1. #1 Citizens United and this election. 
    3 years and over a billion dollars later, and we still have almost the exact same government as we did before. Will the left drop the myth that the SCOTUS decision means that corporations will be able to "buy" elections? Money from special interest groups had very little to do with influencing voters this election. The only money that really had an impact, was money from the treasury that went to bailout union auto-makers in Ohio and Michigan. That money either came from taxes collected from the 53% that still pay them, or was borrowed from countries such as China. That money surely helped "buy" votes for Obama.

Quote Originally Posted by Lager View Post
    3 years and over a billion dollars later, and we still have almost the exact same government as we did before. Will the left drop the myth that the SCOTUS decision means that corporations will be able to "buy" elections? Money from special interest groups had very little to do with influencing voters this election. The only money that really had an impact, was money from the treasury that went to bailout union auto-makers in Ohio and Michigan. That money either came from taxes collected from the 53% that still pay them, or was borrowed from countries such as China. That money surely helped "buy" votes for Obama.
    I made the observation the night of the election that Barrack Obama's re election was bought and paid for by the unions. Case in point Ohio , Pennsylvania and Wisconsin.
    The 21st century. The age of Smart phones and Stupid people.

It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    I made the observation the night of the election that Barrack Obama's re election was bought and paid for by the unions. Case in point Ohio , Pennsylvania and Wisconsin.
    I would say for Ohio but Wisconsin and Pa. haven't gone red since 1988(Pa.) and 1984(Wisconsin).
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

I wouldn't give unions too much credit. They have been unable to get rid of republican governors that they don't like. In Michigan, home of the UAW, they weren't even able to get enough signatures to start recall proceedings. They make really stupid strategy decisions-why would you try to recall a governor who won with around 60% of the vote? I say all this as a UAW member.

I received a whole lot of mail prior to the election, both from the UAW and from the AFL-CIO. I threw most of it out without looking twice.

I got a personal visit Saturday morning from an Obama campaign worker who asked for me by name. He had a flyer that went over the ballot, the proposals, the judicial races-he was willing to go over each item with me, but I told him he was preaching to the choir. A really nice young man-it was right before I left for the pool, and I saw several other young people with Obama pins and clipboards combing the neighborhood while I was driving to get to the main street.

I saw a fair number of political ads on tv-mostly Romney or conservative PAC ads. The Obama campaign did not spend so much on television ads in Michigan, but they had people going door to door with the names of likely democratic supporters-damn, it's hard to match that kind of personal touch.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    I wouldn't give unions too much credit. They have been unable to get rid of republican governors that they don't like. In Michigan, home of the UAW, they weren't even able to get enough signatures to start recall proceedings. They make really stupid strategy decisions-why would you try to recall a governor who won with around 60% of the vote? I say all this as a UAW member.

I received a whole lot of mail prior to the election, both from the UAW and from the AFL-CIO. I threw most of it out without looking twice.

I got a personal visit Saturday morning from an Obama campaign worker who asked for me by name. He had a flyer that went over the ballot, the proposals, the judicial races-he was willing to go over each item with me, but I told him he was preaching to the choir. A really nice young man-it was right before I left for the pool, and I saw several other young people with Obama pins and clipboards combing the neighborhood while I was driving to get to the main street.

I saw a fair number of political ads on tv-mostly Romney or conservative PAC ads. The Obama campaign did not spend so much on television ads in Michigan, but they had people going door to door with the names of likely democratic supporters-damn, it's hard to match that kind of personal touch.
    Those same faces will be standing in the bread lines of their own making soon.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by AmPat View Post
    Those same faces will be standing in the bread lines of their own making soon.

Nah, they'll have entry level management jobs at GM or Chrysler.