Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 17 of 17
  1. #11  
    Senior Member Molon Labe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Jihad Me At Hello
    Posts
    4,769
    Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    Well I hope a few days will allow people to calm down. I'd really hate to see this place become an actual mirror of DU.
    I don't think that will happen. Too many people here have already seemed pretty restrained and have made some thoughtful posts about it. Can you imagine the heads splodin' over there if it had gone the other way?
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown


    The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #12  
    PORCUS MAXIMUS Rockntractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    41,842
    Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    Well I hope a few days will allow people to calm down. I'd really hate to see this place become an actual mirror of DU.
    If I was you I would be spending my extra extra time looking at possible ways to make a living rather than your condescending preaching at people on CU.
    When Obama finishes with the military there won't be near the number of troops we have now.
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #13  
    Zoomie djones520's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    St. Louis
    Posts
    10,072
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    If I was you I would be spending my extra extra time looking at possible ways to make a living rather than your condescending preaching at people on CU.
    When Obama finishes with the military there won't be near the number of troops we have now.
    I'll get by just fine. Thanks for your concern though.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

    In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #14  
    Power CUer FlaGator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    The Swamps of N. Florida
    Posts
    22,265
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    If I was you I would be spending my extra extra time looking at possible ways to make a living rather than your condescending preaching at people on CU.
    When Obama finishes with the military there won't be near the number of troops we have now.
    I don't see what he said a condesending preaching. I see it as a warning that we may become that which we abhor.

    On a side note, I'm just going to trust that God, as usual, knows what is going on and everything his happening exactly the way He intends it to. Reading the story of Joesph gives me comfort. I would hope that I could have just an iota of the trust he had for the actions of our creator.

    I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #15  
    LTC Member Odysseus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    FT Belvoir, VA
    Posts
    15,638
    Even an empire in decline needs its centurions. Assuming that Obama doesn't decide to purge the armed forces of those of us who aren't ideologically simpatico, and sequestration doesn't put us all out in the streets, I'll survive to the end of his term, and by then, the food and gas riots should keep me well-employed in homeland security missions.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

    Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #16  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    557
    Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    Even an empire in decline needs its centurions. Assuming that Obama doesn't decide to purge the armed forces of those of us who aren't ideologically simpatico, and sequestration doesn't put us all out in the streets, I'll survive to the end of his term, and by then, the food and gas riots should keep me well-employed in homeland security missions.
    hire me pls? In a year and a half I'll have a wife to provide for
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #17  
    LTC Member Odysseus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    FT Belvoir, VA
    Posts
    15,638
    Quote Originally Posted by Wibbins View Post
    hire me pls? In a year and a half I'll have a wife to provide for
    I can only refer you to a recruiter. And that's if Obama doesn't cut our end strength.

    However, in the spirit of the OP, there's this:

    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

    Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •