Thread: Wonky Wednesday

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Wonky Wednesday 
    We continue to have very nice early fall weather so I'm enjoying it while I can. The Leaf People have begun their annual invasion into my house (aided and abetted by the dogs).

TOTD: Lately there have been several articles and studies about marital sleeping arrangements. The studies show that people sleep better when they sleep apart (all other things being equal). New upscale house are now incorporating double master suites to accommodate this trend.

Assuming that everything is peachy in your relationship and that you would not be on the receiving end of narrowed eyes or pouting, would you prefer to sleep (just sleep) apart from your spouse or not? Twin beds in one room? Separate houses? Or do you prefer the traditional arrangement.

Goldwater
    It's amazing I don't do day threads anymore, food tastes better, my children (that I don't have) look healthier, my car drives faster and I can beat Phelps in the water.

Life is good.

Power CUer
    It's autumnal here today, too. I'm working at home today, and first I took a brisk two-mile walk when it was in the mid-fifties outside. I have the windows open, and it's wonderful to air out the house. I'm so happy with the change in weather, I'm slow-cooking a brisket for tonight with merlot, tomatoes, and prunes, on a bed of potatoes and onions.

TOTD: A king bed is fine for us. I like having him snorfling quietly next to me at night. If he breathes a little too loudly, I just push him and he rolls over. It's cozy, and I can just reach out and give him a little pat (or punch) as needed during the night.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Windy and looking more autumnal here, too. Well, as autumnal as Florida can get...but we are having some cooler, drier weather coming through and we should expect lows in the upper-60's for the next few days. Woo-hoo!

TOTD: I think married people who sleep apart are weird. Unless one or the other snores so loudly the other can't sleep. Then, okay. And Shannon kicks me in her sleep quite a lot...but I can take it!
    "The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." H.P. Lovecraft in Supernatural Horror in Literature

This is the week that we cover the pool.:(

It is definitely fall - seems so early for Louisiana. I may cook a pot roast today.

TOTD: all alone am i.......:D

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkScribe View Post
    And Shannon kicks me in her sleep quite a lot...but I can take it!
    I understand you have to tell yourself that she's asleep. :o
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkScribe View Post
    TOTD: I think married people who sleep apart are weird.
    Ditto. .............

It's so funny that you brought this topic up, Ginger. My friend and I were laughing about this last week. It has been discovered that, where I work, there are 3 ladies who all proudly admit to sleeping in separate beds from their spouses.

In one case, she and her husband also have separate checking and saving accounts. We said if they are doing that, they aren't married, they're roommates!

I don't think snoring is a good excuse either. Growing up, I could hear my dad snoring through the wall. How my mom managed to sleep through that laying right beside him, I'll never know. She must truly love him.

So, yeah, it's just weird and not normal, IMO.

Resident Unliked Meanie Shannon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    I understand you have to tell yourself that she's asleep. :o
    Shhhh.:D:D
    Loyalty Binds Me- Motto of Richard III

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    It's in the mid 80's here and very nice!

I thought I might have trouble sleeping with someone after I got
    married but nope, it's just fine and I wouldn't change it.
    :D
    May the FORCE be with you!