Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by Molon Labe View Post

And don't forget to go to sleep for the next 4 years but wake up ready to cast your ballot again in 2016 for probably Chris Christie. You'll probably fall in line then too.
    You do know I'm a registered Libertarian, right? However, unlike the rest of those unrealistic idiots, I know that no Libertarian is going to win in a national election...ever. The real fight is in local elections where most are non-partisan elections. But noooo, they gotta go for the brass ring right off. In actuality, aside from Romney not running a stronger campaign in October, I blame the Libertarian right and the Tea Party for not backing him. Romney is far better than what we have now and we're stuck with this for the next 4 years. By 2016, the debt is going to be so deep there will be no digging out. The depression is going to seem like a Sunday school picnic when all is said and done.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Wood View Post
    Good post. Romney was a lot like Reagan, particularly after the first debate. He was positive and he expressed a vision for the country as well as being charismatic and expressing himself well. If that Romney had shown up in January, or last October, then the primaries would have been over before they even started. But he didn't. The somewhat timid, not very focused Romney who had a hard time showing that he had a grasp of conservative principles is who was around up until the convention, at the very earliest, and really it would be more accurate to say that it was closer to the first debate before he shed that skin.

I believe Mitt Romney is a good man. A very good man. I believe that he would have been a pretty damn good President. I believe that he has conservative principles (you kind of have to have pretty conservative principles in order to get as successful as he has been in business). I also believe that until just a couple or three months ago, he had never really sat down and thought about just exactly what conservative principles are, what they mean, and how to express them to others, and because of that, he missed a golden opportunity earlier in the race to differentiate himself from and elevate himself above Barack Obama. By the time the Reagan-esque Romney came on the scene, Obama and company had already written the narrative that he will never, ever be able to shake.
    The Obama campaign relied on one of the oldest and most effective sales techniques around . People's tendency to strongly prefer avoiding losses to acquiring gains. In economics it's called lose aversion. Hope & change was worn thin so he relied on fear.
    The 21st century. The age of Smart phones and Stupid people.

It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    You do know I'm a registered Libertarian, right? However, unlike the rest of those unrealistic idiots, I know that no Libertarian is going to win in a national election...ever. The real fight is in local elections where most are non-partisan elections. But noooo, they gotta go for the brass ring right off. In actuality, aside from Romney not running a stronger campaign in October, I blame the Libertarian right and the Tea Party for not backing him. Romney is far better than what we have now and we're stuck with this for the next 4 years. By 2016, the debt is going to be so deep there will be no digging out. The depression is going to seem like a Sunday school picnic when all is said and done.
    Fine and I agree that the real battle is at the local and state level, and in the congress. If you are a Libertarian, then you understand the biggest problem they have as a party is agreeing.

For what it's worth. There's libertarian..... and then theirs Libertarian. One is a belief and one is a party. I am not a member of the party. I believe the foundation of what the GOP says (well once said) it stands for is libertarianism and that if it was more alive and well in the GOP, then you would have seen more of the Tea Party and Libertarian right supporting them.

What Romney offered did not substantially change the directory Obama was following to dig us out of the debt by 2016. And that is why he lost. Maybe when things cool down I'll explain my point of view.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor