Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 United Way continues to dump Boy Scouts 
    From my understanding, this has been happening all over:

http://www.abc27.com/story/19369040/...scouts-council

The United Way of the Capital Region says it will stop distributing funds to the Boy Scouts council for south-central Pennsylvania unless the group allows memberships for openly gay scouts.

The charity's board of directors on Friday voted not to renew its partnership agreement with Boy Scouts of America - New Birth of Freedom Council unless the council complies with UWCR's non-discrimination policy by January 1.

The New Birth of Freedom Council follows the directive of its national organization, which last month reaffirmed its policy of barring openly gay scouts and leaders.

Openly gay Boy Scouts? The age limit for earning merit badges is 18. How many 'openly gay' boys out there are 17 or less? An 'openly gay' 13 year old maybe?
    And is this some sort of requirement that Boy Scouts must first experience sex before they can wear the uniform?
    And what if an 8 year old Cub Scout enjoyed the program, continued on to become a Boy Scout and then was 'outed'? Is he then 'openly gay', and does that meet the requirements so that the Scout Troop can be paid?

Actually, as the article points out, most Scouts are 12 years old or thereabouts and sexuality is not discussed.

Or are they really talking about openly gay scoutmasters?....Don't be absurd. Of course they are.

Yeah, it's really disturbing how concerned people like this are about minors being openly gay.

I am here by dropping United Way from my charity fund.... Good-Bye, chumps.

I love my God, my country, my flag, and my troops ....

Quote Originally Posted by LukeEDay View Post
    Dude, united way is a joke, I've read charity watch websites that say they only spend like fractions of a dollar for each donation to actual charities, the rest goes to "administrative costs".

Quote Originally Posted by Hubie View Post
    Yeah, it's really disturbing how concerned people like this are about minors being openly gay.
    It really does sicken me. Liberals want to destroy any "traditional" sense in society, they want 12-13 year olds having "safe" sex because no 12 or 13 year old could EVER abstain, they think underage girls should be allowed to have abortions WITHOUT parental consent, they think McDonald's is enticing little kids to want kid's meals because of the toy so they banned the addition of toys, they think homosexuality is natural but pedophilia and other criminal's got that way because of society, they think the nuclear family, which has survive for thousands of years, is misogynistic and must be torn down and if the liberal sociologists get their way our entire society will fall.

Just look at the evidence, liberals teach that if it feels good do it a lot, there's not consequences, if you lust toward men then that's completely "normal" even though if it were "normal" then our race would not have survived with all the aids/hiv and you know NOT BEING ABLE TO REPRODUCE!

I'm so glad that I'm marrying a woman that was raised knowing how liberals work to destroy society, I honestly would not marry a woman that thought sex was just for fun between any couple that "loves each other" but rather special bonding between a husband and wife that only they share.

This makes me a little angry, but I'm more saddened by how Satan has been succeeding in destroying marriage over the years.

Call me a social conservative, or whatever, but I'm the one that gets my morals objectively by God, and no nova that does not mean I stone non-virgins which was apart of the old Law.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Starbuck View Post
    Openly gay Boy Scouts? The age limit for earning merit badges is 18. How many 'openly gay' boys out there are 17 or less? An 'openly gay' 13 year old maybe?
    And is this some sort of requirement that Boy Scouts must first experience sex before they can wear the uniform?
    And what if an 8 year old Cub Scout enjoyed the program, continued on to become a Boy Scout and then was 'outed'? Is he then 'openly gay', and does that meet the requirements so that the Scout Troop can be paid?

Actually, as the article points out, most Scouts are 12 years old or thereabouts and sexuality is not discussed.
    You and I have different experiences. When I was in seventh grade, sexuality was most definitely "discussed" and quite often yelled. They didn't have sexuality when you were in seventh grade? No "school steady"? No dances? No dates? How about sixth grade when the precocious couple got serenaded with "Bobby and Jenny sitting in a tree... k i s s i n g"?

It's amazing how different our experiences can be.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Wibbins View Post
    Dude, united way is a joke, I've read charity watch websites that say they only spend like fractions of a dollar for each donation to actual charities, the rest goes to "administrative costs".
    What is the administrative cost for United Way of Metropolitan Dallas?
    The Better Business Bureau guideline for nonprofits is that non-program costs should not exceed 35 percent of total expenses.
    For the 2010-2011 fiscal year, the United Way of Metropolitan Dallas overhead costs were 16 percent of total revenue — less than half the Better Business Bureau standard and comparable to or less than the costs of other peer United Ways and local organizations.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Wibbins View Post
    It really does sicken me. Liberals want to destroy any "traditional" sense in society, they want 12-13 year olds having "safe" sex because no 12 or 13 year old could EVER abstain, they think underage girls should be allowed to have abortions WITHOUT parental consent, they think McDonald's is enticing little kids to want kid's meals because of the toy so they banned the addition of toys, they think homosexuality is natural but pedophilia and other criminal's got that way because of society, they think the nuclear family, which has survive for thousands of years, is misogynistic and must be torn down and if the liberal sociologists get their way our entire society will fall.

Just look at the evidence, liberals teach that if it feels good do it a lot, there's not consequences, if you lust toward men then that's completely "normal" even though if it were "normal" then our race would not have survived with all the aids/hiv and you know NOT BEING ABLE TO REPRODUCE!

I'm so glad that I'm marrying a woman that was raised knowing how liberals work to destroy society, I honestly would not marry a woman that thought sex was just for fun between any couple that "loves each other" but rather special bonding between a husband and wife that only they share.

This makes me a little angry, but I'm more saddened by how Satan has been succeeding in destroying marriage over the years.

Call me a social conservative, or whatever, but I'm the one that gets my morals objectively by God, and no nova that does not mean I stone non-virgins which was apart of the old Law.
    After this post, that would not be my assessment of you.

I would point out to you that if you think that the state shouldn't permit same-sex marriage, then what exactly would you tell a 13 year old gay kid? You can't tell him to save himself for marriage. So you see that it's people like you who erode the fabric of society, not the gay kid who just wants to be himself and have a good life.

Quote Originally Posted by LukeEDay View Post
    I dropped united way 12 years ago, if conservatives want the boy scouts to remain conservative they will have to decide whether they choose to support them financially, he who pays makes the rules.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg