Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 From this day forward....I pledge 
    1. To never help a liberal unless they are a family member. As an example, if you are wearing an Obama/Biden shirt and you are on fire, I won't even piss on you to help put out the fire.
    2. I will never again donate money to a large charity again. That means when the American Red Cross calls because they need money to help cloth and feed a liberal in the northeast because they got hit with a hurricane, I will tell them to contact FEMA because that is what they voted for tonight. They want help from me? Fuck you. When I donate money it will go to certified conservative charities.
    3. I will not ever support a small business man or woman who supports either democrats or liberal causes. Sure boycotting Microsoft or Levi Strauss is not worth the time but boycotting leftwing small businesses can make a difference. If a small business owner loses local customers because they donate or support democrats, maybe it will teach them to not support that shit anymore. Campaign donations are public records...use them to punish liberals.
    4. I will double my efforts to make sure I am debt free because when inflation hits, it is going to hurt.
    5. I am seriously going to start hiding my money and I AM going to start working under the table more. Liberals tonight voted to increase all taxes on all the countries makers. I refuse to give the takers anymore than what I can get away with.

What ARE YOU going to do?

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by MountainMan View Post
    4. I will double my efforts to make sure I am debt free because when inflation hits, it is going to hurt.
    I could be wrong on this one, but it's my understanding that this is not a good strategy. It's better to buy stuff now and pay it off over time with increasingly worthless money. Of course, I think this presumes a constant which is not guaranteed.

Come January, I will owe a grand total of $4000 which means I should be debt free shortly thereafter. I am looking forward to that, seriously. It will be the first time I have been totally debt free since 1984. Of course, this falls into the category of best laid plans. With a kid about to graduate high school, I could be looking at unexpected expenses or seriously compelling, "Uncle Nova can I have.......?" requests. To date, "No" isn't my strong point when it comes to my girls.

1. To never help a liberal unless they are a family member. As an example, if you are wearing an Obama/Biden shirt and you are on fire, I won't even piss on you to help put out the fire.
    2. I will never again donate money to a large charity again. That means when the American Red Cross calls because they need money to help cloth and feed a liberal in the northeast because they got hit with a hurricane, I will tell them to contact FEMA because that is what they voted for tonight. They want help from me? Fuck you. When I donate money it will go to certified conservative charities.
    3. I will not ever support a small business man or woman who supports either democrats or liberal causes. Sure boycotting Microsoft or Levi Strauss is not worth the time but boycotting leftwing small businesses can make a difference. If a small business owner loses local customers because they donate or support democrats, maybe it will teach them to not support that shit anymore. Campaign donations are public records...use them to punish liberals.
    5. I am seriously going to start hiding my money and I AM going to start working under the table more. Liberals tonight voted to increase all taxes on all the countries makers. I refuse to give the takers anymore than what I can get away with.

Now you're sounding like those whiners in 2000.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    I could be wrong on this one, but it's my understanding that this is not a good strategy. It's better to buy stuff now and pay it off over time with increasingly worthless money. Of course, I think this presumes a constant which is not guaranteed.

Come January, I will owe a grand total of $4000 which means I should be debt free shortly thereafter. I am looking forward to that, seriously. It will be the first time I have been totally debt free since 1984. Of course, this falls into the category of best laid plans. With a kid about to graduate high school, I could be looking at unexpected expenses or seriously compelling, "Uncle Nova can I have.......?" requests. To date, "No" isn't my strong point when it comes to my girls.

Between my car and my student loans I owe about 45k, so maybe Obamanomics won't be so bad for me after all. I can get a part-time job at Burger King on the weekends and pay it off in a summer.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Now you're sounding like those whiners in 2000.
    Nope, just a realist. I will never give anymore of my money to a charity that doesn't demand something in return. I will give to the Salvation Army because they are a christian charity and when I give locally, for the most part, the money stays local. However, I will never again look past party affiliation. With the exception for family members, if you are a liberal, don't ask me for help. Call someone else on your Obama phone.

Power CUer
    With the exception for family members, if you are a liberal, don't ask me for help. Call someone else on your Obama phone.
    Has that happened much up to now?
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

im making arrangements to leave the country
    Liberals: Obama's useful Idiots

Not act like a fucking DUmmie and politicize interpersonal relationships, that's what.

Good grief, how stupid. I'm not happy with the election results, but that hardly means that I somehow un-became an American overnight. If there's someone out there who needs my help, I'm not going to ask them what their political leanings are before I help them. That's just ridiculous.
    Olde-style, states' rights conservative. Ask if this concept confuses you.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Wood View Post
    Not act like a fucking DUmmie and politicize interpersonal relationships, that's what.

Good grief, how stupid. I'm not happy with the election results, but that hardly means that I somehow un-became an American overnight. If there's someone out there who needs my help, I'm not going to ask them what their political leanings are before I help them. That's just ridiculous.
    This^

Mountain man is one of those that confuses "Americans" with the "Federal Government" I'm afraid.
    What makes this country great is Private individuals taking care of our social problems. Not the F'n government. Look at how great th government is handling the Hurricane in the NE. Pathetic.

Quit being a pus and pull up your bootstraps and get to work. The time for changing things the way you wish doesn't start in 2014 or 2016. It' STARTS NOW!

People who believe they can just sit on their ass at home watching American Idol and vote every couple years doesn't cut it.
    When was the last time you went to your GOP meeting? When did you actually go try to persuade someone there to stick to conservative principles?

Hear me now and believe me later, if you don't do it, someone else is going to and they are starting today.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Wood View Post

I think that everyone needs to maintain perspective. I really don't think that most of our posters here and elsewhere would really like for Paul Ryan to get his way and let Ayn Rand design our future. We need a certain amount of gridlock in this country, regardless of who controls two out of three.