Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Veritas Aequitas View Post
    Irrelevant. Ronald Reagan today would be painted as a complete right-wing whacko. A pre-homicidal Timothy McVeigh. The American sheeple would buy it hook, line sinker.

Obama won because most women and minorities are fucking lazy parasites now.
    Ronald Reagan was not a right wing whacko. While many of us didn't agree, many thought he was charismatic- to the point at which people voted against their own interest and said stupid shit like, "Well... I voted for President Reagan because he made me feel good about being an American." No one questioned who Ronald Reagan was. We may not have liked him, or thought he was a great intellect, but you knew what you were getting. Can you honestly say that the American people knew what they would be getting in Romney?

Ronald Reagan also had a "home state". He was from Illinois and he had made California his home in a big way. Romney came off as some kind of rootless gypsy billionaire. I think that one of his mistakes was in buying the house in California. It confused people, who weren't real sure which state was supposedly his home state- and he didn't carry any of them (except Utah of course).

Romney rocked the first debate and did no harm with the last two. He was up 5 to 7 points until Sandy hit.

If any individual is to blame it's that fat turd Chris Christie for sucking Obama's cock on national T.V. for simple doing what he's getting paid to do. And then participating in the comical bromance during the Jersey Shore photo-op. This was a billion dollars worth of publicity for the Obama campaign alone.

Power CUer
    Irrelevant. Ronald Reagan today would be painted as a complete right-wing whacko.
    I'm old enough to remember that he WAS painted that way at the time.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

It seems to me that we've struck Alexis de Tocqueville's tipping point. There are apparently more people in this country now who want their free shit from the government, and they'll keep voting themselves their largess. Obama has managed to convince enough people that economic malaise is fine so long as the government can keep giving them bread and games down at the coliseum.

And with that being the case (and I believe that it is), it would not have mattered if Ronald Reagan had risen from the grave to run again. People are just going to keep voting for their free shit from the government. The Great Society has finally come to its inevitable fruition, and we are to have a permanent welfare state in this nation to resemble pretty much all of Europe.
    Olde-style, states' rights conservative. Ask if this concept confuses you.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Wood View Post
    It seems to me that we've struck Alexis de Tocqueville's tipping point. There are apparently more people in this country now who want their free shit from the government, and they'll keep voting themselves their largess. Obama has managed to convince enough people that economic malaise is fine so long as the government can keep giving them bread and games down at the coliseum.

And with that being the case (and I believe that it is), it would not have mattered if Ronald Reagan had risen from the grave to run again. People are just going to keep voting for their free shit from the government. The Great Society has finally come to its inevitable fruition, and we are to have a permanent welfare state in this nation to resemble pretty much all of Europe.
    Pretty much my point. The question is now, when does this become completely unsustainable, as in when do the parasites bleed the hosts dry?

Pretty much my point. The question is now, when does this become completely unsustainable, as in when do the parasites bleed the hosts dry?
    "Eventually you run out of other peoples money" - Margaret Thatcher said that I believe.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Wood View Post

Correct, plain and simple. everyone take care of yourselves and your families, politics are no longer a tool for our use, don't waste time on it, prepare for hard times.
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

I have not seen all the break downs of the vote yet, but I would hazzard a guess that McCain got more military votes than Romney did. I know people who are independents who chose McCain in 2008 because they respected his service in Vietnam.

Irrelevant. Ronald Reagan today would be painted as a complete right-wing whacko. A pre-homicidal Timothy McVeigh. The American sheeple would buy it hook, line sinker.

Obama won because most women and minorities are fucking lazy parasites now.
    I'd be wary of attacking the very people whose votes you now MUST carry if you want to win.

The old days of rich white old folks running under the Republican banner will not work. We need women and minorities in the R party if we want to make any headway with the voters. Marco Rubio 2016.

The ads that Romney ran were pathetic, women sitting at their kitchen table talking about the economy and how hurt they were...give me a break, get a marketing team that will destroy the opponent...no niceties anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    I'm old enough to remember that he WAS painted that way at the time.
    There's a difference. The national media back then was biased, but it didn't ignore major news stories that were inconvenient. The Iranian Hostage Crisis and oil prices dominated the news. The unemployment stats weren't touted as an improvement when they weren't. The basic facts of Carter's failures were exposed to anyone who turned on a television or picked up a newspaper. Today, the media has expended massive effort in the obstruction of news. They not only refused to cover things like spiking gas prices, the Benghazi attack and subsequent cover-up or the economic bad news that has persisted throughout Obama's tenure, they have attacked anyone who did discuss them. When Romney objected to the administration's response to Benghazi, the press closed ranks and made the story his "gaffe", rather than the death of the ambassador and three others in a US Consular compound, and the administration's out and out lies about the cause of the attacks and its failure to respond. This was media as palace guard, and Orwellian Ministry of Truth that censored news more than it reported it.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!