Thread: How Conservative Media Lost to the MSM and Failed the Rank and File

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    I would think the turd bird would understand that he needs at least as many conservatives as there are now to feed his rotting carcass and those like him.
    I'm not going to pull the cart anymore than I absolutely have to anymore.
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by The Night Owl View Post

You guys should have run Huntsman!
    Thank you Morning Schmo.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    I would think the turd bird would understand that he needs at least as many conservatives as there are now to feed his rotting carcass and those like him.
    I'm not going to pull the cart anymore than I absolutely have to anymore.
    The Foul Owl won't be concerned about that until we're all bled dry...only then when he can't find anyone to pay for his free Government cheese will he begin to panic.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    We could have run Che Guevara and the Democrats and their media would have labelled him as a rightwing extremist. Huntsman would have gone down to even greater failure, since he didn't appeal to any part of the Republican base.

This election was the result of two things: The collusion between a corrupt media and a corrupt Democratic Party to hide and obscure bad news that might have informed a different decision by the American people, and the encroachment of an entitlement mentality that has made 47% of Americans into welfare serfs. You should be familiar with the media obfuscation, since you are a practitioner of it, or do you still claim that Van Jones isn't a communist?
    One of the surprises of the election was that the base did turn out for Romney. Even the evangelicals, who I incorrectly predicted would stay home, turned out for Romney and in numbers larger than McCain got. The problem is that the base is too small. Novaheart pointed this out in another thread but you guys don't want to listen. What can I say? Enjoy life in the bubble.
    Last edited by The Night Owl; 11-09-2012 at 07:29 PM.
    Ubi Dubium Ibi Libertas

Quote Originally Posted by The Night Owl View Post
    One of the surprises of the election was that the base did turn out for Romney. Even the evangelicals, who I incorrectly predicted would stay home, turned out Romney and in numbers larger than McCain got. The problem is that the base is too small. Novaheart correctly pointed this out in another thread but you guys don't want to listen. What can I say? Enjoy life in the bubble.
    Um...that is incorrect. Evangelicals do not make up the brunt of the base. 12 million less voters than in 08' voted Tuesday. In a shitty economy with alot on the line. Speaking as a long term GOPer. They served up their 2nd "moderate"...so called in 4 years and got rejected. Romney didn't offer the country anything radcially different than Obama was offering. The media tried to portray the differences between them. Most of them marginal ones. Most of the time they were disagreeing on "how" health care would be socialized, or "how" different they would tax people. All differences that don't amount to squat. What was going to win this election were right wing proposals that radically altered the way Big government works, like allowing young people to option out of paying for SS. Or truly closing several of the Federal Departments for good. But he didn't have the balls to do that, so he lost.

It was his inability to bring in independents coupled with energizing his base that did him in.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    This election was the result of two things: The collusion between a corrupt media and a corrupt Democratic Party to hide and obscure bad news that might have informed a different decision by the American people, and the encroachment of an entitlement mentality that has made 47% of Americans into welfare serfs.
    Being in the party of personal responsibility......Do you ever get tired of blaming little ghosties or someone else for Romney's horrible abilities and just plain crappiness?
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Molon Labe View Post
    Being in the party of personal responsibility......Do you ever get tired of blaming little ghosties or someone else for Romney's horrible abilities and just plain crappiness?
    You yourself know you are going way to far with that statement, can't you be honest?
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    You yourself know you are going way to far with that statement, can't you be honest?
    I believe the media does work overtime to twist and do so very much, but this year and 2008 are bad examples. There really didn't need to me much spin to defeat these two.

2000, and 2004 are much better examples of it, but the GOP overcame it. The best way to find media effecting elections is to look at lower tier candidates and how they are treated and marginalized as they have little money and so they cannot get traction. They are kept out of the process.