Hybrid View

1. #1 Detroit Elects 8 time felon to MI House 
    (CBS) DETROIT - The newly elected state assembly in Michigan includes at least one ex-con: Brian Banks, who's been convicted eight times for felonies involving bad checks and credit card fraud, won a seat representing the east side of Detroit, Harper Woods, and the tony Grosse Pointes, CBS Detroit reports..

Banks, 35, was convicted eight times between 1998 and 2004 of writing bad checks and credit card fraud. His slogan was "You can Bank on Banks."

Ironic, no?

The 35-year-old Democrat and lifelong Detroiter, got 68 percent of the vote to Republican Dan Schulte's 32 percent, according to CBS Detroit.

"It's time to elect a leader, with experience and passion, who will fight for you," Banks wrote on his website.
    Michigan voters approved a constitutional amendment in 2010 that bans anyone convicted of a felony in the last 20 years from running for office - but the caveat is the conviction has to be "related to the person's official capacity while holding any elective office." This was Banks' first run for elected office.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_1...y-report-says/
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

This sounds like one of the most highly qualified Hoodie Party politicians yet!
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

It's unfortunate that our choice wasn't between the bank fraud guy and the reindeer farmer, who is sometimes confused as to whether he is Santa or not, but, alas, they are from different districts.

I never heard of the pastor who endorsed this guy or the church he allegedly pastors, but like any big city, there are so many storefront churches and such that it is not easy to know all of them. At least he's not a member of the Shrine of The Black Madonna-they are very politically active and definitely an "I hate whitey" kind of church. It's the church Kwame grew up in, but not the one he attended as an adult (he went to his wife's church). At the Shrine, the members all have "Shrine names", which are allegedly african names. It also produced Barbara Rose Collins, one of the most corrupt women to ever walk City Hall and the halls of Congress. Her shrine name means something like a queen who is violent. Ze'ev Chavets dedicated a whole chapter of his book Devil's Night And Other True Stories Of Detroit to her. You all think Jeremiah Wright/Trinity UCC is bad news....

Sometimes, I wonder why I even bother being a moral person.

Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    Sometimes, I wonder why I even bother being a moral person.
    You have that pesky conscience thing.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

8 time fellon? Sounds like the perfect Democrat candidate.
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    You have that pesky conscience thing.
    Freaking bummer, that is.