Thread: Former GE CEO Jack Welch "I now believe we are in for one hell of a deep downturn,"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Eyelids
    Quote Originally Posted by Lager View Post
    LOL. That's just too funny. Taxes aren't for the purpose of contributing to "causes" you believe in. What are we talking about here, saving the rainforest? Ending hunger in the third world? If you have a cause you believe in, why do you think the government is best the administrator of that cause? And why should the rest of the tax paying public be forced to also contribute to your cause as well?
    The cause of a chance for every American kid to have the same shot at life as everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyelids View Post
    The cause of a chance for every American kid to have the same shot at life as everyone else.
    I think you stole that line from a Mickey Rooney movie. But in case you really posted that with a straight face, I don't know any other country where a kid has as much of a chance to reach their full potential as he or she does in this one. And I'm guessing you meant "shot at a good life". Because with the Lefties' obsession with abortion, you might be more correct the way you originally posted it.

Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    We should go back to the good old days where the only home loan you get with no money down was a GI loan; 10% down on others. Of 3 homes I purchased, I never thought once about a second mortgage. That stupid shit should cease also along with ARM's.

I don't doubt that the 4th quarter is going to be a bummer. This buyout will send the market up; afterwards I think I will do a lot of selling.

After listening to Jack Welch and Newt tonight, the 700 billion dollar bailout is actually a buy out. The government will buy these foreclosed mortgages and own these homes. So it's not like we are handing over all that money to Freddie and Fannie. Newt said the government is paying more than market value for these homes. The government may sell them for more or less than what they pay for them. More like less cause the government could not make a profit on a shit-house if all the toilets crashed. I think the taxpayer is getting a piss poor deal if the government pays more than the appraised value of the homes as they stand rather the inflated prices that Freddie and Fannie has on the books. These foreclosed homes equal about 5% of the total market. If the Congress critters decide that a melt down in inevitable unless there is a buyout, then these mortgages should only be purchased at their present value not book value.
    Equity and/or line of credit loans & ARMS aren't the culprits. We don't want to go from everyone with a heartbeat & a job qualifies to no one but the Cash wealthy qualify for loans.
    The 21st century. The age of Smart phones and Stupid people.

It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

Eyelids
    Quote Originally Posted by Lager View Post
    I think you stole that line from a Mickey Rooney movie. But in case you really posted that with a straight face, I don't know any other country where a kid has as much of a chance to reach their full potential as he or she does in this one. And I'm guessing you meant "shot at a good life". Because with the Lefties' obsession with abortion, you might be more correct the way you originally posted it.
    The rest of the world has nothing to fucking do with this, I see countless kids born into wealth get fast-tracked into the better schools and better jobs than somebody from somebody born into a lower income bracket. It's bullshit, you only have to work hard if you started off poor.