Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Fabulous Poster
    Anybody else listen to Mark Levin today? He's having a meltdown.

He thinks that 3 million republicans stayed away from the polls because Romney wasn't conservative enough. Mind you, this otherwise intelligent man thought that Michele Bachmann and Rick Santorum were the best pieces of candy in the box. Mind you, that Levin makes no mention of the number of Democrats who stayed home or the inarguable fact that Democrats outnumber Republicans nationally.

He's furious with Boehner for saying that Obamacare survived legal challenge and voter referendum and is the law of the land. Mind you that Boehner also said that the Congressional GOP would do it's best to tweak Obamacare to make it acceptable. Mind you, that no one, not even the Democrats ever thought otherwise. At the time that Obamacare passed, it was openly stated that it would need to be adapted to work best.

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post

He thinks that 3 million republicans stayed away from the polls because Romney wasn't conservative enough. Mind you, this otherwise intelligent man thought that Michele Bachmann and Rick Santorum were the best pieces of candy in the box. Mind you, that Levin makes no mention of the number of Democrats who stayed home or the inarguable fact that Democrats outnumber Republicans nationally.

He's furious with Boehner for saying that Obamacare survived legal challenge and voter referendum and is the law of the land. Mind you that Boehner also said that the Congressional GOP would do it's best to tweak Obamacare to make it acceptable. Mind you, that no one, not even the Democrats ever thought otherwise. At the time that Obamacare passed, it was openly stated that it would need to be adapted to work best.
    He has been beating the same drum for two days now, over and over, he is wasting his breath.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    It's not that Moderates can't win it's more like the mistake of playing to independents on the silly idea that independents decide elections. Play to the base Even though you may already have their vote,which isn't a guarantee as evidenced 2012 , they will by way of networking be your mouth pieces and vote getters.
    Moderates can win. Conservatives can win. Liberals can win. I'm convinced it's a matter of who appears more personally fit to lead the country, who runs a more organized campaign, and not a matter of specific ideology. I'm not buying the people-want-handouts argument, because it doesn't explain Bush's second term win. I actually see a lot of parallels between the Romney campaign and the Kerry campaign.

He thinks that 3 million republicans stayed away from the polls because Romney wasn't conservative enough
    I don't agree with this assessment, but probably for different reasons than you.

Fabulous Poster
    Tell you this:

Obama reps visited my house at least 3 times and I did not have a sign in the yard or a bumper sticker on my car.

Not once did a Romney rep contact me in person or on the phone. Not that it would have made a difference, but the street level organization didn't seem to be there.

Romney spent a fortune on signs. They were everywhere. "Romney Ryan" and "Save America Fire Obama". I mean that there were more signs for Romney than I have ever seen for any candidate.

I encountered Romney troops twice on major intersections waving signs. The Obama troops were walking down the same road and talking to people, knocking on doors, visiting Walmart.

If Romney thought he could get any of the black vote, I didn't see any evidence of him trying for it. I saw one Romney sign in front of a black person's house, and it was the same person who in 2008 had an Obama sign and an anti-gay sign.

Tell you this:

Obama reps visited my house at least 3 times and I did not have a sign in the yard or a bumper sticker on my car.

But you had a rainbow sticker/emblem somewhere.

Only a Libtard would call that a meltdown. Go watch your precious MSNBC sometime...there's a meltdown there every hour.

Mark is passionate. I know you don't comprehend that emotion...Libtards only have two emotions...anger and hate.

Some of us have more of an emotional spectrum.

He thinks that 3 million republicans stayed away from the polls because Romney wasn't conservative enough.
    And he'd be right. Hell we have anecdotal evidence of that in our own little CU universe. Romney wasn't Conservative. He wasn't Libertarian. He was a moderate...and the one guy we as Republicans were told by the RNC and the so called "experts" could beat Obama.

Mind you, this otherwise intelligent man thought that Michele Bachmann and Rick Santorum were the best pieces of candy in the box.
    And they were. They'd have brought out those 3 million that stayed home.

Mind you, that Levin makes no mention of the number of Democrats who stayed home or the inarguable fact that Democrats outnumber Republicans nationally.
    That's not his job his concern or the people he talks to. Go ask a Lib talk radio host...if you can find one on the air...about that crap.

Let them go figure out how Obama lost votes in the Black community this time in comparison to 2008.

It's not any concern of Mark's or any other conservative talker.

He's furious with Boehner for saying that Obamacare survived legal challenge and voter referendum and is the law of the land. Mind you that Boehner also said that the Congressional GOP would do it's best to tweak Obamacare to make it acceptable.
    And this is exactly why Boehner shouldn't be speaker of the house. He's to willing to act like you...bend over grab his ankles and asked to be sodomized.

He's all but stated he's going to go along with anything Obama sends his way. There won't be opposition from the House...not for a couple years anyway.

This is also proof positive of why an incurious knee jerk Lib with the political knowledge depth of a kiddie pool like you shouldn't try to analyze Republican politics.

You apply cookie cutter fast food "observations" to things you know and care nothing about. You act intellectual to cover the fact you're mocking us.

<--- DU is that way

Mind you, that no one, not even the Democrats ever thought otherwise. At the time that Obamacare passed, it was openly stated that it would need to be adapted to work best.
    No at the time it was said that "we need to pass it to know what's in it". Your elected masters used a temporary super majority to ram this piece of shit legislation down the throats of Americans and THEY didn't even know what was in it and passed it with hundreds of pages that were BLANK and labelled to be written later.

The only good thing I can see coming from Obamacare if it's allowed to stand...is that the lifestyle you lead is about to be deemed unhealthy and dangerous by the very system you champion and by the very same people you think are the best and brightest out there to lead this nation.

There is going to be a shockwave throughout the gay community like you've never seen when the bean counters in D.C. that decide who gets and who doesn't get health coverage decide that if you're gay...you're too much of a risk to cover.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Quote Originally Posted by m00 View Post
    Moderates can win. Conservatives can win. Liberals can win. I'm convinced it's a matter of who appears more personally fit to lead the country, who runs a more organized campaign, and not a matter of specific ideology. I'm not buying the people-want-handouts argument, because it doesn't explain Bush's second term win. I actually see a lot of parallels between the Romney campaign and the Kerry campaign.
    Oh Geez , Out of curiosity in your esteemed opinion who was the magical candidate ? If you don't agree with the handouts argument then why did the 'He wants to eliminate (Insert entitlement here)" claims work ? You really don't think they voted for higher Unemployment , Higher energy costs, higher medical costs , higher welfare rates etc etc. They want Candy. Not Brach's but Barack's.
    The 21st century. The age of Smart phones and Stupid people.

It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by m00 View Post
    Moderates can win. Conservatives can win. Liberals can win. I'm convinced it's a matter of who appears more personally fit to lead the country, who runs a more organized campaign, and not a matter of specific ideology.
    Ford...Bush 41...Dole...McCain...Romney.

How'd THOSE moderates work for you m00?

I'm not buying the people-want-handouts argument, because it doesn't explain Bush's second term win. I actually see a lot of parallels between the Romney campaign and the Kerry campaign.
    Well you better get used to it because the people that don't want to have to work to get shit just voted their hero to a second term.

Bush was still a fiscal conservative (compared to the Libs) at the start of his 2nd term. He didn't give up and give in until after the 2006 mid terms.

Of course you see parallels between Kerry and Romney...they're both Massachusetts Libs.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Oh Geez , Out of curiosity in your esteemed opinion who was the magical candidate ?
    I'm not saying there's a magic candidate. It's like a kid comes home with an F on a paper, and goes "What, nobody can get 100%" -- So I'm not saying there was a perfect or magic candidate. I'm saying Romney ran a really, really, really bad campaign. His message was wishy-washy, pandering, not particularly conservative, but also not appealing across the aisle. What's unfortunate is that I think it was a bit of the emperor's new clothes situation... no influential voice on the right really wanted to admit this.

If you don't agree with the handouts argument then why did the 'He wants to eliminate (Insert entitlement here)" claims work ?
    He refused to refute it. Here's the game that got played. Romney didn't want to get specific. So Obama baited him with, "Well Romney wants to eliminate X." Because if Romney said "no" well then he would have to get specific. So Romney ignored it, because he preferred to keep things high level/vague. For better or worse, gave people the impression he had no real plan.

You really don't think they voted for higher Unemployment , Higher energy costs, higher medical costs , higher welfare rates etc etc. They want Candy. Not Brach's but Barack's.
    I can only rely on anecdotal evidence for this, because I'm not a pollster. But the truth is I happen to work in a liberal industry. I'm in Montreal, but it's an international company and we have quite a number of Americans. Me in this other guy were the only non-Obama-supporters. Those Americans that work at my company; they all have reasonably high paying jobs. They don't want free stuff, they make too much money to collect it. My mom also voted for Obama. She's extremely well off.

So you can take this however you want, but to be perfectly honest when I read a conservative blog or watch Fox and they say "oh, well Obama won because he's the welfare president / gives people free stuff / etc" I think it's not only false, but tragic... because it's the easy answer that lets the party off the hook from self-reflection and a deep analysis. Just my 2c.