10:00p
    PST
    9:00p
    AKST
    8:00p
    AleutST
    8:00p
    HIST

Just for everyone's convenience, I've bolded the swing states.
    Last edited by Odysseus; 11-05-2012 at 01:51 PM.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Of course if this is inconvenient for any minorities or Democrat special interest groups I'm sure we can change it at the last minute.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Most of Michigan is done at 8 pm EST. There's a corner of the UP that is in the central time zone, so our official time is 9 pm EST.

I'll go to bed when Ohio is called, unless it's called early. I have Bible study tomorrow night until 9, so it could all be over by the time I leave.

My shift ends at 1030 at night CST. So I'll be stuck here watching it all go down. I wonder if there will be a cheer/moan in the AOC once a winner is declared?
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Fabulous Poster
    If Oregon holds things up again this year, they should be punished severely. I am tired of that kind of BS.

How come some states can have most or all of their stuff in by an hour after closing, but there are always these slow pokes we have to tolerate?

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    If Oregon holds things up again this year, they should be punished severely. I am tired of that kind of BS.

How come some states can have most or all of their stuff in by an hour after closing, but there are always these slow pokes we have to tolerate?
    Ya just can't trust those blue states.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post

If I remember correctly, this is because Oregon doesn't actually have polls on election day, all of their voting is done by mail-in ballots, that can't be counted by machine (quickly).......happens every election.

doc

Quote Originally Posted by TVDOC View Post
    If I remember correctly, this is because Oregon doesn't actually have polls on election day, all of their voting is done by mail-in ballots, that can't be counted by machine (quickly).......happens every election.

doc
    I know WA used to do that and still may but the fruits and nuts up there are so predictable that no one will pay that much attention anyway.
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    Live every day as if it were your last, because one of these days, it will be.

Power CUer
    I hope you don't mind, but I am going to piggy back on this thread with something from the LA Times.

Election 2012: What to watch for as the polls close

All times are Pacific Standard Time. Add three hours if you're back East, two if central, one if mountain. Also, it's written by a left coast paper, so there's some bias, but the info is good.

....4 p.m. Virginia is the state to watch. A loss here would be a huge blow for Republican nominee Mitt Romney, who is counting on the state's 13 electoral votes as part of his path to the 270 it takes to win the White House. He needs to run up big margins in Hanover County (the Richmond suburbs), Campbell County (home to many religious conservatives) and the rural parts of the state.

President Obama's base is Richmond, with its large black population, and he needs to win big in the Washington suburbs of Arlington and Fairfax County. If either candidate underperforms in those areas, he's in trouble.

4:30 p.m. Polls close in three states, including Ohio and North Carolina. An Obama win in North Carolina could mean he would be headed for an electoral college blowout. But the state to watch is Ohio, which has emerged as the keystone of the campaign.

No Republican has ever won the White House without Ohio, and Romney desperately needs its 18 electoral votes, unless he can pull off a huge upset in Pennsylvania. Obama should run up big numbers in Cuyahoga County (Cleveland), and Romney will likely win big in the suburbs outside Cincinnati and parts of rural Ohio. The place to watch is central Ohio, centered around the Columbus media market. If Obama wins there, he will probably win the state and, quite possibly, the White House along with it.

5 p.m. The polls close in 16 states and the District of Columbia. Two of them are battlegrounds, Florida and New Hampshire. Florida, as most remember, was the decider after six tortuous weeks in 2000, and it remains preeminent among swing states. It has by far the biggest cache of electoral votes -- 29 -- among this year's battleground states.

Simply put, if Romney loses Florida, it's virtually impossible to see how he wins the White House. He needs a big vote in Escambia County in the state's conservative “Redneck Riviera” (it's a military stronghold as well) and Collier County, home to Naples and a large population of Midwestern retirees. The president needs a big vote in southeastern Florida, especially Miami-Dade, Broward and Palm Beach counties. As always, the fight will likely come down to the nine counties along the Interstate 4 corridor between Orlando and Tampa, including Orange, Polk, Hillsborough, Pasco and Pinellas counties

In New Hampshire, Romney needs to win big in the two largest counties, Hillsborough (which includes Manchester and surrounding communities, and Nashua) and Rockingham. Both counties border Massachusetts, and voters there are quite familiar with Romney from his years as the Bay State’s governor. Obama needs a strong showing in the city of Manchester, which traditionally leans Democratic, to pick up the state's four electoral votes.

6 p.m. Polls close in 14 states, including Wisconsin and Colorado. No Republican has won Wisconsin since 1984, and a victory here for Romney and his running mate, Rep. Paul D. Ryan of Janesville, would give them 10 electoral votes and signal trouble for Obama.

The president should win by substantial margins in Dane County, home to the University of Wisconsin, as well as the city of Milwaukee. Romney's strength is the Milwaukee suburbs. The key will be the northern part of the state. If Romney is up by 10 or more points in the Fox Valley, which includes Oshkosh and Appleton, that's good for the Republicans. If Obama can hold down Romney's margin, he should carry the state.

In Colorado, Romney should run strongly in the counties of Weld (Greeley), Mesa (Grand Junction), El Paso (Colorado Springs, home of the Christian organization Focus on the Family) and Douglas. (The latter is midway between Colorado Springs and Denver.) Obama is expected to run up big vote totals in Denver, Pueblo (which has a sizable Latino population) and Boulder, home to the University of Colorado and its large student and liberal populations.

The race will likely come down to Jefferson County, a Denver suburb with large numbers of independent and fiscally conservative, socially moderate voters.

7 p.m. Polls close in four states, including Nevada — a one-time battleground that seems to have settled in Obama's column — and Iowa, the last of the true tossups.

Western Iowa, especially the area around Sioux City, is the conservative heartland, and Romney should clean up. For Obama, the challenge is running up the numbers in and around Des Moines. the area around the University of Iowa in Iowa City, and Cedar Rapids, Davenport, Waterloo and Dubuque. The winner gets Iowa's six electoral votes, which could be crucial if the results in the electoral college are tight....

Power CUer
    Exit polls re: Drudge:

EXIT POLLS: RACE TIGHT
    R: NC, FL
    O: OH, NH, PA, MI, NV
    TOSS UP: VA, CO, IA