Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20
  1. #1 For those in despair 
    Recycled Roadkill
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    80
    For those who are despairing or feel it is the end of America because of Obama's victory....I have a few things to say.

    I'm a Liberal, most of you here are Conservative. We disagree on things obviously. But, there is no need to despair.

    You underrate America's strength if you feel 4 more years of Obama will destroy the country. Did 8 years of TR destroy America? Did 12 years of FDR destroy America? Did 8 years of Truman destroy America? Did 6 years of LBJ destroy America? Did Nixon's 5 years in office bring about the end? Clinton's 8 years?

    Did massive crisis like the Civil War, World War II, 9/11 and other tragedies destroy America?

    The point is, we have had Presidents who have been much more Liberal than Obama, who have put forth even more Liberal agendas. Johnson pretty much got everything he asked for, and he was MUCH more to the Left than Obama was, with a fully Democratically controlled Congress--and America as you know it did not die. I'd imagine many of you were here were either kids, young adults or perhaps infants or not even born when LBJ was President; Yet, America as you've known it and love it survived. I'm pretty much certain everyone here was born after FDR's twelve years in office, and you all grew up in a post-FDR, New Deal America, and that is the country you were born into, the country you fear losing.

    The fact is, whether my guy wins, or your guy wins, it doesn't matter, because America is a strong nation, and we've withstood and survived every challenged that we've faced, both internal and external. I know the loss of an election is painful and a cause for despair, and I am not gloating. You and I may disagree, but I believe we all want America to reach the same destination. We all want America to live on, to be proud, free, great, enviable, strong, prosperous and powerful. We simply disagree on the methods to get there, and I do not begrudge you any of your views; I do not see you as the enemy, only as friends who differ in opinion from me. But let me quote from a great President:

    We think sometimes when things happen that don't go the right way.....We think that when someone dear to us dies, we think that when we lose an election, we think that when we suffer a defeat that all is ended. We think, as T.R. said, that the light had left his life forever. Not true.

    It is only a beginning, always. The young must know it; the old must know it. It must always sustain us, because the greatness comes not when things go always good for you, but the greatness comes and you are really tested, when you take some knocks, some disappointments, when sadness comes, because only if you have been in the deepest valley can you ever know how magnificent it is to be on the highest mountain.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #2  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    3,269
    Quote Originally Posted by ASquareDealer View Post
    ................You underrate America's strength if you feel 4 more years of Obama will destroy the country. Did 8 years of TR destroy America? Did 12 years of FDR destroy America? Did 8 years of Truman destroy America? Did 6 years of LBJ destroy America? Did Nixon's 5 years in office bring about the end? Clinton's 8 years?

    Did massive crisis like the Civil War, World War II, 9/11 and other tragedies destroy America............
    Nope. We have survived it all. What we are saying is that it is time to stop experimenting. America will only be destroyed once; let's not find the method.

    We believe America will survive Obama. We are not so sure that America will survive a population so intent on receiving free government services that they elected such a man.

    Today, Wall Street is voting. The Dow is down over 300 points, and is taking your 401(k) down with it. Not a problem for me, understand. I am an active trader and went short enough so that I'll be fine. But you won't. Your savings is about to be eaten by inflation. If you own a house, you've going to have to stay in it, because unemployment will insure that the housing market doesn't recover.

    America? It'll be here. Your money? Probably not. But that'll be OK. Obama will give you a phone.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #3  
    Power CUer
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    10,780
    Quote Originally Posted by Starbuck View Post
    Today, Wall Street is voting. The Dow is down over 300 points, and is taking your 401(k) down with it. Not a problem for me, understand. I am an active trader and went short enough so that I'll be fine. But you won't. Your savings is about to be eaten by inflation. If you own a house, you've going to have to stay in it, because unemployment will insure that the housing market doesn't recover.

    America? It'll be here. Your money? Probably not. But that'll be OK. Obama will give you a phone.
    EXACTLY.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #4  
    Senior Member Janice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Southern USA
    Posts
    2,809
    Quote Originally Posted by Starbuck View Post
    Nope. We have survived it all. What we are saying is that it is time to stop experimenting. America will only be destroyed once; let's not find the method.

    We believe America will survive Obama. We are not so sure that America will survive a population so intent on receiving free government services that they elected such a man.

    Today, Wall Street is voting. The Dow is down over 300 points, and is taking your 401(k) down with it. Not a problem for me, understand. I am an active trader and went short enough so that I'll be fine. But you won't. Your savings is about to be eaten by inflation. If you own a house, you've going to have to stay in it, because unemployment will insure that the housing market doesn't recover.

    America? It'll be here. Your money? Probably not. But that'll be OK. Obama will give you a phone.

    Amen.
    http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd445/JansGraphix/ConsUndergrd-Sig2.jpg
    Liberalism is just communism sold by the drink.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #5  
    Senior Member Molon Labe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Jihad Me At Hello
    Posts
    4,772
    I agree we are more resilient than this. And I'm certain we can survive if the right things are done. The question is for how long? We can't just keep calling time outs and stalling. When FDR and LBJ and the other Super Special libtards were POTUS, this country was at it's peak. We were just starting those bomb diddily economic policies. 80 years of social leveling, federal reliance and listening to you guys Marxist conflict theory and this country is not what it once was. You can only keep spending and expanding the social welfare system and police the world for so long before you either tax yourself into slavery or you bankrupt your nation. I don't know how close we are to the tipping point, but I can hear the thunder in the distance. The problem is that you seem to not notice it and Obama sure as hell doesn't.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown


    The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #6  
    PORCUS MAXIMUS Rockntractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    42,898
    I'm just glad we have this standing between us and the administration.

    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #7  
    PORCUS MAXIMUS Rockntractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    42,898
    Fear not, there are the courts!
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #8  
    Power CUer NJCardFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    16,645
    Quote Originally Posted by Molon Labe View Post
    The problem is that you seem to not notice it and Obama sure as hell doesn't.
    You're wrong here. Obama knows what's going on. It's his plan. He wants to cripple America in the name of social justice. Just watch 2016.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #9  
    PORCUS MAXIMUS Rockntractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    42,898
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #10  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    3,269
    Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    You're wrong here. Obama knows what's going on. It's his plan. He wants to cripple America in the name of social justice. Just watch 2016.
    Yeah. Only he thinks he is in the process of correcting a republic that is fundamentally unfair. If he gets his way - and he won't - unions and their interests would control the purse strings of America. He will be satisfied only if the last self made millionaire vanishes from the census.
    America has become the Land of People Who Want Stuff, as Bill O'Reilly says. The Land of Opportunity is part of history. We'll have to wait and see if it returns.
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •