Thread: Emergency Room

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Emergency Room 
    EMERGENCY ROOM....

The other day, I needed to go to the emergency room.

Not wanting to sit there for 4 hours, I put on my old Marine fatigues and stuck a patch that I had downloaded off the Internet onto the front of my shirt.

When I went into the E.R., I noticed that 3/4 of the people got up and left. I gues s they decided that they weren't that sick after all.Cut at least 3 hours off my waiting time.

Here's the patch. Feel free to use it the next time you're in need of quicker emergency service.

Sorry, wasn't able to post the patch. Received this as an email from a co-worker.

The patch says

BORDER PATROL

Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    EMERGENCY ROOM....

The other day, I needed to go to the emergency room.

Not wanting to sit there for 4 hours, I put on my old Marine fatigues and stuck a patch that I had downloaded off the Internet onto the front of my shirt.

When I went into the E.R., I noticed that 3/4 of the people got up and left. I gues s they decided that they weren't that sick after all.Cut at least 3 hours off my waiting time.

Here's the patch. Feel free to use it the next time you're in need of quicker emergency service.

BORDER PATROL

Looks fine on my end ,You been huffin the pergo mastic aint ya :p
    The 21st century. The age of Smart phones and Stupid people.

It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Looks fine on my end ,You been huffin the pergo mastic aint ya :p
    Maybe it's the gas can out in the garage that must be leaking. SR opened the garage door when he got home from work. :D

Banned
    I guess I'm very unclear on what's being discussed here. On the surface, it appears that the OP is suggesting that it's appropriate to pretend to be something one is not, in this case a border patrol officer who, in this time of xenophobia, is prized for his/her role in protecting our society, in order to gain preferential treatment in a medical facility. That is preferential over people who have been there longer and may (or may not) be more in need of treatment.

Since I doubt that this is the poster's intent, I must be missing something. Can anyone enlighten me?

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Warrior View Post
    I guess I'm very unclear on what's being discussed here. On the surface, it appears that the OP is suggesting that it's appropriate to pretend to be something one is not, in this case a border patrol officer who, in this time of xenophobia, is prized for his/her role in protecting our society, in order to gain preferential treatment in a medical facility. That is preferential over people who have been there longer and may (or may not) be more in need of treatment.

Since I doubt that this is the poster's intent, I must be missing something. Can anyone enlighten me?
    It's a joke Kenneth :p

It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

Banned
    It's a joke Kenneth :p
    Ah, I see (I think). However, since you see it much more clear than I, could you explain the humor to me?

Ah, I see (I think). However, since you see it much more clear than I, could you explain the humor to me?
    If it must be explained to you, then guess you just will never understand. Go enjoy your adult beverage sipped out of your Waterford crystal. It was just one of those unsophisticated jokes that I'm sure the EU wannabes wouldn't comprehend.

Hey SLW Been Huffin paint & thought it was funny. Cut her some slack ok ;)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    If it must be explained to you, then guess you just will never understand. Go enjoy your adult beverage sipped out of your Waterford crystal. It was just one of those unsophisticated jokes that I'm sure the EU wannabes wouldn't comprehend.
    Again, despite your resorts to insults, and the implicit threat that everyone on this board can recognize, I don't see the joke.

Banned
    Hey SLW Been Huffin paint & thought it was funny. Cut her some slack ok ;)
    I have no clue (really) as to what that means.