Thread: Let's start thinking ahead to 2014......

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    Next time (hopefully) we'll stick with a true Conservative...someone like Reagan and not get scared off by the so called "experts".

Because like Rush also said...and I'm paraphrasing full throated Conservatism has yet to be tried yet in an election.
    Yeah, I think you need a good message and a good messenger. Reagan had both.

I think the Republican party's biggest hurdle at this point is agreeing what Conservatism is. Or maybe the voters who actually have the values convincing the politicians what it is. Cuz right now, I get the feeling that the RNC elites think Conservatism means bailouts, corporate cronyism, big government, and reduction of civil liberties for every case except guns & religion.

Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    That's true and I agree with him. (I didn't hear it til this morning).

Maybe I just don't know how to express it right...but it just seems like America bought into the "only Romney can beat Obama" meme pushed by the establishment.

Ok...we did that...and look what it got us.

Next time (hopefully) we'll stick with a true Conservative...someone like Reagan and not get scared off by the so called "experts".

Because like Rush also said...and I'm paraphrasing full throated Conservatism has yet to be tried yet in an election.
    Romney was fine, there is no perfect candidate, blame he who could have stopped hurricane sandy, it is his fault why we have 4 more of Obama. Now we are left with why he caused it to happen and what can be done to receive his blessing once more.
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Romney was fine, there is no perfect candidate, blame he who could have stopped hurricane sandy, it is his fault why we have 4 more of Obama. Now we are left with why he caused it to happen and what can be done to receive his blessing once more.
    There is no perfect candidate, but we still need a good candidate. Maybe we just disagree here, but I think Romney put on a public persona for most of the campaign and it really didn't fit him. There is also the campaign organization... Obama's campaign was very organized, and very metrics-driven. They knew who to target in what area, and how to target them.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    There aren't perfect candidates that is true...but there were better candidates we (the GOP/Republicans/Conservatives as a whole) could have supported.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Senior Member Unreconstructed Reb's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by m00 View Post
    There is no perfect candidate, but we still need a good candidate. Maybe we just disagree here, but I think Romney put on a public persona for most of the campaign and it really didn't fit him. There is also the campaign organization... Obama's campaign was very organized, and very metrics-driven. They knew who to target in what area, and how to target them.
    Bronco's campaign also had the enormous benefit of having the media as 24/7 advocates.
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that you won't need it until they try to take it away."---Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I had an uneasy feeling throughout the whole process. Whenever the Republicans think they're going to win by telling the truth about the opponents, when talk radio gets all fired up by the excesses of Obama, we lose. There has to be a way that we get candidates who somehow walk that magic line between being too accusatory and being a doormat.

Who would have thought that Clinton would win after being caught "not having sex with that woman"? The problem is that we're playing with different standards, When the dems get caught with their pants around their knees, they say "So what." We look like the church lady. We need a street fighter, a wily street fighter. Chris Christie might have a big mouth, but he's emasculated himself to Obama, become that door mat.

It's tough to beat people who don't care, are ruthless, don't have the same sense of morals. It's going to take bigger brains than us to figure out how to do it.

Elite Republican rich guys who come across as out of touch aren't going to make it. We need someone who will stand up and tell the truth, sort of like Newt. Now if only we can find someone who won't take the crap who also wasn't caught with his pants around his knees, we'll be doing better.

Laura Ingraham gave a real sad statistic tonight while subbing for O'Reilly. She said that Romney got less of the Mormon vote than McCain. Now that's truly sad.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

Quote Originally Posted by Unreconstructed Reb View Post
    Bronco's campaign also had the enormous benefit of having the media as 24/7 advocates.
    It's funny how evil the media is. I remember when they basically crowned Romney as the nominee before any state had its primary. It's like... Republicans let the leftwing media pick the candidate, because the media was telling everybody he was the only one who could beat Obama. But this is surmountable... we just can't let the media lay the trap and then lead the Republicans straight into that trap.

Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    I am sorry if the GOP couldn't beat this asshole with everything going for the GOP, I doubt we shall see another Republican President ever again. Sorry people wanting hand outs are not going to vote for the person wanting to take them away. I am kind of glad this happened, when the crash comes it will come on obama's watch.
    Going to quote your post but let's everyone just take a breath.

Don't believe the hype that these Demopukes are trying to sell that the GOP is dead, we can't win, etc. Nothing is farther from the truth. The same thing was said about the Dem party in 2004 when Bush was reelected. Said the Dems would be dead for a generation. Well, that didn't happen.

I'm only going to comment on demographics and the future:
    The young vote (less than 25 years old)...forget them. We never had them. No sense getting worked up about them.

The black vote. Forget this too. Let's look at this. We've been told that the black community came out incredibly strong for Barry in both elections. Unlike in any other election. What conclusions can we draw? 1) Blacks are racists and only voted by skin color? If this is true then don't expect a huge turnout when the Dems run a non-black candidate. 2) Dems, like we already know, don't give a damn about black people. Only their vote. If blacks never came out in force before 2008 they were disenfranchised. As soon as they become disenfranchised again, we win in a walk.

Single women. We need them. I don't think it's critical but we need them. The whole contraception/abortion message was a mess this election. It needs help. Women who I don't believe are stupid fell for the "Republicans want to outlaw contraception" nonsense. I have empirical evidence on this. It was quite unbelievable.

Hispanic community. We need them. These folks don't want to be Democrats. No way, no how. They are family oriented, religious folks that believe in personal responsibility. This should be an R demographic and it very easily can be. GW proved it.

Moderates. Forget them. If someone tells you they are a moderate, they're lying. They're Leftists. Independents we can go after and get.

Ronbots, Paulbots, bawling Libertarians. Forget them. Don't want them. I don't need to listen to the ramblings of people that voted for a guy that only got 0.9% of the vote. I'll find their million votes somewhere else. And that million was a fluke. They never pull numbers like that.
    Be Not Afraid.