Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Chris Matthews expresses regret for Sandy remark on election night 
    MSNBC's Chris Matthews expressed regret Wednesday night for saying he was "glad" Hurricane Sandy hit because it helped President Obama
    Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012...#ixzz2BePp1a43

Planet expresses regret for Chris Matthews.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

It was a very stupid thing to say, in light of how much destruction was left in the storm's wake. Now, they are being pounded with a snowstorm. Chris Matthews makes me miss Tim Russert.

I didn't catch it on Election Night, but I was watching TDS when they called the race for Obama. I didn't stay up much later than that, and was in bed by midnight.

This guy has a habit of saying really insensitive or dumbass things. It makes me wonder why I work so hard to be a good, hard-working person. If I had been a colossal idiot, I could have been a national celebrity with a 7 figure salary.

Imagine if this was said on Fox.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    It was a very stupid thing to say, in light of how much destruction was left in the storm's wake. Now, they are being pounded with a snowstorm. Chris Matthews makes me miss Tim Russert.

I didn't catch it on Election Night, but I was watching TDS when they called the race for Obama. I didn't stay up much later than that, and was in bed by midnight.
    Tingles makes me miss my lunch. Tim Russert makes me miss Tim Russert.
    Olde-style, states' rights conservative. Ask if this concept confuses you.

The only thing Chris Matthews regrets is that people were able to see what a jerk this guy truly is unscripted and unhinged.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Wood View Post
    Tingles makes me miss my lunch. Tim Russert makes me miss Tim Russert.
    LOL!

Thanks, I needed that.

Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by LadyGunSlinger View Post
    The only thing Chris Matthews regrets is that people were able to see what a jerk this guy truly is unscripted and unhinged.
    The truly DUmb among the ranks won't understand just how profoundly stupid and insensitive the remark. The ideologically aligned, hence truly stupid, won't care. And the rest of us already get it. Chrissy is safe and insulated from repercussions due to his moonbattiness. A conservative would be in Obama's cooked unemployment numbers.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post

Calling it a stupid comment misses the point. Chris Matthews is not saying something stupid, he is saying what he believes. Matthews was simply demonstrating his core principle, which is that the amount of pain imposed on the people of the United States is irrelevant as long as his side wins in the end. It's an end justifies the means attitude that the left embraces.

This is the face of the Democrats who denounced our troops while Republicans were in power, but stopped the moment Bush left office, or who loved filibusters when Democrats were in the minority in the senate, but now want them abolished because they interfere with the agenda. In Matthews' world, anything goes, as long as the good guys win, and the good guys are they say they are, not matter how incompetent, corrupt or downright evil they may be. This is the worldview that allows a president to abandon people in the middle of a firefight, lie about it repeatedly and still claim to be strong on defense. It's the worldview that allows a senator to drown a woman and still be heralded by feminists, who also closed ranks to defend another president who was credibly accused of rape. It's the worldview that lets another senator be revered as the "conscience of the senate" despite his having been an officer in the KKK. It's a worldview that justifies anything, any lie, any act, any crime, as long as it advances the pursuit of power.

All Matthews cares about is getting power to the left. If it takes a hurricane that leaves millions of people without the basic necessities of life, then he's okay with that. It's just the latest variation on not being able to make an omelet without breaking a few eggs.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!