1. #1 Seaside Heights: No power, no water...but Obama is sending military for their VOTE 
    A message board of disillusioned Democrats gives the real story of the Sandy "rescue":

http://www.oldelmtree.com/showthread.php?tid=24008

I finally spoke to my sister yesterday..I heard something in her voice I never heard before...I was trying to be softly upbeat with her..but her voice broke my heart ...that when I hung up..I cried like a baby..she sounded "broken" is the only word I can think of to describe how she sounded..she lives very close to SeaSide Heights.

Let me tell you this..the people there are not getting help..my sister made me very aware of this..she screamed..where is the help??

My sister has had no power since Monday afternoon..it's gotten cold..
    That means no computer..no TV..no heat..no refrig that works..spoiled food..and no way to cook it if they had it!

Yesterday my sisters great worry was her water pipes would freeze ..with no heat on.

I asked her if she had enough blankets..and she got angry( frustrated) and said it doesn't matter..everything is wet..

They have not seen the Red Cross..
    FEMA came through her street the first morning.,handing out papers telling them to sign up on their Internet web site..or twitter..my sister screamed at me asking.."how the fuck do I sign up for help with no fucking power??7"

They are now telling people the military will come to them to vote Tuesday..my sister said..they better watch themselves..the people where she is might rip their heads off..

No food, no heat she said..but they want their freaking vote!
    No FEMA..no Red Cross she said..but they will have military there for their vote!

Let me just add I just got ahold of my Brother in Atlantic Highlands NJ ..he is really angry..they still have no power either..and he is agry at Christie and Obama!! And he is cussing like crazy. Pissed as all get out!

He says..no food..no gas..no power..he has been charging his cell phone in car..and sitting in car for heat with his wife..and now almost out of gas in car and no where to get gas!

It's awful people..with no end in sight for the people in areas hard hit!

And they are NOT getting the help they need.

Just remember twitter and Facebook are not frequented by many people in their 50' s and 60's and 70's....and that is what people with no power are being told to go to for FEMA help!

What a fucking joke!

I just talked to my aunt..she is in mid 70s..she is in high school shelter...my cousin took a boat over to her house..house has major damage..but is standing..my cousin was stopped by authorities three times while crossing Barnegat Bay to her house..which is good that he was stopped..he was told Pirates are going to LBI at night robbing houses by boat! Homeowners are banned from going to our Island..,but pirates are going to island by boat..robbing us..and yet homeowners haven't even seen our homes since the island was evacuated.
    1-2days before the storm.

This is the very reason people are reluctant to evacuate. Particularly older folks.

So while Obama campaigns,..people Are starving..and cold..and without heat..without a way to feed their families..and many are still buried under debris in Staten Island!
    People are under water still..and many wont have power for at least another week.
    And another storm is on the way!

FEMA is doing nothing in their lives..

People are begging for food and water! And dry blankets!

http://www.oldelmtree.com/showthread...d=24008&page=2

At night it's an option..the problem is..they are out off food..the food they had they ate what they could..the rest spoiled..it was warm most of the week..now it is getting cold at night...but no grocery gores are open...the grocery stores had all perishables spoil! No food is being brought in yet..because there is No Power!
    That means no grocery stores are getting delivery...because they have no power!

They lost power last Monday afternoon..there is no food to buy.

No stores open..nothing open.the food they all had has run out or spoiled.

They had no gas to cook ..my sister prepared..she had non perishable food..but it has run out or what is left is just about gone..this is the 6th day..
    And everyone around her is in the same situation!
    Some worse that didn't prepare as well..

There is nothing open to shop at!

And food has not been brought in.

Many have no cars now..they have been flooded..or have had trees come on on them..those that do have cars..can't get gas!

At night everything is pitch dark..now looters have begun coming in..

You don't want to hear the real language my sister and niece and brother have about Obama and his freaking campaigning..while they can't get basic human needs!

It's the National Guard who is doing it. Obama has no authority to do that.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Meanwhile in Queens.....

Queens residents arm themselves in the post-storm blackout from looters

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...#ixzz2BJ8HZJcp

Residents feel isolated and some use guns, baseball bats, booby traps — even a bow and arrow — to defend themselves.

When night falls in the Rockaways, the hoods come out.

Ever since Sandy strafed the Queens peninsula and tore up the boardwalk, it’s become an often lawless place where cops are even scarcer than electrical power and food. Locals say they are arming themselves with guns, baseball bats, booby traps — even a bow and arrow — to defend against looters.

Thugs have been masquerading as Long Island Power Authority (LIPA) workers, knocking on doors in the dead of night. But locals say the real workers have been nowhere in sight, causing at least one elected official — who fears a descent into anarchy if help doesn’t arrive soon — to call for the city to investigate the utility.

Further exacerbating desperate conditions, it could take at least a month to repair the the bridge that connects the Rockaways to the city subway system, officials said.

“We booby-trapped our door and keep a baseball bat beside our bed,” said Danielle Harris, 34, rummaging through donated supplies as children rode scooters along half-block chunk of the boardwalk that had marooned into the middle of Beach 91st St.

“We heard gunshots for three nights in a row,” said Harris, who believed they came from the nearby housing projects.

Carly Ruggieri, 27, who lives in water-damaged house on the block, said she barricades her door with a bed frame. “There have been people in power department uniforms knocking on doors and asking if they’re okay, but at midnight.”

And another local surfer said he has knives, a machete and a bow and arrow on the ready. Gunshots and slow-rolling cars have become a common fixture of the night since Hurricane Sandy.

“I would take a looter with a boa. If I felt threatened I would definitely use it,” said Keone Singlehurst, 42. “Its like the Wild West. A borderline lawless situation.”

City Councilman James Sanders (D-Far Rockaway) said he fears the situation will devolve into anarchy.

“We have an explosive mix here,” said Sanders. “People will take matters into their own hands.”

Walter Meyer, 37, lives in Park Slope but often surfs in the Rockaways. He said it’s not the place it was before the storm.

"After sunset everyone locks their doors,” said Meyer, as he loaded up a solar panel from a factory in the Brooklyn Navy Yard to bring to local residents. "They're trying to find whatever weapons they can find. Some people are even using bows and arrows."

“If you are heeding into the Rockaway beach to assist, there is a request for firearms, hot food, and cold beer. These next 24 hours are critical for these folks, the government has really let them down,” Meyer posted on Facebook Thursday.

Over at the Rockaway Beach Surf Club on Beach 87th St, volunteers cleaned up the storm debris and collected donated food and water for the survivors.

“We’re just trying to clean everything so we can get supplies to people who need them,” said Bradach Walsh, 39, who is a city firefighter who founded the Surf Club. “All our friends’ houses and cars are destroyed.”

Further east in the Rockaways, hunger stalked the community as angry residents lined up for food deliveries and complained they were being abandoned.

Good Samaritans had set up makeshift food throughout the peninsula Friday, grilling food and passing out water, while the Red Cross and FEMA was nowhere in sight.

“We having nothing,” said Ann Manning, at an Edgemere playground where State Sen. Malcolm Smith had arranged to distribute thousands of lunch boxes from a company that supplies airports.

“We have nothing. They’re hungry,” said Manning.

Grocery stores on the Peninsula are closed and some have been looted.

“We can’t exist,” said Manning. “We can’t buy milk. We can’t buy cereal. We can’t buy nothing.”

Shaheem Bush, 23, said there’s several hungry mouths in his darkened apartment in Far Rockaway.

“It’s cold in the house, no lights on,” he said. “Everything’s closed because people were stealing from stores. There’s no food. People are cooking on top of garbage cans."

LIPA which supplies power to the entire peninsula, inspected the area Thursday.

“LIPA should be brought up on charges,” said Sanders, a Democrat, slamming the utility for taking so long to assess the damage at one of the most hurricane-ravaged areas of the city.

“LIPA has failed the people of the Rockaways,” he said. “It’s a question of class ... serving the richer areas of Long Island and ignoring the Rockaways.”

Sanders said he has been calling LIPA’s office four times a day with no response. He wants City Council to investigate them.

Meanwhile, he said, crooks are taking advantage of the chaos.

“There’s been sporadic looting and a couple push-in robberies,” he said. “No one is directing traffic. After night, you drive at your own risk.”

Out on Breezy Point, the air still reeked of gas, smoke and rot. And an invasion of insurance adjusters, some of whom came from as far away as Texas, was underway.

Pat Doyle, a 60-year-old court officer from Mineola, L.I., whose summer home in Breezy Point was flooded, said his family also owns another house nearby which burned down.

“A lot of people don’t have flood insurance,” he said. “It’s too high.”

Still, said Doyle, it could have been worse.

“We’re all pitching in and doing what we can do for each other,” he said. “That’s the kind of neighborhood we are down here. The neighbors will be chipping in good sums of money, labor and food. Whatever it takes.”

Making matters worse, the A Train crossing over Jamaica Bay, south of the Howard Beach station, was decimated, officials said.

The MTA took all trains off the Rockaway peninsula prior to the storm to prevent damage to the equipment. The MTA now can't even run the Rockaway shuttle on the peninsula because there are no trains, one official said. There is also no shuttle bus service.

"You have half a million people disconnected from the city," said Meyer.

"Rockaways always gets left over,” he said. "It's treated like a marginalized land in the city."

My sister has had no power since Monday afternoon..it's gotten cold..
    Oh cry me a river. I hate to sound insensitive but this past June/July we lost power down here in South Jersey, some for up to 2 weeks or more, in 90+ degree heat and no one gave a shit. Yeah I had a generator but few gas stations had power(sound familiar?) but my generator meant nothing because I have central air and the generator can't power the central air. Anyhoo, rant over. Wife and I donated a bunch of stuff today to help but personally I'm getting tired of listening to people whine about something they should have been prepared for.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Oh cry me a river. I hate to sound insensitive but this past June/July we lost power down here in South Jersey, some for up to 2 weeks or more, in 90+ degree heat and no one gave a shit. Yeah I had a generator but few gas stations had power(sound familiar?) but my generator meant nothing because I have central air and the generator can't power the central air. Anyhoo, rant over. Wife and I donated a bunch of stuff today to help but personally I'm getting tired of listening to people whine about something they should have been prepared for.

I'm liking Christie in all this. He told everyone to get out before the storm. The devastation is so total in areas, there's not going to be electric and gas service for a while.

They could use the voting process as a kind of triage, though, to get people who are freezing and hungry from the polls to a shelter, so that they can keep warm and get some food before they go back to deal with the clean up.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    I'm liking Christie in all this. He told everyone to get out before the storm. The devastation is so total in areas, there's not going to be electric and gas service for a while.
    Every Governor who has a state facing a huricane or some other kind of disasterous storm/event does that.

Gov. Christie isn't anything special for doing what he's supposed to do.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.