Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1 California Voters Approve Higher Taxes 
    PORCUS MAXIMUS Rockntractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    42,464
    BY VAUHINI VARA

    SAN FRANCISCO—In approving a ballot measure sought by Gov. Jerry Brown to raise taxes for several years, Californians took a step toward improving the state's fiscal situation and avoiding education cuts.

    According to the California Secretary of State's website, 53.9% of voters backed the measure, Proposition 30, while 46.1% voted against it, with all votes counted except for provisional and some mailed-in ballots.

    The approval is a significant victory for Mr. Brown, a Democrat, who has staked his governorship on a campaign to raise taxes to ease the effects of the state's budget crunch.

    "Last night, Californians made the courageous ...

    http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...WhatsNewsThird

    These computerized voting machines are working out very well for progressives.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #2  
    CU Royalty JB's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    8,095
    Just find the three or four people that voted against it and gay marriage the thing.

    It's not like people voting on something in California really means anything.
    Be Not Afraid.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #3  
    Senior Member Zeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Tiny Redneck town in Texas
    Posts
    2,054
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Just find the three or four people that voted against it and gay marriage the thing.

    It's not like people voting on something in California really means anything.

    More people & jobs for Arizona , New Mexico & Texas.
    The 21st century. The age of Smart phones and Stupid people.

    It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #4  
    Fabulous Poster
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    10,161
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    BY VAUHINI VARA

    SAN FRANCISCO—In approving a ballot measure sought by Gov. Jerry Brown to raise taxes for several years, Californians took a step toward improving the state's fiscal situation and avoiding education cuts.

    According to the California Secretary of State's website, 53.9% of voters backed the measure, Proposition 30, while 46.1% voted against it, with all votes counted except for provisional and some mailed-in ballots.

    The approval is a significant victory for Mr. Brown, a Democrat, who has staked his governorship on a campaign to raise taxes to ease the effects of the state's budget crunch.

    "Last night, Californians made the courageous ...

    http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...WhatsNewsThird

    These computerized voting machines are working out very well for progressives.
    Big deal.

    A quarter point increase in sales tax. Fifty bucks more on a new car.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #5  
    Fabulous Poster
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    10,161
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Just find the three or four people that voted against it and gay marriage the thing.

    It's not like people voting on something in California really means anything.
    Taxes are supposed to be subject to popular vote, civil rights aren't.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #6  
    CU Royalty JB's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    8,095
    Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    Taxes are supposed to be subject to popular vote, civil rights aren't.
    Is that so.

    Tell me...when do we, as a nation, go to the polls and decide whether or not to retain the Bush tax cuts? What day is that happening?

    Why do you insist on making shit up and passing it off as fact? Oh wait, lying liberal. Nevermind.
    Be Not Afraid.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #7  
    Senior Member Zathras's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    San Jose, California
    Posts
    6,382
    Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    Big deal.

    A quarter point increase in sales tax. Fifty bucks more on a new car.
    It is a big deal you asswipe. This is going to hit the poor in this state more than the rich you ignorant fucktard. The rich can move out of here while the poor are stuck here. It's also going to drive businesses out of state, taking the jobs they provide with them. Maybe if you actually lived here you would understand but, then again, if you did live here you would have voted for this abomination. I'm fucking tired of out of state assholes like you saying "big deal" when they're not affected by it in the least.
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •