Hybrid View

1. #1 Dick Morris, U. Of Colorado, & Other Assorted Idiots 
    I mean really guys? I heard people be wrong before but to be this wrong? And that stupid Redskin rule? That worked didn't it? Screw all y'all.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Dick Morris is a special kind of retard. When he predicted a Romney landslide I feared an Obama victory.

He also predicted the GOP will hold the house until 2020, so I'm worried about 2014 prospects.

When Dick picked Romney I knew deep down that it was over.
    We're from Philadelphia, We Fight- Chip Kelly

I never understood why anyone would value his opinion. He spent how long with Clinton before figuring him out?

Quote Originally Posted by Veritas Aequitas View Post
    Dick Morris is a special kind of retard. When he predicted a Romney landslide I feared an Obama victory.

He also predicted the GOP will hold the house until 2020, so I'm worried about 2014 prospects.

I think he's right about the house, mainly because the majority of governorships are republican and they control redistricting in a lot of states. Michigan, which voted for Obama and Stabenow, has a GOP governor, a GOP state legislature and a GOP dominated state supreme court. Just an example, but I'm sure other blue states have similar situations. That will keep a GOP house majority at least until the next census, which is in 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    I think he's right about the house, mainly because the majority of governorships are republican and they control redistricting in a lot of states. Michigan, which voted for Obama and Stabenow, has a GOP governor, a GOP state legislature and a GOP dominated state supreme court. Just an example, but I'm sure other blue states have similar situations. That will keep a GOP house majority at least until the next census, which is in 2020.
    Yeah. The....let's call it "the inner city vote" that carried Obama doesn't have the same effect on The House. Burn down Philly, Cleveland, Detroit, and a few other places and Obama would be out of business.
    The House and the various governors actually seem to reflect the the thoughts and wishes of the population of The U.S.

Quote Originally Posted by Starbuck View Post
    Yeah. The....let's call it "the inner city vote" that carried Obama doesn't have the same effect on The House. Burn down Philly, Cleveland, Detroit, and a few other places and Obama would be out of business.
    The House and the various governors actually seem to reflect the the thoughts and wishes of the population of The U.S.
    But here's the thing on that. Rick Snyder (R) won the governor's race in Michigan in 2010 by such a large majority that he had to have picked off some Detroit votes. Not many, but Detroit did not vote as solidly democratic in that race as it did in this one. He definitely won the Detroit suburbs, which Romney did not do.

Snyder is a RINO, and a businessman. He does not have a religious or social agenda. He campaigned as a guy who cared about Michigan and Detroit. He actually campaigned in Detroit. He was endorsed by the last republican governor to carry the Detroit vote (Milliken), by William Clay Ford, and by Allan Mullaley.

Dick Morris is usually wrong, but Michael Barone knows what he's talking about and he was way off too. I knew it was likely over the day before the election day when Gallup showed a 4-5 point swing towards Obama after Hurricane Sandy. Before that Romney was up 5-7 points and that's the model he was using for a Romney victory. Before the last Gallup poll came out I thought Romney would win too because of this although I thought it was going to ultimately just come down to Ohio. Usually votes break late against the incumbent, but not this year because of the Hurricane.

Face it. There are enough people that don't pay attention to anything. All it took was Obama looking Presidential for 5 minutes and the media not covering the total inefficiency of government handling the hurricane's aftermath to swing it in his favor.