Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

1. #1 Boehner to Obama: ‘This is your moment,’ ‘we want you to succeed’ 
    Speaker of the House John Boehner delivered a direct message to President Barack Obama after Obama’s victory in the election: “This is your moment” and “we want you to succeed.”

“If there’s a mandate in yesterday’s [election] results it’s a mandate for us to find a way to work together on the solutions to the challenges that we all face as a nation,” Boehner said in a speech at the Capitol on Wednesday.

These challenges, Boehner said, include the expiration of the Bush-era tax cuts at the end of the year, automatic defense spending cuts, the debt limit increase and the expiration of the continuing resolution that’s keeping the government running without a formal budget.

He insisted that House Republicans are willing to work with the president to avoid the so-called “fiscal cliff.”

“Mr. President, this is your moment,” Boehner said. “We’re ready to be led not as Democrats or Republicans, but as Americans. We want you to lead not as a liberal or a conservative, but as the president of the United States of America. We want you to succeed. Let’s challenge ourselves to find the common ground that has eluded us.”

Boehner still rejects the position of Democrats like Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid who want to raise the top tax rate, arguing that this would hurt small businesses.

However, he said Republicans are open to raising revenue by reforming the tax code with the help of Obama.
    Ass sucking video goodness at link.
    Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2012/11/07/bo...#ixzz2Baqxyzdh
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

What planet does Barry O'boehner live on?

Right now a 'fiscal cliff' is exactly what we need.

And you want this marxist to succeed? Are you nuts??
    http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd445/JansGraphix/ConsUndergrd-Sig2.jpg
    Liberalism is just communism sold by the drink.

Quote Originally Posted by Janice View Post
    What planet does Barry O'boehner live on?

Right now a 'fiscal cliff' is exactly what we need.

And you want this marxist to succeed? Are you nuts??
    A word of advice: When your adversary is on the edge of a fiscal cliff, and his motto is "Forward", let him have his way. Raising taxes right now will avoid the immediate effects of sequestration, but it will put us back into a worse recession than the one we started with. If that's what Obama wants, then let him have it, but remind people whose idea it was.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Our government now has a left wing and a clipped wing.
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    A word of advice: When your adversary is on the edge of a fiscal cliff, and his motto is "Forward", let him have his way. Raising taxes right now will avoid the immediate effects of sequestration, but it will put us back into a worse recession than the one we started with. If that's what Obama wants, then let him have it, but remind people whose idea it was.

QFT. Nothing else to oppose Barack on. He got his socialized healthcare, he EO'd in amnesty (the first wave of it anyhow, I expect the same for the remaining 9-10 million illegals) so sit back, and watch the collapse people were warned about.

Senior Member Unreconstructed Reb's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Veritas Aequitas View Post
    QFT. Nothing else to oppose Barack on. He got his socialized healthcare, he EO'd in amnesty (the first wave of it anyhow, I expect the same for the remaining 9-10 million illegals) so sit back, and watch the collapse people were warned about.
    Someone posted the Cloward-Piven strategy recently: overload the welfare system until it collapses and rebuild the glorious communist utopia from the ashes. This is Bronco Bama's goal and Boehner wants him to succeed?!? What an idiot.
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that you won't need it until they try to take it away."---Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote Originally Posted by Unreconstructed Reb View Post
    Someone posted the Cloward-Piven strategy recently: overload the welfare system until it collapses and rebuild the glorious communist utopia from the ashes. This is Bronco Bama's goal and Boehner wants him to succeed?!? What an idiot.
    I did.

Quote Originally Posted by Unreconstructed Reb View Post
    The problem with the Cloward-Piven strategy is that when they end up collapsing the welfare state, communism doesn't result, anarchy does. This is what we are seeing in Greece. Liberals tend to do very badly when law and order break down. The occupy crowd was marginally effective against police forces run by liberal mayors. Imagine what would happen if they faced off against middle class entrepreneurs who are not afraid to exercise their Second Amendment rights.
    --Odysseus

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    A word of advice: When your adversary is on the edge of a fiscal cliff, and his motto is "Forward", let him have his way. ..................
    But wait!, WAIT! I'm riding in his backpack!

I mean, if I was clairvoyant, and I knew the guy was going to die in a plane crash today, would I buy the seat next to him?!

No, I say. GO BACK!

Quote Originally Posted by Starbuck View Post
    But wait!, WAIT! I'm riding in his backpack!

I mean, if I was clairvoyant, and I knew the guy was going to die in a plane crash today, would I buy the seat next to him?!

No, I say. GO BACK!
    Unfortunately, the majority of the passengers on the Titanic have voted to hit the iceberg. We can't stop it, but we can make sure that we have places in the lifeboats.
    --Odysseus