Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2028293031 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by m00 View Post
    Another? when's the last time the Republican Party nominated one? Reagan? :p

America will survive 4 years of Obama. Obamacare is an awful idea, and people won't stand for it. As soon as college age kids start getting fined by the IRS for not having insurance, there will be a Republican sweep and it will go the way of Prohibition and people will read about it in the history books as another failed experiment. Hopefully the idiots who run the RNC will be gone in 4 years.

Consider this... Reagan did more to work with Democrats and make them feel a part of the conversation than Romney has done with Republicans from any wing of the party other than the "Rockefeller Republican" wing. Romney (and the RNC leadership) failed to build a conservative coalition. When you think about the composition of the Republican party... it's pretty diverse. You have neo-cons, libertarian wing, evangelicals, tea-party, and so forth. Republican leadership said "Screw you guys, you have to vote Republican. We don't have to listen to you. What, you want Obama to win?" This isn't an appealing message to people... it's insulting.

The RNC leadership made a gamble. That Obama was so bad in his first term they could completely write off not just Democrats and swing voters, but other Republicans. I followed the primaries. What most people do when they knock out a big opponent, isn't just get an endorsement. But start accommodating the positions in at least in some areas to keep those voters excited. When Obama won the nomination in '08 he seriously reached out to Hillary voters and convinced them. So he got an endorsement, went out of his way to mend fences, and then included her in his cabinet. Romney didn't do this at all... he had a "to the victor goes the spoils" attitude... but the spoils in this case are people. People aren't property; votes aren't property. So this isn't the fault of alienated Republicans. I mean... what's the final total going to be at? 332 to 206? Romney got crushed. This isn't about Gary Johnson or some fluke or Obama being a welfare president. This is about the Republican leadership not learning anything from 2008. They learned neither why Obama won, nor why McCain lost.

I don't buy this argument. Republicans came out and voted for Romney. This election was decided by women and minorities in the end. What can you do to change that? Nothing. The Democrats are just going to run with the bogus "war on women" narrative because it works, despite being all lies. I suppose you can start nominating complete socially liberal Republicans to help put these scare tactics to rest, but guess what then you seriously are going to alienate your base on nearly every front.

Minorities are an impossibility. Without saying anything racist I'll just say there is no way Republicans will ever appeal to them over Democrats, not when entitlements are involved.

The electorate is changing, and fast. By 2050 whites are on schedule to be the minority, but it will be here much faster if Obama "rewards" latinos with amnesty, AKA immigration reform in his 2nd term like he promised them.

Conservatives don't stand a chance again in an national election. Four years is a long time, and Obama has it to make more people dependent on the government, dramatically change the electorate demographic, and bust out as many government power grabs imaginable. I honestly don't expect the GOP to be able to defeat Joe Biden in 2016 with what Obama has in store over the next four years.

<snip>
    Translation: I'm glad Obama won. My principles mattered more than this country.

Bully for you and your ilk. You just doomed this country. I don't care who you are, you don't try to dig out of $20 trillion debt without pissing off the ones who are benefiting from it. Say you're right. Say a Republican wins in 2016. Things by then are going to be so bad that unless they're willing to make huge, and I do mean huge cuts, things are never going to be better. But if they make austerity cuts, well, this is what you're going to have in places like L.A., St. Louis, Detroit, NY:

By you and your ilk making the choice you made today, you've doomed the country into the above video. Thank you very much. I hope you sleep well tonight. I hope you can live with knowing this.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Quote Originally Posted by Apache View Post
    EXACTLY! NJcardfan is a Newblack Panthers plant! He was filmed slashing a child's knee, while stealing lollipops....

See you guys tomorrow when sanity takes hold .... AGAIN!
    What do you have to say for yourself you coward?

Quote Originally Posted by Veritas Aequitas View Post
    I suppose you can start nominating complete socially liberal Republicans to help put these scare tactics to rest, but guess what then you seriously are going to alienate your base on nearly every front.
    I see what you're saying. My preferred social policy ends up being Libertarian-leaning, so while I wouldn't have a problem with this I don't think it's necessary. Reagan won in a landslide, and he's as socially conservative as they come... yet he got the youth vote. He was just a very good communicator, and I periodically re-watch his debate speeches and they are all fantastic because he's incredibly genuine.

The Democrats are just going to run with the bogus "war on women" narrative because it works, despite being all lies
    Oh, it's definitely all lies. BUT, I will say the Republican party has a dirty habit of backing wishy-washy RINOs. Unfortunately, such people have no credibility when it comes to refuting lies. This is why the tea-party exists, right?

Minorities are an impossibility. Without saying anything racist I'll just say there is no way Republicans will ever appeal to them over Democrats, not when entitlements are involved.

The electorate is changing, and fast. By 2050 whites are on schedule to be the minority, but it will be here much faster if Obama "rewards" latinos with amnesty, AKA immigration reform in his 2nd term like he promised them.

Conservatives don't stand a chance again in an national election. Four years is a long time, and Obama has it to make more people dependent on the government, dramatically change the electorate demographic, and bust out as many government power grabs imaginable. I honestly don't expect the GOP to be able to defeat Joe Biden in 2016 with what Obama has in store over the next four years.
    It's not so gloomy. Immigrants want bright futures for their children too. Strictly as a matter of policy, I think (hypothetically) if the Republican party gave some sort of probationary amnesty to all Latinos with no criminal record who have had proof-of-income going back X years and make them pay taxes (and maybe back-taxes as part of the deal)... we'd have them. Problem is that the Democrats are already giving amnesty to the ones who don't work.

I don't see Democrats going with Biden. I see Democrats going with someone who is incomprehensibly worse than Obama. I personally think we can afford to have lost 2012, but we absolutely cannot afford to lose 2016. So it's of utmost importance in my mind that the RNC leadership gets its act together, and they learn why we lost this election. And it's not because "not enough of those selfish clueless conservative jerks voted for us" which unfortunately is what I fear their first instinct is.
    Last edited by m00; 11-07-2012 at 03:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Translation: I'm glad Obama won.

Translation: I can't be bothered to read a post before I respond.

Let me tell you a story. I once worked for a company that had this project. It was a software project. Lets say it has some serious flaws, but management convinced themselves it was the perfect piece of software. Of course they did, it was their big idea. Before it shipped, internally they said "This is a four-and-a-half-star product." It was panned by the industry press -- it got 3.5 stars. Didn't do so well in the market.

Their reaction? "The journalists are wrong, this was a 4.5 star product! If not for the journalists being unfair, this would have sold a million copies!"

Anyway, yeah.

It's not so gloomy. Immigrants want bright futures for their children too. Strictly as a matter of policy, I think (hypothetically) if the Republican party gave some sort of probationary amnesty to all Latinos with no criminal record who have had proof-of-income going back X years and make them pay taxes (and maybe back-taxes as part of the deal)... we'd have them. Problem is that the Democrats are already giving amnesty to the ones who don't work.

I don't see Democrats going with Biden. I see Democrats going with someone who is incomprehensibly worse than Obama. I personally think we can afford to have lost 2012, but we absolutely cannot afford to lose 2016. So it's of utmost importance in my mind that the RNC leadership gets its act together, and they learn why we lost this election. And it's not because "not enough of those selfish clueless conservative jerks voted for us" which unfortunately is what I fear their first instinct is.

Immigrants that want bright futures for themselves and their children by embracing the American dream come here legally. It's a long, grueling process for a reason. Obama couldn't care less about people like Marco Rubio's parents or Dinesh Disouza who understand America does (or rather, did) embody hard work and self-reliance, and can better appreciate it coming from a "lesser" nation. We are talking about people who come here to exploit this country.

Anyway, moot point arguing about this now.

Immigrants that want bright futures for themselves and their children by embracing the American dream come here legally. It's a long, grueling process for a reason. Obama couldn't care less about people like Marco Rubio's parents or Dinesh Disouza who understand America does (or rather, did) embody hard work and self-reliance, and can better appreciate it coming from a "lesser" nation. We are talking about people who come here to exploit this country.

Anyway, moot point arguing about this now.
    Well, Republicans look pretty good in the House right?

Well, Republicans look pretty good in the House right?

Alan Grayson won another house seat. Things could be better.

Besides, won't make any difference whatsoever. Obama has proven he has no problem circumventing congress via executive orders. Not only that, 2014 elections are dangerous ground for the Republicans for the reasons I mentioned before.

Impeachment proceeding impossible with the Democrat senate even if our suspicions on Libya materialize.

Alan Grayson won another house seat. Things could be better.

Besides, won't make any difference whatsoever. Obama has proven he has no problem circumventing congress via executive orders. Not only that, 2014 elections are dangerous ground for the Republicans for the reasons I mentioned before.

Impeachment proceeding impossible with the Democrat senate even if our suspicions on Libya materialize.
    I'm feeling very cynical, but I doubt there's political will on the Republican side to impeach Obama over Libya (even though it's at least worth appointing a special prosecutor over. but so was gun-walking). Our Republican Congressmen don't want to put their pork money at risk.

What happened to the tea-party? Was it just completely co-opted by the establishment?

Translation: I can't be bothered to read a post before I respond.

Let me tell you a story. I once worked for a company that had this project. It was a software project. Lets say it has some serious flaws, but management convinced themselves it was the perfect piece of software. Of course they did, it was their big idea. Before it shipped, internally they said "This is a four-and-a-half-star product." It was panned by the industry press -- it got 3.5 stars. Didn't do so well in the market.

Their reaction? "The journalists are wrong, this was a 4.5 star product! If not for the journalists being unfair, this would have sold a million copies!"

Anyway, yeah.
    OK, so you're happy with a product that isn't even good enough to garner 1/2 star? As I said, by 2016, this country will be too fucked up for anyone to fix. Obama will grant all of these illegals amnesty then citizenship and with that comes the vote and free access to all the entitlements the other 50% of the population is getting now. A conservative doesn't stand a chance in hell of winning a national election again. All because the Ronulans wanted to prove a point. Ole.