Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Just in case….. 
    Anybody wonders.

I’m taking a hiatus from floating over the internet in search of common sense. I find it a very elusive target and an extremely uncommon characteristic thereabouts.

Yes, the steepening of the slide of the USA into oblivion on 11/6/12 is one cause. It is just one more of life’s harassments that I plan to insulate myself from. I still have confidence that my cache of cash will see me and the Missus through the end of our lives but even more than before, I’m glad I’m old and don’t have to watch this collapse a whole lot longer.

If I find any good funnies, I’ll swing in and add to the humor forum. When I find another nail in the owlboring coffin to bury the shattered hockey stick and other such fallacies of AGW, I will likewise come over to add to the CU weather channel.

I don’t expect to be contributing that much to the history forum since my presence will be far from daily. And, Rock, don’t expect me to toss any grenades into the (Un)civil war discussion. I have enjoyed educating the woefully ignorant on many subjects but trying to educate the willfully ignorant causes too much tension and I don’t have to put up with that.

SR & SLW – This place is greyt and I value folks like you who take the time and effort to supply some of us dissatisfied and rebellious old goats a place to play.

I have what I consider to be hard evidence that the little o won 4 years ago because he was black. That evidence is not present in this election. What is present is evidence that the refusal of die-hard “my way of the highway” right wingers to support Mitt, objectionable as he was, gave this election to the little o.

The weather is becoming fit for more yard work, landscaping, the fall garden and doing some furniture refinishing so, at least until the snow flies in SE Texas, I’ll see ya’ll occasionally but probably not real often.

May the magic zero rot in hell.

Special request: If any news hits about AA, good or bad, please send me a note.
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    Live every day as if it were your last, because one of these days, it will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Retread View Post
    Anybody wonders.

I’m taking a hiatus from floating over the internet in search of common sense. I find it a very elusive target and an extremely uncommon characteristic thereabouts.

Yes, the steepening of the slide of the USA into oblivion on 11/6/12 is one cause. It is just one more of life’s harassments that I plan to insulate myself from. I still have confidence that my cache of cash will see me and the Missus through the end of our lives but even more than before, I’m glad I’m old and don’t have to watch this collapse a whole lot longer.

If I find any good funnies, I’ll swing in and add to the humor forum. When I find another nail in the owlboring coffin to bury the shattered hockey stick and other such fallacies of AGW, I will likewise come over to add to the CU weather channel.

I don’t expect to be contributing that much to the history forum since my presence will be far from daily. And, Rock, don’t expect me to toss any grenades into the (Un)civil war discussion. I have enjoyed educating the woefully ignorant on many subjects but trying to educate the willfully ignorant causes too much tension and I don’t have to put up with that.

SR & SLW – This place is greyt and I value folks like you who take the time and effort to supply some of us dissatisfied and rebellious old goats a place to play.

I have what I consider to be hard evidence that the little o won 4 years ago because he was black. That evidence is not present in this election. What is present is evidence that the refusal of die-hard “my way of the highway” right wingers to support Mitt, objectionable as he was, gave this election to the little o.

The weather is becoming fit for more yard work, landscaping, the fall garden and doing some furniture refinishing so, at least until the snow flies in SE Texas, I’ll see ya’ll occasionally but probably not real often.

I think you are wise, politics no longer belong to the people.
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

Thanks Rock - naturally I found something for the weather channel right away.

Gone again.

Anybody wonders.

I contemplated walking away for awhile as well...but since I don't have AFN right now and all I'd have to watch for imformation is CNN International...this place and CC keeps me sane.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Sorry to see you go even if it's just temp but that's no problem, take a break!

Wait...O is black???? Holy mother of God!!! I knew something was different about him!!!!!

Till later...
    May the FORCE be with you!

Retread, we'll miss you. I've had situations in life where I've backed off for a while, then regrouped and came back stronger. A suggestion for all of us, let's try to focus on what's still good in life. If the politics forums cause stress, go to the humor, pet forum, history, or whatever else interests you.

This whole election thing has really hit all of us. I keep trying to make sense of it and have finally come to a realization that our country has changed so much. A coalition of various minorities can gang up on the former majority and have us support them. I think a forum like this is valuable, to sort things out and to try to formulate defenses against the new majority.

One thing I'm sure---a whole army of tax attorneys, estate planners, etc will be at the ready for those who have the truly big bucks. We need to sort of band together to formulate our own defenses. The best defense is a good offense---wait, probably knowledge gained from the brainstorming of all of us.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    I contemplated walking away for awhile as well...but since I don't have AFN right now and all I'd have to watch for imformation is CNN International...this place and CC keeps me sane.

Tx I like the fact you are online when I wake up and can't sleep...glad you are at both places, sir.

Retread you will be missed.

Quote Originally Posted by RobJohnson View Post
    Retread you will be missed.
    Don't wave bye Rob. I'm just not coming in as often.

Don't wave bye Rob. I'm just not coming in as often.
    There is a lot to be done around here, that election left the place in one hell of a dammed mess. You can't expect me to clean up everything myself!
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg