, bathing them, feeding them wiping there noses, grow the fuck up and take care of yourselves dammit!
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

The Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) Program educates people about disaster preparedness for hazards that may impact their area and trains them in basic disaster response skills, such as fire safety, light search and rescue, team organization, and disaster medical operations. Using the training learned in the classroom and during exercises, CERT members can assist others in their neighborhood or workplace following an event when professional responders are not immediately available to help. CERT members also are encouraged to support emergency response agencies by taking a more active role in emergency preparedness projects in their community.
    CERT
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    Live every day as if it were your last, because one of these days, it will be.

I learned CPR 3 times in 3 different places as a teen.

1. Health Class in 9th grade
    2. Church
    3. Swimming classes, also in 9th grade.

I've had more recent training through work.

Are city schools in poor areas teaching these subjects? I'm pretty sure swimming isn't mandatory in Detroit like it was in Kentwood, because so many young people in Detroit don't know how to swim. With swimming class comes the associated lifeguarding lessons-the average kid doesn't learn the entire lifeguard skill requirements, but does learn a few basic things, like how to pull someone out of the pool, mouth to mouth and CPR.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    I learned CPR 3 times in 3 different places as a teen.

1. Health Class in 9th grade
    2. Church
    3. Swimming classes, also in 9th grade.

I've had more recent training through work.
    I get it every 2 years. Part of my training.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Fabulous Poster
    It was part of lifeguard certification when I was 15.

Fabulous Poster
    A recent study from a group of medical researchers found that blacks and Hispanics are about 30 percent less likely to be aided by CPR than white people, with the odds being the worst when it involves a black victim in a low-income black neighborhood. Comilla Sasson, the study’s lead author from the University of Colorado in Denver, found that socio-economic status actually makes more of a difference in a person surviving than a neighborhood’s racial makeup.

It's interesting that article starts with "affluent white" which it then commutes to "white people" . It declares that the operative value is socio economic, but makes no claims about non-hispanic white poor people relative to the claim of a problem saving blacks and hispanics.

It's bad work, and I certainly hope this isn't the kind of work the CDC is putting out these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post

It's interesting that article starts with "affluent white" which it then commutes to "white people" . It declares that the operative value is socio economic, but makes no claims about non-hispanic white poor people relative to the claim of a problem saving blacks and hispanics.

It's bad work, and I certainly hope this isn't the kind of work the CDC is putting out these days.

It's the anti-white movement that had been going on for some time now.

8. #8 Re: Study: Minorities In Poor Neighborhoods Less Likely To Receive CPR, Survive 
    Everytime you save a crackers life it takes away valuable CPR from a Brother.

Sent from my ADR6325 using Tapatalk 2
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg