Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 Boehner Would Accept New Revenue Under ‘Right Conditions’ 
    By Roxana Tiron and Richard Rubin - Nov 7, 2012 2:31 PM CT

U.S. House Speaker John Boehner said Republicans would be willing to accept new tax revenue to reduce the nation’s budget deficit if it’s accompanied by a tax overhaul and changes to entitlement programs.

Speaking in Washington a day after President Barack Obama’s re-election, Boehner of Ohio said all sides are “closer than many think” to being able to revise the tax code.
    “Shoring up entitlements and reforming the tax code -- closing special interest loopholes and deductions, and moving to a fairer, simpler system -- will bring jobs home and result in a stronger, healthier economy,” the speaker said, according to a prepared text.

“Mr. President, this is your moment,” Boehner said, according to the text.

Boehner called for bipartisan negotiations to avert the fiscal cliff of tax increases and spending cuts scheduled to begin in January. He emphasized Republican opposition to raising tax rates.
    http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-1...nditions-.html

Yes of course, we still have the house. How long did it take for Boehner to cave, 16 hrs
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    By Roxana Tiron and Richard Rubin - Nov 7, 2012 2:31 PM CT

U.S. House Speaker John Boehner said Republicans would be willing to accept new tax revenue to reduce the nation’s budget deficit if it’s accompanied by a tax overhaul and changes to entitlement programs.

Speaking in Washington a day after President Barack Obama’s re-election, Boehner of Ohio said all sides are “closer than many think” to being able to revise the tax code.
    “Shoring up entitlements and reforming the tax code -- closing special interest loopholes and deductions, and moving to a fairer, simpler system -- will bring jobs home and result in a stronger, healthier economy,” the speaker said, according to a prepared text.

“Mr. President, this is your moment,” Boehner said, according to the text.

Boehner called for bipartisan negotiations to avert the fiscal cliff of tax increases and spending cuts scheduled to begin in January. He emphasized Republican opposition to raising tax rates.
    http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-1...nditions-.html

Yes of course, we still have the house. How long did it take for Boehner to cave, 16 hrs
    Why you consider it caving ? Many economists agree that closing certain "Loopholes" and lowering tax rates would generate higher revenues.
    The 21st century. The age of Smart phones and Stupid people.

It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Why you consider it caving ? Many economists agree that closing certain "Loopholes" and lowering tax rates would generate higher revenues.
    He is willing to raise taxes.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.

More tax revenue not tax rates.

It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

5. #5 Re: Boehner Would Accept New Revenue Under ‘Right Conditions’ 
    Just wait,
    it will magically change to a higher rate,and I'll be hearing about how we have to compromise.

Sent from my Dell Streak 7 using Tapatalk 2

Wasn't "closing loopholes" part of Romney's tax plan?

Quote Originally Posted by m00 View Post
    Does anyone have all night to type posts to this block of cheese? Odie, JB, Adam, anybody?

Not worth the time...
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    A man is but a product of his thoughts. What he thinks, he becomes. Gandhi
    Quote Originally Posted by Carol
    When I judge someone's integrity one key thing I look at is - How does s/he treat people s/he doesn't agree with or does not like?
    I can respect someone who I do not agree with, but I have NO respect for someone who puts others down in a public forum. That is the hallmark of someone who has no integrity, and cannot be trusted.

Quote Originally Posted by m00 View Post
    Does anyone have all night to type posts to this block of cheese? Odie, JB, Adam, anybody?
    Well it was and Speaker Boehner must agree with all the economists that agree such a plan would work without raising taxes.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Well it was and Speaker Boehner must agree with all the economists that agree such a plan would work without raising taxes.
    No matter how you want to slice it, removing more revenue from producers by taking away expense deductions etc... and giving the money to the non producers in society is not good for an economy that is hurting for jobs and investment in the manufacturing sector.
    Take away my deductions and incentive to grow and you remove any desire I have to produce.
    This is all about Obama refusing to spend less and continuing to give his friends and interests a free ride.
    Call it what you like, it is taking my investment money and giving it to non productive individuals.