Thread: November surprise: EPA planning major post-election anti-coal regulation

1. #1 November surprise: EPA planning major post-election anti-coal regulation 
    President Obama’s Environmental Protection Agency has devoted an unprecedented number of bureaucrats to finalizing new anti-coal regulations that are set to be released at the end of November, according to a source inside the EPA.

More than 50 EPA staff are now crashing to finish greenhouse gas emission standards that would essentially ban all construction of new coal-fired power plants. Never before have so many EPA resources been devoted to a single regulation. The independent and non-partisan Manhattan Institute estimates that the EPA’s greenhouse gas coal regulation will cost the U.S. economy $700 billion.

The rush is a major sign of panic by environmentalists inside the Obama administration. If Obama wins, the EPA would have another four full years to implement their anti-fossil fuel agenda. But if Romney wins, regulators will have a very narrow window to enact a select few costly regulations that would then be very hard for a President Romney to undo.

Environmentalists at the EPA pulled this trick before in 2000 when the Clinton administration rushed out a finding that Mercury emissions from power plants were a growing public health threat pursuant to the Clean Air Act. That finding did not regulate power plants itself, but it did force the Bush administration to begin a lengthy regulatory process. The Obama EPA has estimated that this regulation alone will cost the U.S. economy $10.9 billion a year.

http://washingtonexaminer.com/novemb...8#.UJbkMoW1-AI
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Good thing that we didn't invest in Peabody Coal or Patriot Coal on the advice of our broker (pre Obama). Patriot Coal has filed for bankruptcy and Peabody Coal's , a formerly excellent company, stock has tanked. I was thinking it might have been a good investment, an outright gamble, to get this stock right before the election anticipating a Romney win.

But it looks like those lovely EPA people are determined to take the industry down, no matter who wins the election. God, I wish Obama and crew would just leave the scene, never to be heard from again.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    Good thing that we didn't invest in Peabody Coal or Patriot Coal on the advice of our broker (pre Obama). Patriot Coal has filed for bankruptcy and Peabody Coal's , a formerly excellent company, stock has tanked. I was thinking it might have been a good investment, an outright gamble, to get this stock right before the election anticipating a Romney win.
    Well I think we've finally found an Obama campaign promise he actually came through on.

“So if somebody wants to build a coal plant, they can – it’s just that it will bankrupt them.“
    This is one promise I wish he hadn't kept. And I bet all the now unemployed coal miners feel the same way.

But it looks like those lovely EPA people are determined to take the industry down, no matter who wins the election. God, I wish Obama and crew would just leave the scene, never to be heard from again.
    There is a reason why firms like Landmark Legal are trying to get a look at what legislation the EPA is purposely holding back until after the election tomorrow.

One of their draconian edicts is said to involve fracking...and how to shut down it's use.
    Last edited by txradioguy; 11-05-2012 at 02:24 PM.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Tomarrow America will say Now !!!

Last edited by Zeus; 11-05-2012 at 06:32 PM.
    The 21st century. The age of Smart phones and Stupid people.

It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    ............One of their draconian edicts is said to involve fracking...and how to shut down it's use......
    I'm reading T Boone Picken's book, "The First Billion is The Hardest". He says that fracking was invented in 1947 - he did his first in 1953. The President has said it was invented by the Department of Energy about 30 years ago.
    Pickens also point out that over 10,000 fracking wells have been drilled over the Ogallala aquifer, which goes from Texas to South Dakota.

But I'm sure you're right. If it's good for the USA, the Democrats will fight it tooth and nail.

January surprise: President Romney closes down EPA.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

The irony of course is how liberals are so quick to say they care about the poor and needy when their polciies sare the ones taht actually cause the poor or suffer MORE, we can't have cheap fuel so that someone barely scrapping by can stay warm.