Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Veritas Aequitas View Post
    I have no idea what the fuck people like you want in a candidate. I'm guessing you supported Ron Paul?
    If Ron Paul would have been the nominee, this election would have resembled 1972 with Paul carrying Texas...maybe.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Quote Originally Posted by Molon Labe View Post
    If a guy like Reagan ran today. He WOULD have won. This country was screaming for someone who would reverse the last 20 years of BIG Government.

Some of you are just not going to get it. Hopefully you all are in the minority. Because in order to move ahead the GOP is going to have to do a soul check. As I have said before, I have faith they can do that, but this is their last chance with me.
    NO ONE LIKE THAT RAN! Your choices were Romney, who is what he is, and Obama and we all know what he is about. People like you chose to either not vote or throw your vote away on a guy who didn't have a prayer in hell to win. You only have yourselves to blame here.
    Last edited by NJCardFan; 11-07-2012 at 12:58 PM.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Quote Originally Posted by m00 View Post
    Why are you blaming Romney? This is clearly the fault of voters he ignored, but should have voted for him anyway... says the party of personal responsibility.
    He's blaming Romney because it's the easy thing to do instead of admitting he's part of the problem because he stayed home and pouted.

Obama 2012 thanks Melon Lube for his support.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Ignorance and apathy on a national scale combined with a far left media in league with a professional fraud-in-chief does make for more than curious results.

Also I think Romney was a weak candidate but not as bad as McCain. Most of us were voting for love of country, not Romney per se. At least thats my take.
    http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd445/JansGraphix/ConsUndergrd-Sig2.jpg
    Liberalism is just communism sold by the drink.

Power CUer
    Third parties garnered very little of the vote. In the key swing states, 3rd parties made no difference. If people stayed home, that's something else, of course.

I agree with SR that Mitt Romney needed to hammer Benghazi into the public consciousness.

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    I'm old enough to remember that he WAS painted that way at the time.
    By his own party no less. Took Reagan three attempts to finally garner the Republican nomination and finally the Presidency.

I know folks are going to vehemently disagree but with a little research they would find that Romney was essentially the closest thing to a Reagan candidate since Reagan. Fiscal/social conservative.

Not saying Romney would have performed like Reagan but you never know.

Romney ran a good campaign , the ronbots didn't kill it for Romney and the dozen or so other excuses the eat your own Reps love to do after an election lose.

Like rush said this morning you can't fight Santa Claus.

P.S. Last night America's Toughest Sheriff got reelected to a sixth 4 yr term. Congratulations Sheriff Joe Arpaio
    Last edited by Zeus; 11-07-2012 at 02:51 PM.
    The 21st century. The age of Smart phones and Stupid people.

It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    NO ONE LIKE THAT RAN! Your choices were Romney, who is what he is, and Obama and we all know what he is about. People like you chose to either not vote or throw your vote away on a guy who didn't have a prayer in hell to win. You only have yourselves to blame here.
    Actually....on my ballot there were about 8 choices. So I guess since Romney was #1 loser it's safe to say that you threw your vote away too.

There are about 190 million registerd voters in this country. About 95 million will not cast a ballot at all and/or vote for someone else than the 2 parties. So, let's blame the other 95 million registered voters who did not choose to cast a vote or chose someone else as the reason Wiltard lost the election.

Yeah....Let's not hold the GOP responsible for who they promote and allow to run under their banner. And people like you keep accepting the same old shit sandwhiches they serve up to you year after year and then get mad when people don't want one of your "special Order samiches' ".

And don't forget to go to sleep for the next 4 years but wake up ready to cast your ballot again in 2016 for probably Chris Christie. You'll probably fall in line then too.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Correct, plain and simple. everyone take care of yourselves and your families, politics are no longer a tool for our use, don't waste time on it, prepare for hard times.
    That's right. Prepare mind, body and spirit for what's coming. Pay off your debts. Get to know your neighbors. Arm yourself. Store food. Grow a garden. Have a plan.
    "Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people.
    It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other."
    -- John Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    By his own party no less. Took Reagan three attempts to finally garner the Republican nomination and finally the Presidency.

I know folks are going to vehemently disagree but with a little research they would find that Romney was essentially the closest thing to a Reagan candidate since Reagan. Fiscal/social conservative.

Not saying Romney would have performed like Reagan but you never know.

Romney ran a good campaign , the ronbots didn't kill it for Romney and the dozen or so other excuses the eat your own Reps love to do after an election lose.

Like rush said this morning you can't fight Santa Claus.

P.S. Last night America's Toughest Sheriff got reelected to a sixth 4 yr term. Congratulations Sheriff Joe Arpaio
    Good post. Romney was a lot like Reagan, particularly after the first debate. He was positive and he expressed a vision for the country as well as being charismatic and expressing himself well. If that Romney had shown up in January, or last October, then the primaries would have been over before they even started. But he didn't. The somewhat timid, not very focused Romney who had a hard time showing that he had a grasp of conservative principles is who was around up until the convention, at the very earliest, and really it would be more accurate to say that it was closer to the first debate before he shed that skin.

I believe Mitt Romney is a good man. A very good man. I believe that he would have been a pretty damn good President. I believe that he has conservative principles (you kind of have to have pretty conservative principles in order to get as successful as he has been in business). I also believe that until just a couple or three months ago, he had never really sat down and thought about just exactly what conservative principles are, what they mean, and how to express them to others, and because of that, he missed a golden opportunity earlier in the race to differentiate himself from and elevate himself above Barack Obama. By the time the Reagan-esque Romney came on the scene, Obama and company had already written the narrative that he will never, ever be able to shake.
    Olde-style, states' rights conservative. Ask if this concept confuses you.

Quote Originally Posted by aerojarod View Post
    That's right. Prepare mind, body and spirit for what's coming. Pay off your debts. Get to know your neighbors. Arm yourself. Store food. Grow a garden. Have a plan.
    Right...do those things.....that is until, they confiscate your gold, round up your neigbors, confiscate your guns, and make you wait in the bread line.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor