Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Locked in a Dungeon, being tortured and LOVING IT!
    Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post

These guys are not a serious policy outlet, but simply George Soros' shills. They have no credibility, and deserve none.
    But they are loved by Obama, the military must make the sequester cuts, which Obama refused to stop, and Obama hates the military.

How much creds do you think Obama will give their suggestions when it comes to making these cuts?
    Rest In Peace America
    July 4, 1776 - January 20, 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    But they are loved by Obama, the military must make the sequester cuts, which Obama refused to stop, and Obama hates the military.

How much creds do you think Obama will give their suggestions when it comes to making these cuts?
    If he's reelected, I have no doubt that they will be the source of his policies. He doesn't know enough about governing to understand how shallow their analysis is.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    Soros, Clinton....more of the usual suspects.

Doesn't it make you sick how little variety there actually is?
    What makes me sick is people actually take them seriously.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If he's reelected, I have no doubt that they will be the source of his policies. He doesn't know enough about governing to understand how shallow their analysis is.

No...I think he knows..and he'll go along because he agrees with them.

He views the U.S. as the source of all evil in the world...and he sees the U.S. Military as the instrument used to force Americanism on the rest of the world.

So he's going to make sure that U.S. as a country gets taken down a notch or two and also that the military gets reduced to the equivalent of force of some third world hell hole.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Fabulous Poster
    This president or that think tank is hardly the entirety of those who say that cuts in military spending are inevitable and essential. It's not politically driven. They are easing you into it because it's going to happen according to the guys on conservative talk radio I was listening to on Hugh Hewitt the other night. His guess expert referred to military budget cuts as a matter of fact and got "well of course" as response.

And some think we should fight a war on Persia. Where have we heard that before?

It gets me how politicized this whole thing is. It seems like military budget/spending is driven by what Congressman has what military-related industries in what color state. I'm assuming if the military is like any other organization, there is a great deal of inefficiency/waste/redundancy/stupid policy that costs money. But as a Major, you can probably tell me if my thinking is right on this. :) But my opinion is also that people who think rank-and-file personnel costs (enlisted pay, benefits, etc) is a large part of that waste has an agenda. Headcount is never where the waste is, unless you have people that just shouldn't be there or who are pointless (which is generally in the management layer). And these are never the people who end up getting affected by salary/benefit cuts, anyway.

I would prefer if our politicians said "we're going to take pork out of the equation, and look at what we can do to improve efficiency." Maybe bring in some organizational experts. According to wikipedia we have 1.5 million active duty, and 800k reservists. But then I hear the media focusing on tens of thousands (such as the "surge") and it's like... if we have a 1.5 million active duty personnel and we're struggling with two 3rd world countries and fixated on 10k here and 20k there, then my instinct is that something is wrong.

Personally, instead of throwing more or less money at the problem (and at a Congressional level, this is a pork question), I'd be interested in analysing what exactly is wrong, and how can we fix it. But maybe the military already knows what is wrong, and nobody is listening.