Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    Well I hope a few days will allow people to calm down. I'd really hate to see this place become an actual mirror of DU.
    I don't think that will happen. Too many people here have already seemed pretty restrained and have made some thoughtful posts about it. Can you imagine the heads splodin' over there if it had gone the other way?
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    Well I hope a few days will allow people to calm down. I'd really hate to see this place become an actual mirror of DU.
    If I was you I would be spending my extra extra time looking at possible ways to make a living rather than your condescending preaching at people on CU.
    When Obama finishes with the military there won't be near the number of troops we have now.
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    If I was you I would be spending my extra extra time looking at possible ways to make a living rather than your condescending preaching at people on CU.
    When Obama finishes with the military there won't be near the number of troops we have now.
    I'll get by just fine. Thanks for your concern though.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    I don't see what he said a condesending preaching. I see it as a warning that we may become that which we abhor.

On a side note, I'm just going to trust that God, as usual, knows what is going on and everything his happening exactly the way He intends it to. Reading the story of Joesph gives me comfort. I would hope that I could have just an iota of the trust he had for the actions of our creator.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Even an empire in decline needs its centurions. Assuming that Obama doesn't decide to purge the armed forces of those of us who aren't ideologically simpatico, and sequestration doesn't put us all out in the streets, I'll survive to the end of his term, and by then, the food and gas riots should keep me well-employed in homeland security missions.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    Even an empire in decline needs its centurions. Assuming that Obama doesn't decide to purge the armed forces of those of us who aren't ideologically simpatico, and sequestration doesn't put us all out in the streets, I'll survive to the end of his term, and by then, the food and gas riots should keep me well-employed in homeland security missions.
    hire me pls? In a year and a half I'll have a wife to provide for

Quote Originally Posted by Wibbins View Post
    hire me pls? In a year and a half I'll have a wife to provide for
    I can only refer you to a recruiter. And that's if Obama doesn't cut our end strength.

However, in the spirit of the OP, there's this:

--Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!