For those who are despairing or feel it is the end of America because of Obama's victory....I have a few things to say.

I'm a Liberal, most of you here are Conservative. We disagree on things obviously. But, there is no need to despair.

You underrate America's strength if you feel 4 more years of Obama will destroy the country. Did 8 years of TR destroy America? Did 12 years of FDR destroy America? Did 8 years of Truman destroy America? Did 6 years of LBJ destroy America? Did Nixon's 5 years in office bring about the end? Clinton's 8 years?

Did massive crisis like the Civil War, World War II, 9/11 and other tragedies destroy America?

The point is, we have had Presidents who have been much more Liberal than Obama, who have put forth even more Liberal agendas. Johnson pretty much got everything he asked for, and he was MUCH more to the Left than Obama was, with a fully Democratically controlled Congress--and America as you know it did not die. I'd imagine many of you were here were either kids, young adults or perhaps infants or not even born when LBJ was President; Yet, America as you've known it and love it survived. I'm pretty much certain everyone here was born after FDR's twelve years in office, and you all grew up in a post-FDR, New Deal America, and that is the country you were born into, the country you fear losing.

The fact is, whether my guy wins, or your guy wins, it doesn't matter, because America is a strong nation, and we've withstood and survived every challenged that we've faced, both internal and external. I know the loss of an election is painful and a cause for despair, and I am not gloating. You and I may disagree, but I believe we all want America to reach the same destination. We all want America to live on, to be proud, free, great, enviable, strong, prosperous and powerful. We simply disagree on the methods to get there, and I do not begrudge you any of your views; I do not see you as the enemy, only as friends who differ in opinion from me. But let me quote from a great President:

We think sometimes when things happen that don't go the right way.....We think that when someone dear to us dies, we think that when we lose an election, we think that when we suffer a defeat that all is ended. We think, as T.R. said, that the light had left his life forever. Not true.

It is only a beginning, always. The young must know it; the old must know it. It must always sustain us, because the greatness comes not when things go always good for you, but the greatness comes and you are really tested, when you take some knocks, some disappointments, when sadness comes, because only if you have been in the deepest valley can you ever know how magnificent it is to be on the highest mountain.