View Poll Results: Should there be a forum for civil war fanatics to vent on?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

3 30.00%
  • No

3 30.00%
  • or stop beating a dead horse i.e. the civil war.

4 40.00%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by LukeEDay View Post
    That is 'A' software engineer. Since you mention it, I am quite versed in computer functionality. What does that have to do with the cost of pork in Iran?

Note: I am a day trader who used to be a compute repair man ... ;)
    I love it when people correct spelling and grammer, and then have errors of their own.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

That is 'A' software engineer.
    I originally wrote "an engineer" and then made a change.

Since you mention it, I am quite versed in computer functionality. What does that have to do with the cost of pork in Iran?
    Well, you just made an illogical statement. But if you are a day trader, I guess you thrive on illogic.

Quote Originally Posted by m00 View Post
    I originally wrote "an engineer" and then made a change.

Well, you just made an illogical statement. But if you are a day trader, I guess you thrive on illogic.
    Na, liberals thrive on illogics. That is their whole thought process. None of it is based on common sense; or reality.

I do something liberals also don't do. That is I research and 'Check Facts' before making any decision, whether it comes to politics or trading. When it comes to trading you can't just buy what looks good. You will lose your shirt. It is the same with politics. People bought obama without researching and because he looked good. It came back and kicked them in the butt.

There is a lot of buyers remorse with obama. Hey, that is another trading term ;)

I love my God, my country, my flag, and my troops ....

Somehow I need to get all sides pissed here?

The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Somehow I need to get all sides pissed here?

Ya know the odd thing? Watching Gomez stand there looking at the stock ticker coming out of his feeder while smoking a cigar is one of the things that made me get interested in stocks and Wall Street.

Na, liberals thrive on illogics. That is their whole thought process. None of it is based on common sense; or reality.

I do something liberals also don't do. That is I research and 'Check Facts' before making any decision, whether it comes to politics or trading.
    There are liberals that fact check too, but you won't find them on DU. Or on the 24 hour news cycle. Problem I see is that the world is so complex that when you and I talk about a 'fact' we really just mean the tip of a convoluted iceberg. Because nothing exists in a vacuum. Unfortunately we live in a world of gladiator-combat-by-soundbytes.

It's like... liberalism and conservatism -- these terms mean different things to different people. If someone is intellectually honest (and most people aren't), these terms aren't good or bad. They can't be, because there is no 'fact' of a definition. They mean what a given speaker wants them to mean. Look at Classical Liberalism. From wikipedia --"Classical liberalism is a political ideology, a branch of liberalism which advocates civil liberties and political freedom with limited government under the rule of law and emphasizes economic freedom" Either definitions change, or nothing means anything.

By that definition, would you consider yourself a classical liberal?

Ya know the odd thing? Watching Gomez stand there looking at the stock ticker coming out of his feeder while smoking a cigar is one of the things that made me get interested in stocks and Wall Street.
    It still cracks me up when he would pull a cigar from the cigar store indian and it was already lit. I saw Roger Rees play Gomez on Broadway and his performance didn't hold a candle to John Astin.

That said, y'all lost the war. Get over it.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Correction. The ones who said that their opinions will not change and they hate Lincoln are liberals .. ;)
    And stupid is as stupid does.
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    Live every day as if it were your last, because one of these days, it will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Retread View Post
    And stupid is as stupid does.
    Exactly ...