Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    If you think this is going to happen you are stark staring nuts. Let me tell you how the next 4 years is going to go. No matter how far into the crapper we go, the media is going to lay 100% of the blame at the feet of the Republican congress. The media will see to this. I suggest people start reading 1984. This is the world we're heading to.
    A lot of the people here will have to experience this to believe it and even then the rino's will not understand.
    In a lot of cases you might as well explain this to your pets, many here feel that this is just another election.
    Say good bye to fox news and the free speech internet, they are soon to change.
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by m00 View Post
    Of course they do. They just didn't believe Romney had a plan.

There was something that Romney said in the debates that sums up his campaign pretty well. I forget the line, but he was asked a question and gave an answer that was completely irrelevant to the question. I think Santorum called him on it, and Romney goes something like "You ask the question you want, and I answer the question that I want. That's how it works."

Romney was repeatedly asked for budget specifics (what depts and programs, exactly, would you cut) and what he gave was vague principles. When pressed he seemed offended at the question, because obviously he needs to hammer out the details with Congress. Yeah, okay.

This. Does. Not. Win. Elections.
    I've heard this complaint before, I think it might actually have been in an Obama ad. What Romney did was smart. Any President who realizes he's going to have to cut some programs that are popular somewhere would be a fool to announce those actions during a modern campaign. He would have been torn apart even worse than he was. That's just the nature of today's cut-throat process. Pick some government program, any program more complex and vital than funding for Big bird and imagine Romney coming out ahead of time and saying he'd cut it. The feckless dem controlled Senate would have it dead in the water before he ever took office. I think Romney's choice of Ryan as VP was his statement that he was serious about tackling out of control spending, but he over-estimated the intelligence of his audience, and they missed his unspoken statement.

Quote Originally Posted by Lager View Post
    I've heard this complaint before, I think it might actually have been in an Obama ad. What Romney did was smart. Any President who realizes he's going to have to cut some programs that are popular somewhere would be a fool to announce those actions during a modern campaign. He would have been torn apart even worse than he was. That's just the nature of today's cut-throat process. Pick some government program, any program more complex and vital than funding for Big bird and imagine Romney coming out ahead of time and saying he'd cut it. The feckless dem controlled Senate would have it dead in the water before he ever took office. I think Romney's choice of Ryan as VP was his statement that he was serious about tackling out of control spending, but he over-estimated the intelligence of his audience, and they missed his unspoken statement.
    It just seemed like "you'll know what gets cut after you elect me" sounded awfully close to "you'll know what's in this bill after you pass it."

So I think it's the opposite. He under-estimated the intelligence of his audience. PBS is like .001% of Federal Funding or something. Who cares. Cutting out your once-a-month-stick-of-gum isn't going to make a dent in your $50,000 of credit card debt.

Tell me what you are going to do to the IRS, EPA, Homeland Security, Dept. of Energy, TSA, etc, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by m00 View Post
    It just seemed like "you'll know what gets cut after you elect me" sounded awfully close to "you'll know what's in this bill after you pass it."

So I think it's the opposite. He under-estimated the intelligence of his audience. PBS is like .001% of Federal Funding or something. Who cares. Cutting out your once-a-month-stick-of-gum isn't going to make a dent in your $50,000 of credit card debt.

Tell me what you are going to do to the IRS, EPA, Homeland Security, Dept. of Energy, TSA, etc, etc.
    Would you really vote for a candidate who announced ahead of time that he would make those kind of cuts? I don't know your politics, if you lean liberatarian, or count yourself as one who would vote conservative except for those darn social positions they take. I don't recall, did McCain ever give detailed plans? How about Bush? If he did, he sure didn't cut very much once he took office. Whether you think his strategy was effective or not, in this campaign, it would have been fodder for the other side to twist his intentions if he telegraphed any of it. Same if he'd have released more tax returns. Even if they were all legal and legit, they'd have been used against him.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    If you think this is going to happen you are stark staring nuts. Let me tell you how the next 4 years is going to go. No matter how far into the crapper we go, the media is going to lay 100% of the blame at the feet of the Republican congress. The media will see to this. I suggest people start reading 1984. This is the world we're heading to.
    This is why it may be better for the GOP congress to become a rubber stamp than an obstruction.

Quote Originally Posted by Molon Labe View Post
    that's because alot of what Bush did is directly responsible for it. As well as Clinton. And yes, Obama continued it far worse which is why we are still in a bigger hole. It's not spin, it called being objective.
    Obama spent a lot of time and money to pick up where President Bush left off in 2008. He did not inherit any thing from GWB. He bought and paid for it with campaign donations and promised to make it all better. End of story.

Quote Originally Posted by Veritas Aequitas View Post
    This is why it may be better for the GOP congress to become a rubber stamp than an obstruction.
    Nah, then all the failures will be called "bipartisan"

Quote Originally Posted by RobJohnson View Post
    Obama spent a lot of time and money to pick up where President Bush left off in 2008. He did not inherit any thing from GWB. He bought and paid for it with campaign donations and promised to make it all better. End of story.
    http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd445/JansGraphix/ConsUndergrd-Sig2.jpg
    Liberalism is just communism sold by the drink.

Quote Originally Posted by Janice View Post
    That is funny. I told someone that very same thing the other night. Obama just inherited the worse economy since the great depression.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis