Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 Get out and vote!!! 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Don't make me bring out the new and improved Super Death Star!!!

Vote!!! That is all.
    May the FORCE be with you!

Power CUer
    Ok, Ok....

I was going to do my hair tomorrow, but ok, I'll go vote dammit.

3. #3 Re: Get out and vote!!! 
    Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Yes boss! :D

I always vote on the day of the election. Kinda like waiting until Christmas to open presents.
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    Don't make me bring out the new and improved Super Death Star!!!
    Is that the the new one that's powered by Tinkerbell's fairy dust?

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    Vote!!! That is all.
    Already done 3 weeks ago.
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

Power CUer
    4200 people in our precinct, and it seemed like every single one of us showed up at 6.30 AM. Took about 45 minutes to get through the line, but it's done! :)
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by ralph wiggum View Post
    Yes boss! :D

I always vote on the day of the election. Kinda like waiting until Christmas to open presents.
    As do I! First, it feels more patriotic for some reason and secondly, no lines at my voting place.

Just got back and now crossing my fingers that we will have a better outcome for our country.

Obama is awaiting the results in CHICAGO. Even he is ready to go back home.

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    4200 people in our precinct, and it seemed like every single one of us showed up at 6.30 AM. Took about 45 minutes to get through the line, but it's done! :)
    That's what I was being told by the people at my place, there was mad rush at 7am.

I dropped my daughter off at school at 8:15am, got a Dunkin donuts coffee and pumpkin muffin(which is delicious, btw) and then drove to my polling place which is the elementary school directly across from my community. I had a 30 second wait. I had already read the proposed amendments beforehand from my friend who brought in his absentee ballot into work, so I was done in 10 minutes.

FOX just showed a black panther opening doors for people at a PA polling place. Luckily he is now being watched.

Done. Actually had to wait in line for a bit. That is unusual for our small western PA precinct.
    We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it....

Quote Originally Posted by Cicero View Post
    Done. Actually had to wait in line for a bit. That is unusual for our small western PA precinct.
    Same here......we were at the polls at shortly after 8 AM, and in our surburban/rural precinct, there was a line out the door.......we had to wait about 30 minutes......in the ten years we've lived here this is the largest turn-out that the election workers have seen this early in the day......our precinct is predominately Republican, so this is a good sign, for what it's worth. There was never much doubt that MO was going for Romney, but I just hope that his "coattails" are long enough to bring Akin in, as of last night the Senate race here was too close to call, the last poll show just .2% (two-tenths of one percent) spread between Claire and Todd.

It was our goal to contribute to tossing another black family out of public housing......

doc